Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apps for iPhone / iPod touch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Wetai

FlashLaunch seems to not be available for the Irish store :/ (I know it's easy enough to get a US account + switch, but meh).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

LiamN wrote: »
    FlashLaunch seems to not be available for the Irish store :/ (I know it's easy enough to get a US account + switch, but meh).

It was there this morning but they probably removed it temporarily to change the pricing. It was supposed to be free for just a few hours, and I'm guessing they had to update it back to the original price and should be back in the store when it's ready (or something). I've seen this happen before with other apps so I'm assuming it's a similar situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Free ringtones

Called DYSoftware
    No 24 at the moment in the free apps
    Some good ringtones on there.
    The max you are allowed to d/load is 10 BUT synch the 10 in ITunes, delete the app, go back and reinstall it for another 10 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

40% off Rockstar games in the AppStore, including Grand Theft Auto III for just €2.39! :) And lots of games currently reduced to €0.79, including Fifa 12, Backstab, Sonic 4 Ep I and Real Racing 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭CricketDude

Hullomail - Free visual voice mail for the iPhone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭soundsham

live sport on tv ........handy free app to remind you of upcoming sporting events on tv
    lists sport on various channels for the week
    you can mark any item and it is then put into your iphone calendar so you can be alerted a few mins before kickoff.

i find it useful especially if something is on a channel you dont normally tend to watch, maybe itv today for utd/city or midweek channel 5,and the rugby is all over the channels
    not going to blow your mind but useful when theres so much crap sport on so you dont miss something you really want to see,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Any free app for looking at the stars in the sky?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

STIG83 wrote: »
    Not free but theres one in the top 25 paid apps at the minute called The Night Sky for 79c, has some really good reviews on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

"Planets" shows the night sky and is free. While it is mainly focused on the planets, it shows the main stars that are visible as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,913 ✭✭✭leakyboots

FilmOn Plus now available over 3G with its latest update

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭El Inho

leakyboots wrote: »
    FilmOn Plus now available over 3G with its latest update

fillmonplus is amazing! no idea how its allowed but wont complain!

that paired with skygo on the parents sky account gives me dave and sky sports...what more could a man ask for!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

filmon plus is incredible.! can ye get hdmi or outlet apps for iphone? thatd be cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Does any one know of any app that writes text in different fonts as you type it? So that it looks like an animation of a hand / brush / pen writing while you're typing text?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Keano!

where do i get filmon plus? i hav filmon free....

whats the difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

live sport on tv ........handy free app to remind you of upcoming sporting events on tv
    lists sport on various channels for the week
    you can mark any item and it is then put into your iphone calendar so you can be alerted a few mins before kickoff.

i find it useful especially if something is on a channel you dont normally tend to watch, maybe itv today for utd/city or midweek channel 5,and the rugby is all over the channels
    not going to blow your mind but useful when theres so much crap sport on so you dont miss something you really want to see,

Used to be good but has gone to the dogs over the last few months, doesn't list a lot of matches that are on tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭loinnsigh

Pocket Universe is great on the iPhone - not free (79c) but worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Used imap my walk today, it was great! For anyone who runs, cycles or walks you start it when you begin, leave the app on and then just end it when you end your walk. It tells you how far you walked, how long etc. It also has a calorie tracker and weight tracker on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭soundsham

AppsGoneFree
    Any apps reduced to free for the day are available here every day

• Registered Users Posts: 10,478 ✭✭✭✭guil

Just noticed aib have released an app

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

guil wrote: »
    Just noticed aib have released an app

Yup it's handy alright

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Yeah, I downloaded the AIB app yesterday, seems pretty good but I only really want it to check my balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭loinnsigh

lizt wrote: »
    Used imap my walk today, it was great! For anyone who runs, cycles or walks you start it when you begin, leave the app on and then just end it when you end your walk. It tells you how far you walked, how long etc. It also has a calorie tracker and weight tracker on it.
    Another good (and free) one like this is Runkeeper. I use it for running and for cycling - does a great job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

loinnsigh wrote: »
    Another good (and free) one like this is Runkeeper. I use it for running and for cycling - does a great job.

+1 for runkeeper

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

soundsham wrote: »
    AppsGoneFree
    Very good app. I've gotten a few decent apps for free from here, some of them costing a fair bit usually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

PicGarage is a handy image hosting app,especially for message boards like this.
    I've never been able to embed images here straight from the phone as most apps and sites don't give the direct link you need for a forum.
    This gets your pictures uploaded and embedded in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

soundsham wrote: »
    AppsGoneFree

Very good app. Is there any way to change your country in this

• Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭dinneenp

sunday times has 'Top 500 App list', part 1 was yesterday, part 2 next Sunday.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

dinneenp wrote: »
    sunday times has 'Top 500 App list', part 1 was yesterday, part 2 next Sunday.

Anyone fancy posting up the list? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

FFM is free today! (Fantasy Football Manager)
    Free on ipad & iphone,was €2.99 or €3.99 on ipad i think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Anyone fancy posting up the list? :o

I don't have a link but I found the list quite disappointing. It included facebook and a whole load of apps about wine and restaurants and shopping etc. There was a games page that rated angry birds highly and a photog page that didnt have anything terribly new. The mentioned Instagram etc.
    Nothing novel leapt out at me anyway.

Advertisement