Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vu+ duo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Zab wrote: »
    Yes
    cheers Zab,I tried it again there and it worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭SalteeDog

kevez wrote: »
    what is the name of the plugin for streaming channels to other boxes and does it have to be another duo or can it be any enigma 2 box? (sorry but thread is a bit long to search through to find it :P)

Going by memory it's 'remotestreamconvert'. It does not have to be another duo but it does have to be a box which is running an image that supports URL streaming. (PLI based images or Open alliance based images).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭The Bull

Hi All

I have a orginal Vu+ now for a few years and have limited skills on updateing images etc. I learned enough back then to flash a blackhole image and set up a DVB-T Wintv ministick tuner for saorview. The image I have set up is as follows:
    Blackhole Enigma: Apr 10 2011-VUplus_experimental
    Image: Experimental 2011-04-10.

I had the EPG set up to update from Rytec and also had CCcam 2.1.4 installed.
    Anyway the EPG has stopped updating and I am prob going to have to update my Image.
    My question is or questions :
    What Image would most of you recommend taking into account the following?
    • I would need the image to have a driver to run the third wintv ministick tuner for saorview.
    • I like the idea of havin the new auto updating satellite Bouquets
      on 28.2 astra
    • I see that the RTE player is now possible on enigma 2, this would be nice to have on the vu+
    • A steady image which give minimum problems,
    • I also have a hard drive in it but Id say thats not much bother to configure.
    Finally I am not sure wheather I will need to upgrade any firmware etc before flashing any current images. Since it has been a few years since I updated my Image. I not too sure how to do this so any help would be greatly appricated.

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭jolatacqce

@The Bull,I'm using a Vu+Duo with the same dvb-t stick for saorview,Iinstalled the RTE player and it's working perfectly on Blackhole 1.7.9,which is a very stable image and is installed with a usb stick.hope this helps you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭The Bull

jolatacqce wrote: »
    @The Bull,I'm using a Vu+Duo with the same dvb-t stick for saorview,Iinstalled the RTE player and it's working perfectly on Blackhole 1.7.9,which is a very stable image and is installed with a usb stick.hope this helps you.

Will I need to change my Drivers kernel to 3.1.1. I'm not sure what Driver Kernel I am currently running. Where can i see this information ?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭jolatacqce

If you go to the vu+forum,you'll find all the info. needed,or just google blackhole1.7.9 vu+

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

lads anybody know is there a plugin for the duo to mimic the sky blue/yellow buttons that +/- 24hrs position on the EPG ?

cheers

Stuxnet wrote: »
    lads anybody know is there a plugin for the duo to mimic the sky blue/yellow buttons that +/- 24hrs position on the EPG ?

cheers

In VIX 3.0 you can use the < and > buttons to do this if you're in the graphical EPG.

nice one, thanks for the tip :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dfdream

Lads Im in the market for a second DUO but see that alot of online retailers are out of stock for the DUO.
    Is there a DUO2 due or what...

I currently have 2 tvs connected to my DUO with CAT5 2 way extender but her in doors is sick of me changing the channel while she is watching something.

BTW - If anyone is interested in the HDMI extenders over single cat5 (1 and 2 way) I have them up on adverts....Click the adverts button under my name on the left hand side.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭swoofer

this is a good place

http://www.satshop.tv/VU-Duo-Twin

and yes new stuff out and more on the way, new item out is a solo2 and the next one is the ultimo2.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dfdream

You wont believe it I have just been on that site...
    Whats the opinion on them.

I actually was looking then at the gigablue quad.. thats a very good price.

They seem to €100 less than most. Are they genuine.

Id love to know peoples experience of this site...
    GBCULLEN wrote: »
    this is a good place

http://www.satshop.tv/VU-Duo-Twin

and yes new stuff out and more on the way, new item out is a solo2 and the next one is the ultimo2.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Last time I checked the Duo 2 is supposed to be out in February.When it comes out ,good chance you will be able to pick up a duo at a good price.
    I bought mine from satboxes and I was very happy with them.They have the duo from €311.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,392 ✭✭✭irishgeo

anyone know if USB 3.0 drives works on the vu solo cant get mine to pick up a 500gb drive i picked up today. using vix

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

dfdream wrote: »
    You wont believe it I have just been on that site...
    Whats the opinion on them.

I actually was looking then at the gigablue quad.. thats a very good price.

They seem to €100 less than most. Are they genuine.

Id love to know peoples experience of this site...

Zintek have them in stock, a mate of mine bought one of them yesterday with 500gb hard installed I think for €400 all in.

http://www.zintek.ie/receivers/network-receivers/vu-duo.html

lads, quickie...are there any other sats available to scan on a dish thats already aligned for 28.2 ! will be getting a larger dish soon for hotbird, but just want to fiddle with second tuner if i can

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 16,544 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Stuxnet wrote: »
    lads, quickie...are there any other sats available to scan on a dish thats already aligned for 28.2 ! will be getting a larger dish soon for hotbird, but just want to fiddle with second tuner if i can

thanks

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Greenpiece

Just picked up a Vu+ duo and had a couple of questions that the good members here may be able to assist me with.

1. Can I take out the HDD from my azbox and put it in and still retain previously recorded movies? I have been using enigma 2 on it to record.

2. As I now need two cables to feed both tuners I would prefer not to have to drop another cable. I see Inverto sell a "Unicable" LNB.
    Can this receiver be used with these LNB's ?

Has anybody used these and how do you set them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rurs

Greenpiece wrote: »
    Just picked up a Vu+ duo and had a couple of questions that the good members here may be able to assist me with.

1. Can I take out the HDD from my azbox and put it in and still retain previously recorded movies? I have been using enigma 2 on it to record.

2. As I now need two cables to feed both tuners I would prefer not to have to drop another cable. I see Inverto sell a "Unicable" LNB.
    Can this receiver be used with these LNB's ?

Has anybody used these and how do you set them up.

1. Probably, is it a SATA drive? Stick it in, then mount it (hdd/movie). You'll know then.

2. Don't think so. Have you a Terrestrial feed also? You could use a diplexer/ splitter on this to feed the second tuner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

I don't know what that is, but if it's a USB tuner it probably would work I'm guessing. Connect it. Go to plugins, choose one of the drivers on there (none of them have product names anyway). Install. Reboot. See if it works. You should probably remove each driver before trying another.

Or else someone else will be along to correct what I've said.

Hi Gunther, apologies on the delay in getting back to you. I only recently got internet access in my home...

Anyway, regarding getting my old CinergyT2 tuner working with the Vu...

When I browse to plugins>drivers I dont see any drivers for usb tuners. I do see one generic one (ill post the name later when I get home), and I installed that and rebooted. Doesnt seem to work (how do I check? i checked in tuners to see if there would be a 3rd tuner option but there was none).

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

fbradyirl wrote: »
    Hi Gunther, apologies on the delay in getting back to you. I only recently got internet access in my home...

Anyway, regarding getting my old CinergyT2 tuner working with the Vu...

When I browse to plugins>drivers I dont see any drivers for usb tuners. I do see one generic one (ill post the name later when I get home), and I installed that and rebooted. Doesnt seem to work (how do I check? i checked in tuners to see if there would be a 3rd tuner option but there was none).

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Should be a driver there for CinergyT2 I think - look at the name of each driver in turn - sometimes it's not obvious how they are named.

Note that an 'enigma restart' will drop the USB DTT tuner sticks - you need to do a full reboot after installing the drivers. Avoid enigma/GUI restarts unless you wish to drop the DTT tuner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

SalteeDog wrote: »
    Should be a driver there for CinergyT2 I think - look at the name of each driver in turn - sometimes it's not obvious how they are named.

Note that an 'enigma restart' will drop the USB DTT tuner sticks - you need to do a full reboot after installing the drivers. Avoid enigma/GUI restarts unless you wish to drop the DTT tuner.

Thanks, I found it online and got it installed by running

opkg install kernel-module-dvb-usb-cinergyt2

However when I reboot (init 6), no tuners are working (even the sat tuners). I just get an error on screen about 'check tuner configuration'. When I go into the Tuner settings screen all looks normal on tuner 1 and 2. Still no options to use or tune the CinergyT2 ;(

fbradyirl wrote: »
    Thanks, I found it online and got it installed by running

opkg install kernel-module-dvb-usb-cinergyt2

However when I reboot (init 6), no tuners are working (even the sat tuners). I just get an error on screen about 'check tuner configuration'. When I go into the Tuner settings screen all looks normal on tuner 1 and 2. Still no options to use or tune the CinergyT2 ;(

I was wrong..it's not included in the VIX packages. BLackhole may have it pre-installed if you want to try a different image or cannot get it to work with VIX.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭blank_screen

Hi guys,

I'm on Black Hole image and was wondering if anyone know what dvb-t usb stick works best with Vu+ Duo? Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭red bellied

Where is the best place online to get one of these, for price, support or if it needs returning?

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭brian_gall85

I got my Solo from this lot on ebay - http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Digital-Satellite-Receivers/Vu

Just seen the other day that they are out of stock of the DUO but are doing a good deal on the UNO with dual tuner, (higher spec box too)

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Mistmyr

I just got a Vu+ solo2 from http://www.ielektroniks.com

Best price iv seen around and when there was a slight delivery mixup (couriers fault)

They sorted it out fast by phone and emails....

Misty

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rurs

Hi guys,

I'm on Black Hole image and was wondering if anyone know what dvb-t usb stick works best with Vu+ Duo? Thanks in advance.

Sony Play TV is a good choice, dual tuners and lots available on ebay.co.uk, though you may need Parcel Motel to get delivery. I've had one running on BH for over a year (currently on 1.7.8), it's been much more reliable than the Afatech based one I used previously, though that may be down to driver improvements. I've only had two blank screens that I can recall in the last 6 months or so. So still not perfect, but getting there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

Where is the best place online to get one of these, for price, support or if it needs returning?

Got my duo here

http://satboxes.com/shop/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement