Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vu+ duo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,630 ✭✭✭✭banie01

iPwnage wrote: »
    thats sounds great, ill give you a shout soon !!

Not a bother mate!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Got Nova TD (twin tuner dtt) delivered today from Amazon, circa €60. installed on latest version of Vix, and downloaded Nova t plugin from plugin menu under dvb. Now have 2 DTT tuners, C and D. all working fine. Roll on channels appearing on Mux 2.

For anyone with a Nova T tuner already installed. You do not need new firmware. Just change Nova t for Nova TD, Rebout Duo and set tuner D to europe DTT and your good to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rurs

dnme wrote: »
    Has anyone any good recommendations for a .ts editor for editing the ads etc out of clips recorded on the VU+ Duo? I want something that is simple, i.e. I just want to cut and edit my ts files. Would also like it to be free if possible.

MpegStreamclip does a good job with Mpeg2 material, haven't had any luck getting it to work with Mpeg4 though, it just freezes.

If you're keeping the material on the vu+, use the cutlist editor built in to the menus. I found it a bit confusing at first, but now I'm used to it it's very quick and easy.

Tony wrote: »
    Is anyone else having trouble connecting to the Rytec epg server today ?

( i stopped using rytec myself. I use CrossEPG/openTV/ Sky UK 28.2 epg provider. Never had a problem with it)

Tony, i saw this on another forum:

Goto you epg setings page on your box and change the Epg.dat url to http://www.vuplus-community.net/rytec/uk/epg.dat.gz
    I'm using the Black Hole image and its Blue button,Red then choose SkyUk Rytec and ok.
    Hit red again to the settings menu and change the url to the one above.....this can be done via remote control.
    Dont forget to save and rescan for epg titles and your back to nomal

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Thanks for the info. I bit the bullet and upgraded to BH 1.6 which has solved the problem . It also now has cross epg , still not sure what this does but its working :-) I changed the image also to brushed ALu Hd which is nice although some of the button preses are different to the previous "Army" image that was pre loaded.

givecredit wrote: »
    ( i stopped using rytec myself. I use CrossEPG/openTV/ Sky UK 28.2 epg provider. Never had a problem with it)

Tony, i saw this on another forum:

Goto you epg setings page on your box and change the Epg.dat url to http://www.vuplus-community.net/rytec/uk/epg.dat.gz
    I'm using the Black Hole image and its Blue button,Red then choose SkyUk Rytec and ok.
    Hit red again to the settings menu and change the url to the one above.....this can be done via remote control.
    Dont forget to save and rescan for epg titles and your back to nomal

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stanley1

I tried Blackhole but found epg a total mess, program summaries keep disappearing from channel bouquets, same with rytec and crossepg.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 enonboy

Hi Folks....I have spent a considerable amount of time on all the forums sorting all the tutorials and implementing same to great effect.
    however,I appear to be at a dead end with respect to accessing my duo via remote access...all the tutorials I have looked at seem ok but none work for me....I have a zyxel router (old perlico sub)....just wondering if anyone out there had any issues origionally with their remote access setup and how did they sort it...any extra tutorials would help...thanks a million.

BTW-I posted on this forum a few weeks back about Irish DTT...I received the Nova T stick this morning and installed same this afternoon...its working perfect...one question here also,is there anyway that I can sort the DTT channels on this new tuner c...ie,RT1,RT2 TV3 TG4 etc...thanks again

enonboy wrote: »
    BTW-I posted on this forum a few weeks back about Irish DTT...I received the Nova T stick this morning and installed same this afternoon...its working perfect...one question here also,is there anyway that I can sort the DTT channels on this new tuner c...ie,RT1,RT2 TV3 TG4 etc...thanks again

I assume you have bouquets setup. And now you want to add the Irish DTT channels to your Entertainment Bouquet?

If yes, one method by using remote, while watching dtt channel, press top part of circle on remote, you should now see list of dtt channels, go to channel you want to move to bouquet, press menu, select "add service to bouquet" and add to entertainment or where ever yo want.

If you just want to reorder where they already are, do same as above, except instead of "add service to bouquet", select "enable move mode" and move/reorder what you want.

If you have not set up bouquet you really should do that now, i recommend silverfox0786.28e (20110301-r2) for starters if you are picking up uk/irish satellite. You can adjust to your liking later. You will find this under:
    Menu/plugins/press green/settings
    then rescan your dtt and add to bouquet as above.

..one question here also,is there anyway that I can sort the DTT channels on this new tuner c...ie,RT1,RT2 TV3 TG4 etc...thanks again

I use dreambox edit to create a custom channel list, you can have the channels in any order you want.

Tony wrote: »
    I use dreambox edit to create a custom channel list, you can have the channels in any order you want.

Yes, Dreamboxedit is a valuable tool. If you are familiar with it here are 2 channel lists for you to try:

One has just free channels on 28e including FTV ones.
    The second is Full Irish sky lineup with UK channels added. Also has DTT included for Cairn Hill transmitter, you can remove these and add your local transmitter.

• Advertisement

Thanks a million folks....will give the channels a go....Any folks out there know of a good tutorial for accessing the vu duo remotely.....this is the last bastion for me,I feel with all the help out there and a bit of time involved I have everything else sorted...thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭kierank01

Thanks a million folks....will give the channels a go....Any folks out there know of a good tutorial for accessing the vu duo remotely.....this is the last bastion for me,I feel with all the help out there and a bit of time involved I have everything else sorted...thanks

To be able to setup remote access from a device external to your network, you would have to setup some sort of port forwarding, and if you don't have a static IP address, something like dyndns.

Ive only got 3g on a mobile, so I can't really set it up.

Hi Folks.....two things that I would greatly appreciate help on..one is how do I delete 'markername' from the bouquets...I have no problem deleting a channel but the cursor does not highlight the 'markername' to delete same?

Secondly,I have a nova T for my Irish DTT channels,however sometimes when I want to record a DTT channel the screen and box locks up with a twirling VIX...only way around this is to reboot the box...anybody else encountered this out there?...I am using Vix 2.1.4.

Thanks for any help

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭cgc5483

Secondly,I have a nova T for my Irish DTT channels,however sometimes when I want to record a DTT channel the screen and box locks up with a twirling VIX...only way around this is to reboot the box...anybody else encountered this out there?...I am using Vix 2.1.4.

Thanks for any help

Have the exact same problem. Just got a nova T which i installed. Can watch the channels fine but when i try to pause all i get is the spinning VIX sign and a locked screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭RogerThis

I had to restart twice in the last two day with my Sundtek, using ViX 2.1.4. Slow spinning VIX.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Gipo3

Its the same with the nova t, really annoying. IMO the dtt sticks are not worth the hassle, roll on saorsat.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭VINNIEB

I also have been having problems with my Nova T stick, not worth the hassle imo.

Im using Vix 2.4, has anyone tried other images with the Nova T.

Looking twords a ka band lnb for soarsat and diseq switch, simpler setup.

Vinnie

I use BH 1.6 and i rarely have to re boot using the Volar DTT

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

VINNIEB wrote: »
    I also have been having problems with my Nova T stick, not worth the hassle imo.

Im using Vix 2.4, has anyone tried other images with the Nova T.

Looking twords a ka band lnb for soarsat and diseq switch, simpler setup.

Vinnie

There's a VIX 2.4?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭jgc115

Well I have a Sundtek also and Vix 2.1.4 and I never have to re boot or get a spinning Vix accessing DTT or SAT.

The only time I see a spinning Vix is when I havnt accessed my hdd for a while and when I do it takes a few seconds for it to spin up from sleep mode.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stanley1

nova-t is working without issues in latest pli, gave up on vix 2.1.4 as it appears to be very buggy with dtt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

I'm starting to think I might try a different image to see if my nova-t will work better with it. I don't know much about these things, and have been using VIX since it got such good comments here. But I'm finding it very hard to get usable instructions to do what I want with the VIX (e.g. troubleshoot my nova-t) and have just had a first look at the openpli page.

This page is http://www.pli-images.org/modules/wiki/index.php?wakka=vuplus about a million times more n00b friendly than all the previous trawling through forums that I've been doing for VIX. Plus, I've gotten quite frustrated of late with the media player on VIX, either it's very hard and non-obvious how to use it, or else I'm too stupid for it.

Either way - think it's time to give Openpli a shot!

Would anyone care to share channel list containing only the free channels on 28.2E & the Irish channels on nova-t. I'm near 3 rock, but can probably figure out small changes to customise that.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I've pretty much given up on the Nova-T, unless I really need to watch something. When I do need to use it, I've to reboot the box, and Nova will work fine a few hours.

If OpenPLi apparently works fine on the Nova, you'd think VIX would work too, if it's based on the OpenPLi code. There's possibly an incompatible plugin or two causing havoc? I'm not too savvy on these things.

I'm tempted to return to OpenPLi, or risk BH (is that as user friendly as OpenPLi or VIX?) - worried I'd have to redo all my channels/picons etc. UGH!

You dont have to re do all your channels just save the list using dreamboxedit and re load when you are done . BH is not the total answer to DTT its just less re boots than previous firmware I've tried. I have a really nice brushedalu skin now and everything is very user friendly IMHO

byte wrote: »
    I've pretty much given up on the Nova-T, unless I really need to watch something. When I do need to use it, I've to reboot the box, and Nova will work fine a few hours.

If OpenPLi apparently works fine on the Nova, you'd think VIX would work too, if it's based on the OpenPLi code. There's possibly an incompatible plugin or two causing havoc? I'm not too savvy on these things.

I'm tempted to return to OpenPLi, or risk BH (is that as user friendly as OpenPLi or VIX?) - worried I'd have to redo all my channels/picons etc. UGH!

byte wrote: »

I too use Nove T on vix2.14. No problems at all. Works like a dream. Maybe you should strip down any plugins you have installed to see if that sorts your problem. The only pluggins i have installed is partnership box and a web radio pluggin whose name i cannot remember.
    There is a new version of Vix in final testing phase. It maybe worth your while waiting for this before you take on pli or BH.

I have the problem and no additional plugins.

Gipo3 wrote: »
    I have the problem and no additional plugins.

Are you using latest version of VIX?
    have you a swap file created?
    Have you checked your dtt signal?

Have you tried the Nova T in a laptop or pc to see if it runs fine there for a week or so, eliminating reception problems and hardware problem with Nova T.?

Yes, latest version
    No, swapfile
    Signal fine.

Many people are having the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭VINNIEB

I`m going to hold off changing image for now, there is a new VIX image coming soon according to W-O-S.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/forumdisplay.php?156-ViX-Team-Duo-Image-Talk

Hopefully this cures the Nova-T problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Gunther_Gloop

I never adjusted for the BBC HD changeover... what's the best/ easiest way to do this on the Duo? Should I just retune? Will this affect timers and auto-timers?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement