Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OE-Alliance OnDemand Plugin ( BETA)BBC Player and ITV player working in Ireland.

Options
  • 22-02-2013 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭

OE-Alliance OnDemand Plugin ( BETA - WORK IN PROGRESS )

As post by Pheonix on world of satellite forum:

OE-Alliance OnDemand player

Here is a sneak preview of the work done so far, please bear in mind that this is still WIP ( work in progress ) and it is far from finished, but it should give you a idea of where things are going with the project.

you can keep up with developments via the GIT here

https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-plugins/tree/master/OnDemand

extract the following archive and FTP the OnDemand folder to

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/

then issue the following command via a telnet session.

init 4 && opkg install python-lxml python-beautifulsoup python-dnspython && init 3

This plugin will only work with the ViX image at present.

RTE Player, 3player BBC player and ITV player all working in Ireland.

The only fault I can find is that unfortunately its now possible to watch "Tallafornia" on 3 player.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭SalteeDog

givecredit wrote: »

RTE Player, 3player BBC player and ITV player all working in Ireland.

Does BBC still require a UK proxy to be used?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

SalteeDog wrote: »
    Does BBC still require a UK proxy to be used?

No, BBC and ITV player do not require any extra UK proxy or vpn. Its all built into the plugin.

I have updated OnDemand file in first post. Bug in 3 Player fixed. Just off the telly programs now playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,582 ✭✭✭Zardoz

The only fault I can find is that unfortunately its now possible to watch "Tallafornia" on 3 player.
    Thats not a flaw,thats an advantage if anything.:D

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Zardoz wrote: »
    Thats not a flaw,thats an advantage if anything.:D
    You watch Tallafornia? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 almez

Cool plugin - I can't get any sound though on my Vu Plus Uno box running VIX (the latest). No sound from any source?

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭SalteeDog

Great plugin. BBC, ITV and RTE all work fine on my Vu+. TV3 does not (standalone plugin didn't work either) but I suspect that's due to the fact that TV3 player may be using a high bitrate encoding for which my download speed is too low. (~1Mb)

byte wrote: »
    You watch Tallafornia? :eek:
    No ,I misread the post ,I thought it said you cant watch Tallafornia .:o
    I'm allergic to reality tv .

almez wrote: »
    Cool plugin - I can't get any sound though on my Vu Plus Uno box running VIX (the latest). No sound from any source?

Give your receiver a full reboot.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭kevez

hi i cant get this to work on my duo i get it installed but when i select a tv show the screen goes black and the stream doesn't start.
    I'm running VIX 3.0 btw.
    Anyone any ideas?
    Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Have you rebooted after you installed the plugin?

How fast is your internet? I had to wait a few seconds before the video would start.

Have you tried all 4 - bbc, itv, tv3 and rte players with the same result?

recyclebin wrote: »
    Have you rebooted after you installed the plugin?

How fast is your internet? I had to wait a few seconds before the video would start.

Have you tried all 4 - bbc, itv, tv3 and rte players with the same result?

50 meg upc internet and yes i have tried all players and they all go black and i leave them for a couple of mins and they still dont start :confused:
    the rte and 3player worked fine on their own
    Would my box being a clone make a difference?

kevez wrote: »
    Would my box being a clone make a difference?

Probably.

I will post a version of this plugin that works in Non VIX images and other receivers later.

Here are versions of OnDemand for non VIX images. oe2 and oe1.6 images.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭fguinan

Excellent Plugin! Working perfectly on my Vu Ultimo with vix 3.0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Wisesmurf

Any plans on making it compatible with E2 HDMU for my Amiko Alien? or will it work as is?

Wisesmurf wrote: »
    Any plans on making it compatible with E2 HDMU for my Amiko Alien? or will it work as is?

This does not presently work on HDMU image. Do not try it. You will need to reflash if you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭John Dough

This does not presently work on HDMU image. Do not try it. You will need to reflash if you do.

The UK players work fine in Ireland with the correct dns addy on Freesat boxes so no need for plug ins etc.

For the RTE player the audio is out of sync. I have to put in an audio delay of -200ms to match the video to audio. Could this be put into any future plugin updates?

Pressing the red button on vu+ duo with Vix 3.0 causes the box to crash. Is there anything else I should look out for?

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rurs

Got this working on BH 1.7.8.

It seemed to install OK, but after reboot wasn't in green button plugin list. I then went into plugins via the main menu, an error popped up saying missing zlib or something.

Anyway, I went into packet management (it's down about 6 menu levels), found python-zlib, installed and rebooted. All good so far. Although the RTE player seems the slowest to browse, but I presume this is down to the coding on RTE's side.
    Here are versions of OnDemand for non VIX images. oe2 and oe1.6 images.

• Advertisement

Hi
    I got this to work on my duo i had to do a reflash of vix and install it as an ipk and it worked perfect first time.
    Have to say that its a great plugin, good work guys.
    Thanks
    Kev

• Registered Users Posts: 9,392 ✭✭✭irishgeo

All we need now is sky on demand :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

I have to say this is a damn clever plugin. It is working on Blackhole OE2.0.1. The addon is in the feeds.

Its very fast on BBC Player, fast forwardable etc. Dont tell anyone about it or it will be gone. How they got around the VPN requirements still has me puzzled.

Coming soon to OnDemand plugin: Channel 4 OD

This just gets better and better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

Trying to get this working on a Vu+solo v2 (running blackhole 1.7.9) but can't seem to get it to run.

Need to install manually. Either I've gone astray somewhere or the version I have is not compatible with BH. When I select plugins I get this on-screen message;

"Some plugins are not available:
    Extensions/OnDemand (No module named dns.resolver)"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

I've got an older version of blackhole on a dm800. Will it be worth risking it?

snaps wrote: »
    I've got an older version of blackhole on a dm800. Will it be worth risking it?
    I doubt it will work ,I think its only working on Vu receivers so far.
    I tried it on a Dm800 running Dream Elite Phoenix,it installed fine but didnt show up in the plugins.
    Tried it on a Dm800 running Open Pli and it didnt install properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rurs

Trying to get this working on a Vu+solo v2 (running blackhole 1.7.9) but can't seem to get it to run.

Need to install manually. Either I've gone astray somewhere or the version I have is not compatible with BH. When I select plugins I get this on-screen message;

"Some plugins are not available:
    Extensions/OnDemand (No module named dns.resolver)"

You are using the OE 1.6 version?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

rurs wrote: »
    You are using the OE 1.6 version?
    I'm running BlackHole 1.7.9 -> Build: Dec 6 2012-vuplus_experimental on a vu+ solo v2 clone.

Advertisement