Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vu+ duo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,485 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Folks, After some clarification from PLI regarding their stance on the VIX image and its use of their code.
    I decided to to jump back in with VIX,but having a few strange issues.
    On 2.0.3 everything runs sweet as a nut(Not using DVB-T currently) no issues at all all menu's and channel changes near instantaneous. :)
    However when I update to VIX 2.1 My box becomes very, very laggy!!!
    Spinning VIX icons on the menu's, EPG very slow, Remote control response terrible just a generally for slow interface.
    I'm happy enough to stick with 2.0.3 but am just wondering is anyone encountering similar problems?

P.S Only real difference to stock install is that I'm running IrishChris's retro skin rather than default, but again flawless on 2.0.3 and slow as molasses on 2.1!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

dnme wrote: »
    Neither, after a ton of web searching, I am as lot as ever. I dont know how to create a config file, what to put in it or where to place it for the VU+ Duo . Is there anyway someone could post this information?

Here are the config files ... extract and place these in var/tuxbox

you my have to chmod them to 755

http://uploading.com/files/56m7c89c/tuxbox.zip/

How you configure them is now dependent on what you want to do and maybe outside the realm of allowed discussion here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

Robxxx7 wrote: »
    Here are the config files ... extract and place these in var/tuxbox

you my have to chmod them to 755

http://uploading.com/files/56m7c89c/tuxbox.zip/

How you configure them is now dependent on what you want to do and maybe outside the realm of allowed discussion here

I copied those files to /etc/turbox/config
    I was then able to start and autostart oscam. But when I go to view Pick TV, its still blank. I give up, nothing is worth this kind of hassle. Many thanks again anyway.

Are you sure its a linux box you should have ? and not a sky box ...

You need to configure the files, i don't know if you are trying to use a sky card in your box or alternative method .... either way the config files need configuring just like any other cam .. ahve a look in Oscam.server file there are some examples within it ... but again the config depends on what you are trying to do

Are you sure its a linux box you should have ? and not a sky box ...

You need to configure the files, i don't know if you are trying to use a sky card in your box or alternative method .... either way the config files need configuring just like any other cam .. ahve a look in Oscam.server file there are some examples within it ... but again the config depends on what you are trying to do

I am using a VU+ Duo, I have a Sky FTV card, I am just trying to enable Pick TV (formerly Sky 3).......thats what I'm trying to do. There are no examples in the oscam server file you provided.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,485 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I'm not sure if the newer versions of Oscam set up the same but try this
    http://linuxsat-shares.com/oscam-configs-all-packages/3271-how-install-cccam-oscam-sky-uk.html
    And remember to set your boxkey ;)
    Modify the files to suit your setup not just copy and paste ;)

Hi again guys,

No matter what I try, it will not work. My box id in my CCCam.cfg file is /dev/sci0 nn nn nn nn so I have tried this in the oscam.server file, I also tried just nn nn nn nn.

No good, and also I notice that when I do activate oscam, I loose other channels such as 5*, 5 USA, Channel 5/HD etc

i would remove your boxid from a public forum ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

vuplus site is back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Is there anywhere I can find out how to install?

you need to edit your configs

ln var/tuxbox/config

unzip the file below

put these 3 files ln var/tuxbox/config
    - oscam.conf
    - oscam.user
    - oscam.server

put your boxkey in oscam server file

looks like this

boxid = yourboxid

put this in cccam cfg

N: 127.0.0.1 12000 test1 test2 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 256

restart oscam

thats it

you can log in to oscam via browser

DM IP http://192.168.X.X:8888

[webif]
    httpport = 8888
    httpuser = admin
    httppwd = admin

DMNE your boxkey is just your 8 n's (no spaces, all CAP)

• Advertisement

givecredit wrote: »
    put this in cccam cfg

Why use CCcam.cfg? Where do I put it? Does box key need to go in CCcam.cfg also? (as it does if we were using CCcam) ?

Why use CCcam.cfg? Where do I put it? Does box key need to go in CCcam.cfg also? (as it does if we were using CCcam) ?

1. Because it works.(You need both cccam and oscam)
    2. Var/etc etc, same place as you always would have put cccam.cfg
    3. No, just where i stated above.

I have placed cccam.cfg in /etc
    I tried it with the following text

I edited the file oscam.server with boxid = nnnnnnnn. In my case I am getting my boxid from my old cccam.cfg. It is a set of four 2 digit numbers (lets say 12 34 56 78) so I edit the file to read boxid = 12345678.

I then put the three files oscam.conf, oscam.server and oscam.user in /etc/turbox/config

Press blue.
    Into softcam manager
    Start oscam 1.00.3199

Nothing! No Channel 5, No 5 Usa, No Pick TV etc etc.

What am I doing wrong?

I have placed cccam.cfg in /etc
    I tried it with the following text

I edited the file oscam.server with boxid = nnnnnnnn. In my case I am getting my boxid from my old cccam.cfg. It is a set of four 2 digit numbers (lets say 12 34 56 78) so I edit the file to read boxid = 12345678.

I then put the three files oscam.conf, oscam.server and oscam.user in /etc/turbox/config

Press blue.
    Into softcam manager
    Start oscam 1.00.3199

Nothing! No Channel 5, No 5 Usa, No Pick TV etc etc.

What am I doing wrong?

All of above looks correct, except you need to use cccam as softcam, not oscam, Oscam acts as the card server within your receiver, but cccam is the softcam. Hope this make sence. I too made your mistake many times until i figured out what i was doing wrong. Turn on cccam..

Three files should be in var/tuxbox/config

All of above looks correct, except you need to use cccam as softcam, not oscam, Oscam acts as the card server within your receiver, but cccam is the softcam. Hope this make sence. I too made your mistake many times until i figured out what i was doing wrong. Turn on cccam..

Three files should be in var/tuxbox/config

Do I turn on oscam AND cccam ? or just cccam?

Edit: Just tried both ways, still no Pick TV

Do I turn on oscam AND cccam ? or just cccam?

Just cccam as softcam and oscam as server.
    Make sure the 3 files i uploaded are installed in location I gave you. These 3 are configured for your needs. (Sky Free to view card). Other oscam files may not as they may not be configured to work with ftv card and cccam.

(edited after post below, which points out my error)

Using cccam 2.1.4, I wonder should I try a different version? Also, how does oscam work at all if I am not even starting it? I'm a bit confused by that.

I'm a bit confused by that.

My fault. Both. cccam on as softcam, oscam on as server. Not sure about 2.14.

My fault. Both. cccam on as softcam, oscam on as server. Not sure about 2.14.

Sorry about all the questions, how do I start oscam "as server" ?

When I press blue, go into softcam manager, I have 2 installed. oscam and cccam. I can either start or stop them. no mention of client or server.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Thinking of buying one of these,
    Did I read somewhere on here that they will pick up DTT here? how are you managing that?

Thanks

• Advertisement

yop wrote: »
    Thinking of buying one of these,
    Did I read somewhere on here that they will pick up DTT here? how are you managing that?

Thanks

You purchase a USB DTT dongle. Supported models include Sundtek and Nova-T. With these devices, you can then install the Vix 2.x firmware image onto the VU+ Duo. Then install the plugin driver for your USB DTT device and voila, you now have a DTT tuner that you can tune. This site is the place for all things to do with this STB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭stanley1

world of sat site is down again

Just cccam as softcam and oscam as server.
    Make sure the 3 files i uploaded are installed in location I gave you. These 3 are configured for your needs. (Sky Free to view card). Other oscam files may not as they may not be configured to work with ftv card and cccam.

(edited after post below, which points out my error)

Wrong ... OScam will work on its own and will read the card ... no need for CCcam to read the sky ftv card as Oscam will do this without the need of CCcam.

You can of course use OScam as the reader and then send it to CCcam to distribute but thats not whats being talked about here and its against the rules.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

You purchase a USB DTT dongle. Supported models include Sundtek and Nova-T. With these devices, you can then install the Vix 2.x firmware image onto the VU+ Duo. Then install the plugin driver for your USB DTT device and voila, you now have a DTT tuner that you can tune. This site is the place for all things to do with this STB

Sweet job, thanks for that. I have had a Technomate 1500CI for the last 5 years but I think its run its course, this box with that USB dongle sounds A1.

Thanks

or the Clarke-Tech ET9000 which has more memory, better specs for around the same money

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dfdream

or the Clarke-Tech ET9000 which has more memory, better specs for around the same money

Is it the same DTT sticks supported in the Clarke-Tech ET9000 ?

D

It will again depend on what image you use, different sticks are supported by different image makers .... but there is very little difference between the firmware for VU DUO and ET9000 in essence

Wrong ... OScam will work on its own and will read the card

Again I am wondering how, what do I need to do?

its against the rules.

Thought as much. That why I removed link to file last night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭stanley1

dfdream wrote: »
    Is it the same DTT sticks supported in the Clarke-Tech ET9000 ?

D

DTT is not really there yet with et9000, nova-t has perfect pq but sound keeps dropping, don't know if the sundtek is working or not.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement