Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vu+ duo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭stanley1

most of the developers are england based so saorview (mpeg4) is not a priority.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

Using Vix 2.1, Nova-T USB device - Is anyone elses RTE2 gone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

stanley1 wrote: »
    most of the developers are england based so saorview (mpeg4) is not a priority.

Hi stanley1, doesn't the box do the processing so that doesn't come into it?
    I think (reading about drivers for this stick on linux sat boxes) that it is an awkward one to get right, it seems to be a temperamental little sucker!
    I bought it cos it was a)cheap and b) one of only two i think to work on the old images pre-VIX

It did appear as Tuner C between reboots once, so it could be some hope for the few of us with these sticks.

I'm going to try PLI2 to see if it works on that later

PS I've left a message on the vix forum but no reply as yet

dnme wrote: »
    Using Vix 2.1, Nova-T USB device - Is anyone elses RTE2 gone?

fine here on three rock.(738000)

gambiaman wrote: »
    Hi stanley1, doesn't the box do the processing so that doesn't come into it?
    I think (reading about drivers for this stick on linux sat boxes) that it is an awkward one to get right, it seems to be a temperamental little sucker!
    I bought it cos it was a)cheap and b) one of only two i think to work on the old images pre-VIX

It did appear as Tuner C between reboots once, so it could be some hope for the few of us with these sticks.

I'm going to try PLI2 to see if it works on that later

PS I've left a message on the vix forum but no reply as yet

Yes, I'm afraid most people have given up on that stick, the sundtek media pro is the best option as drivers are being costantly developed, send irishchris a pm, he is part of the vix beta tester team and is very knowledgeable on usb sticks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dfdream

All,

I updated to Vix 2.1 yesterday and did several tests on the NOVA-T to see if the issues I was having were still there.

So far so good did 6-7 sets of multiple recordings and so far none of the old issues. (Black channels or all DVB-t Channels or pixeling.)

I will test for the rest of the week and report back...

I think there are new drivers on the nova-t in this image so heres hoping.

BTW - RTE2 HD is fine. Recorded 9-10 programs off it in last 24 hours to test.

D

My rte2 is just blank (truskmore 730000). The temporary channel (rte2 hd) is fine. weird! (yes I have tried retuning)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

My rte2 is just blank (truskmore 730000). The temporary channel (rte2 hd) is fine. weird! (yes I have tried retuning)

The RTE2HD channel is not the temporary channel. This is the main rte2 channel. The sd version of rte 2 is the temporary one. So you are receiving the correct one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭irishchris

tune to a dtt channel that is working for you {eg rte one} and do a full hard reboot - deep standby/power off switch/wait 30 secs/ power back on. when it reboots go to rte 2 and see if is ok.

irishchris wrote: »
    tune to a dtt channel that is working for you {eg rte one} and do a full hard reboot - deep standby/power off switch/wait 30 secs/ power back on. when it reboots go to rte 2 and see if is ok.

Tried, no good.
    Also have no CCCam since 2.1. No Pick-TV channel with Sky FTV card. (yes I have everything setup correctly, tried CCCam 2.2.1 and 2.2.4)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Tried, no good.
    Also have no CCCam since 2.1. No Pick-TV channel with Sky FTV card. (yes I have everything setup correctly, tried CCCam 2.2.1 and 2.2.4)

Oscam's a better bet :rolleyes: There are issues with CCcam

Robxxx7 wrote: »
    Oscam's a better bet :rolleyes: There are issues with CCcam

Is there anywhere I can find out how to install?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

irishchris, have posted about the avermedia volar black hd driver in plugins fo vix2.1 not working (I got it once before a reboot, after it was gone) on here and on the vuplus forums but no reply over there about it at all.

just wondering what else I can do to get it working or is it broken?

Thanks

Is there anywhere I can find out how to install?
    Oscam will install the same as any other cam ... Just look around google for a mipsel version (ipk) and put it in /tmp then use your IPK installer to install it or telnet into your box and do a ipkg install.

I can confirm that Oscam works with the VU DUO and in particular this PICK channel

Oscam will install the same as any other cam ... Just look around google for a mipsel version (ipk) and put it in /tmp then use your IPK installer to install it or telnet into your box and do a ipkg install.

I can confirm that Oscam works with the VU DUO and in particular this PICK channel

What about cfg files?
    Does Vix provide an interface for starting / auto starting oscam?

don't use vix

All the config files should be in var/tuxbox/config if i remember correctly

don't use vix

All the config files should be in var/tuxbox/config if i remember correctly

Dont use Vix at all or dont use vix for cam control?
    Also are the cfg files the same as those for cccam content wise?

Don't use vix at all

The config files for oscam are different to CCcam, it all depends on whether you want to read your card or other things.
    But Oscam.server file will probably deal with most that you need

Don't use vix at all

The config files for oscam are different to CCcam, it all depends on whether you want to read your card or other things.
    But Oscam.server file will probably deal with most that you need

Ah, cul de sac. Thanks for your input but I am remaining with Vix.

no cul de sac ... remain with Vix, but you can still use OScam ... remember its a linux box and the image doesn't totally control what you can do with it

• Advertisement

Anyone have any issues connecting to Vix Web site.
    All other web sites are fine...
    Is the IP address in the DNS below OK.

www.world-of-satellite.com

ping www.world-of-satellite.com

Pinging www.world-of-satellite.com [178.162.185.236] with 32 bytes of data:
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 178.162.185.236:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

D

Perhaps they have has a fire in the shop :D

Oh that was someone else :rolleyes:

been down since yesterday morning.

I have to say 4 days in on VIX 2.1 and the NOVA-T has worked flawlessly.

I have recorded (to test) about 60-70 programs to see if I can break the nova-t and Im glad to say I cant.

There is a little longer delay switching to DVB-T channel but they all play fine all of the time.

I even did recordings of 5 dvb-t channels and it worked perfectly.

Well done to Chris and the lads for their work (not forgeting VU and PLi).

Update on http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/

WORLD-OF-SATELLITE.COM FORUM AND VIX TEAM SERVER IS CURRENTLY DOWN DUE TO A NETWORK OUTAGE AT THE DATA CENTRE. FORUM WILL BE BACK AS SOON AS PHYSICALLY POSSIBLE!

D

dfdream wrote: »
    All,

I updated to Vix 2.1 yesterday and did several tests on the NOVA-T to see if the issues I was having were still there.

So far so good did 6-7 sets of multiple recordings and so far none of the old issues. (Black channels or all DVB-t Channels or pixeling.)

I will test for the rest of the week and report back...

I think there are new drivers on the nova-t in this image so heres hoping.

BTW - RTE2 HD is fine. Recorded 9-10 programs off it in last 24 hours to test.

D

no cul de sac ... remain with Vix, but you can still use OScam ... remember its a linux box and the image doesn't totally control what you can do with it

I'm completely lost now, but thanks for your help. I'll live without Sky3 for now.

I'm completely lost now, but thanks for your help. I'll live without Sky3 for now.

ok here's a link to the file you require
    http://uploading.com/files/516876b2/enigma2-plugin-cams-oscam.1.00.3199_1.0-r2_mipsel.ipk/

FTP the .ipk file to /tmp folder then press the blue button on remote to install using the IPK installer in the VIX Menu

and voila ....

Not sure if i'm allowed to give an upload link ..if not then mods please remove

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭shakel

If then oscam does not appear in the SoftCam menu, you'll need to copy the oscam binary to /usr/softcam using telnet/ssh
    Then you can use the ViX SoftCam menu to get it to start/autostart.

Not sure where the binary will be located but if you do an "ls -ltr" on /usr/bin or /usr/sbin you will more than likely find it there...
    The ipk install progress might tell you also.

No idea how to config oscam though....

Rob

Many thanks again, I installed but when I try to activate it wants a cfg file. You mentioned earlier an oscam server file. Is that the config file? if so where is it? can I copy it to /etc/turbox/config?

i'm not sure if the oscam config files are part of that link i gave .. but on your box they should appear in either var/oscam or var/tuxbox (can't remember exactly)

• Advertisement

i'm not sure if the oscam config files are part of that link i gave .. but on your box they should appear in either var/oscam or var/tuxbox (can't remember exactly)

Neither, after a ton of web searching, I am as lot as ever. I dont know how to create a config file, what to put in it or where to place it for the VU+ Duo . Is there anyway someone could post this information?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement