Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apps for iPhone / iPod touch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

iBanksy free as well today. Cool little app.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

CombatCow wrote: »

Tried it there, it's excellent fun! Bit like angry birds, but with guns, ricocheting bullets, and zombies! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Stupid zombies is a great game, been playing for months!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Sea Stars is now free, its a cute little game with similar gameplay style to jeptpack joyride or tiny wings I guess... I paid .79 for it last week :rolleyes:

mzl.uksaosrj.320x480-75.jpg

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sea-stars/id465123320?mt=8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

free game code from the app store facebook fan page.

http://www.facebook.com/AppStore

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭muff03

anyone had a go of this yet?

Coderunner

Would be good if enough were playing in an area. I'm in new york so I'm gonna give it a go and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 hawesome145

maybe this is mentioned already, didnt have the patience to go through 127 pages but I recommend filmon plus, you can watch tonnes of TV stations on your i-device (think about 120), including pretty much all the free to air British stations. Only works over Wifi though only drawback but very handy on buses / trains with wifi. Also go to www.aertv.ie and install it as a web app, you have all the irish stations then. Oh and 4od is now on iphone/ ipad too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Keano!

If it hasn't already been mentioned... Temple Runner..... bloody addictive and fun!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭vinnycoyne

I'm normally pessimistic about new social networks, but Path's app is so well-designed that it's worth checking out: https://path.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭PapaQuebec

maybe this is mentioned already, didnt have the patience to go through 127 pages but I recommend filmon plus, you can watch tonnes of TV stations on your i-device (think about 120), including pretty much all the free to air British stations. Only works over Wifi though only drawback but very handy on buses / trains with wifi. Also go to www.aertv.ie and install it as a web app, you have all the irish stations then. Oh and 4od is now on iphone/ ipad too.

Installed FilmOn but all UK chennels (except Ch5) seem permanently unavailable!

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭smndly

The Sims Medieval is free today!

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

PapaQuebec wrote: »
    Installed FilmOn but all UK chennels (except Ch5) seem permanently unavailable!

I've just checked mine now and any channel that I clicked on was available, maybe you should delete it and reinstall it, the version I'm using is FilmOnPlus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

Need For Speed Shift is free for today.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭pogsick

Modern War free for today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Any sign of the RTE player app been released soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Cotts

the 2011 advent calender app os out again,only giving free apps so far,none worth downloading

Aquos76 wrote: »
    I've just checked mine now and any channel that I clicked on was available, maybe you should delete it and reinstall it, the version I'm using is FilmOnPlus

Most channels appear to be available on my office WiFi network (Magnet 24mbps) but none are available on my local bar's WiFi (Imagine 5mbps) I think the speed of the Imagine network is high enough, but maybe Imagine are blocking FilmOn!

Most channels appear to be available on my office WiFi network (Magnet 24mbps) but none are available on my local bar's WiFi (Imagine 5mbps) I think the speed of the Imagine network is high enough, but maybe Imagine are blocking FilmOn!

Just to add, I just looked at iTunes and cant find any mention of "FilmOn Plus"

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭pbarr

I only have a 3mb connection and it works fine on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭pbarr

Just to add, I just looked at iTunes and cant find any mention of "FilmOn Plus"

Just search the app store for Filmon. You can only see that its FilmOn Plus from the icon on your Iphone or Ipad after you install it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Cool app in AppStore called media burner. Download music videos for off line watching or just stream. Works on 3G too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭ColSheehan

Need for Speed Undercover is free today :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

What's the google app called whereby you can take a picture of a building or whatever and it will tell you the details.

Also, if you take a picture of, say, a street sign in a foreign country, it will translate it for you.

What's it called?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Harcrid

Google translate?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Check out Flipboard - released for iPhone today.
    Fantastic app for iPad - now on iPhone

• Registered Users Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

kraggy wrote: »
    What's the google app called whereby you can take a picture of a building or whatever and it will tell you the details.
    its just called Google. Can search by taking a picture (or by voice or typing)
    Also, if you take a picture of, say, a street sign in a foreign country, it will translate it for you.

What's it called?

I think thats a different app. Google translate is great but it doesn't do pictures

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Whiskey in the Jar

it's quite long thread for reading, so I'll ask for some help, so far I've downloaded sbssettings, gridlock ,battery doctor, backgrounder, iblacklist, bitesms, callcleaner, whatsapp , google+, facebook, foursquare, viber, skype, PlaceMyFace is quite fun, I've also downloaded ihuka and hookah shisha simulator since I'm hookah addicted , photoshop express and adobe reader
    games - fruit ninja
    others?
    (my phone is jailbroken, i prefer free ones:) )

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭muff03

keith_d99 wrote: »
    Check out Flipboard - released for iPhone today.
    Fantastic app for iPad - now on iPhone

Servers must be getting absolutely hammered today, especially since America woke up! Not working at all. Great app though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Looks like FilmOn have lost the UK channels

Advertisement