Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apps for iPhone / iPod touch

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

keith_d99 wrote: »
    Looks like FilmOn have lost the UK channels

Just tested BBC and Channel 4 and working for me on UPC wifi, also tested on 3G using 3G Unrestrictor on jailbroken phone on O2 network also works for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭pbarr

Fine here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭turnsoutIwas

Looks like FilmOn have lost the UK channels

Working fine here on 3.

Have you tried turning it off and back on again?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭keith_d99

False alarm lads - had an American ip (work wifi) - all good when I checked again at home!

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭smndly

Zombie Gunship is free for a limited time! Great craic!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Babbar

False alarm lads - had an American ip (work wifi) - all good when I checked again at home!

I have a burning question. I watched british channels on FilmOn yesterday and the day before without any problem. I have not paid for subscription. I raced home from uni today to watch QI on BBC Two and I have NO british channels, all I can do is watch them for a minute and then it's off. 90% of the other channels that had the FREE yellow button next to them are now available after paying only.

Do all of you pay for FilmOn ar are the channels free in your case?

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭pogsick

Babbar wrote: »
    I have a burning question. I watched british channels on FilmOn yesterday and the day before without any problem. I have not paid for subscription. I raced home from uni today to watch QI on BBC Two and I have NO british channels, all I can do is watch them for a minute and then it's off. 90% of the other channels that had the FREE yellow button next to them are now available after paying only.

Do all of you pay for FilmOn ar are the channels free in your case?

got mine free a few weeks ago:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭craftypaddy

try updating the app, film on plus is the newer version with a lot more channels, motd is on now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

There’s a note in the App Store from the FilmOn developers telling people not to download the 1.0.4 update - I’m guessing once they’ve released it, they can’t recall it. They’ve been snowed with complaints about the update crashing the app and are advising users to wait until the 1.0.5 update.

Thanks for the responses!
    If I do download through iTunes (i've been watching thru filmon site this far), can I view it there instead of on iphone/ipad? I'd prefer watching on my PC.

I still have reservations about Filmon, I'm afraid I'll DL and get a e-mail afterwards urging me to pay for as much as i used thus far. Something about them just seems... dodgy to me. Or maybe too good to be true, all those UK channels free in HD...?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

Thanks for the responses!
    If I do download through iTunes (i've been watching thru filmon site this far), can I view it there instead of on iphone/ipad? I'd prefer watching on my PC.

I still have reservations about Filmon, I'm afraid I'll DL and get a e-mail afterwards urging me to pay for as much as i used thus far. Something about them just seems... dodgy to me. Or maybe too good to be true, all those UK channels free in HD...?

Its free.
    If you had to pay for it they'd want credit card details in advance,like everything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭ste551

Hi

Is there an app to find out the number of a blocked call to your phone?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭PapaQuebec

Seems that FilmOn has vanished from the iTunes store!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭franciec

Asphalt 6 is free as well today

FilmOn (v1.0.6) is now back up in the app store.

I'd like to renew my question... Is it possible to run an app (Filmon in my case) in iTunes? I would REALLY appreciate any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

FilmOn (v1.0.6) is now back up in the app store.

I'd like to renew my question... Is it possible to run an app (Filmon in my case) in iTunes? I would REALLY appreciate any help.

No

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

How do you know when the decent apps are free?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭BrianJD

Bob Z wrote: »
    How do you know when the decent apps are free?

I follow this thread :P

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭pogsick

BrianJD wrote: »
    I follow this thread :P

I get most of the good apps from this thread also, dont think there's an app to beat it tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Wetai

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

appshopper is very good, you can create a wishlist and it will email you when they have price drops, also you can check by popular and recent price changes, picked up a good few bargains there lately. Works for phone and ipad

appshopper is very good, you can create a wishlist and it will email you when they have price drops, also you can check by popular and recent price changes, picked up a good few bargains there lately. Works for phone and ipad

Also available on the web appshopper.com, also picked up lost of good apps there, you can see history of price changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Jetpack Joyride is free today, nice little game.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

free in app store for a few hours, just picked it up, allows you to launch common menu items like bluetooth, wifi, etc from notification centre. looks pretty customisable too. Handy!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

free in app store for a few hours, just picked it up, allows you to launch common menu items like bluetooth, wifi, etc from notification centre. looks pretty customisable too. Handy!

Name?

Name?

The app name is Flashlaunch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Name?

It was in the title in bold at the top, I was wondering that myself because I got the update as an email alert this morning but it doesnt show up in it for some reason, just in the thread. :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Pretty good... now if you could only get those buttons on the app to toggle the function in question (e.g., Bluetooth... WiFi) and also to appears in the noification centre a la SBSettings... !

It's a start though. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

just want to ask other users i have the new version of Filmon free App. i had yesterday,Dave & pick Tv on it & were working grand but when i went to find them a few days ago they are vanished now from the uk tv list. any one else notice this ???

Advertisement