Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apps for iPhone / iPod touch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭brophs

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Anyone fancy posting up the list? :o

If I'm allowed, I can post scans (and crop out everything else, if necessary).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

brophs wrote: »
    If I'm allowed, I can post scans (and crop out everything else, if necessary).

I'd say you'd be allowed. That a generous offer!

My paper is in the bin. There was one of those barcode things in the app section of the paper though that let you take a pic of it and it linked to an online version of the list. I don't have an iphone or any idevice with a camera so I couldn't try it so I'm not sure if they expected you to pay a subscription to see it.It might be worth a go though, maybe you could copy and paste then, would be easier for you than scanning perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭turnsoutIwas

This was already mentioned a few pages back but for anyone who hasnt got this amazing free game, I strongly recommend getting Jetpack Joyride. It's my absolute favourite thing about my iPhone at the moment.
    Touch the screen to go up let go to drop. So simple and SO addictive-I literally cant stop playing it.

Link

mzl.jozpxcmz.320x480-75.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

so I'm not sure if they expected you to pay a subscription to see it

They sure do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Any free app to follow the six nations? Reason I ask Is I'm in Oz and hard to hear updates on scores.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

STIG83 wrote: »
    Any free app to follow the six nations? Reason I ask Is I'm in Oz and hard to hear updates on scores.
    There's loads. From dedicated apps, to sky sports apps.

Under the sports, free apps, they right at the top of the list

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

STIG83 wrote: »

An app called RBS6Nations is good

Cinemagram is the most exciting app I've seen in a while. It's a photo app that lets you create a picture with an animated feature. It's difficult to describe but the examples here say it all :http://cinemagr.am/featured

It's 1.50ish but it's hours of fun and you create something really unique in a minute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Xpert Taxi.....great app for booking taxis directly from your phone and tracking where it is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

Gta 3 is down to 79c until feb 20th.
    Compatible with iphone, ipod touch & ipad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

+1 for runkeeper

I tried Runkeeper and it my distance covered kept going up even though I had stopped running and was standing still. It kept going for 15 or 20 minutes saying I had run way more than I had!

So my interpretation of what happened was that it has a look at what you're doing and then projects. Or else the app was just wonky on that particular occasion.

So I got imapmyrun instead and it's brilliant. Very accurate and easy to use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Downloaded this yesterday like livescore but with goal alerts, highlights and full team lineups .

http://www.footballaddicts.com/livescore-addicts/itunes

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Smarmy

Action Movie is a fun little app, lets you record videos and add special effects to them such as missile landing in the middle of the video, cars or large boulders crashing down and a few more, its a bit of fun and its free (I think)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Smarmy wrote: »
    Action Movie is a fun little app, lets you record videos and add special effects to them such as missile landing in the middle of the video, cars or large boulders crashing down and a few more, its a bit of fun and its free (I think)
    its free, but you have to pay to download extra effects.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Downloaded this yesterday like livescore but with goal alerts, highlights and full team lineups .

http://www.footballaddicts.com/livescore-addicts/itunes

I got this last week too and it's excellent. Very fast and gives assist info too for my fantasy football!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Looking for some help, I bought an app today an its shows up on my phone but it just says ''waiting''? What do I have to do to get the app to work? This is my first time actually buying an app, I usually just download the free ones so not sure how it works

• Registered Users Posts: 10,478 ✭✭✭✭guil

Tap the app and it should change to paused and tap it again and it should start. If not just restart the phone

Downloading paid apps are no different to downloading free ones

• Registered Users Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭s8n

Any new suggestions folks ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Tommy_Vercetti

Can anyone advise me of the best app for Thermal Imaging on an I Phone?

I need it for work and while there is a lot of Apps there there is no reviews of them to verify if there any good!

• Advertisement

Cinemagram is the most exciting app I've seen in a while. It's a photo app that lets you create a picture with an animated feature. It's difficult to describe but the examples here say it all :http://cinemagr.am/featured

It's 1.50ish but it's hours of fun and you create something really unique in a minute.

Still loving this app.Its genuinely hours of fun. There's now a free alternative that does the same,its called Kinotopic.It's great too.
    You can have a look here at what you can expect to be creating with either of them :http://cinemagram.tumblr.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Can anyone advise me of the best app for Thermal Imaging on an I Phone?

I need it for work and while there is a lot of Apps there there is no reviews of them to verify if there any good!
    You do know that they are only entertainment purpose apps and will not give you a real thermal image?
    A proper thermal imaging camera would set you back a 5 figure sum.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Tommy_Vercetti

cambo2008 wrote: »
    You do know that they are only entertainment purpose apps and will not give you a real thermal image?

That's what I thought but someone tried telling me that the the I Phone one will work, hence why I came here first! I work for a window company and the manager wants to show before and after effects of when windows are installed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

cambo2008 wrote: »

That's what I thought but someone tried telling me that the the I Phone one will work, hence why I came here first! I work for a window company and the manager wants to show before and after effects of when windows are installed.
    The iPhone just wouldn't have the hardware for that.
    There's a load of bullshìt apps that are blatantly breaching advertisement regulations,for example there's one that claims to enable you to use your phone as a laser pointer..........it turns your screen red.....nothing else :)
    How they get passed by apple I just don't know.

As far as I know there are companies that will come out and do the thermal imaging for you,I doubt they're cheap but they're a lot cheaper than buying a camera capable of thermal imaging.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

Give drugwars a go ...

You buy and sell drugs in different cities trying to make as much money as possible.

I used to play this 15-16years ago in college , it was very basic then. Still kinda is but i enjoy playing it

Is there a lemmings app out there does anyone know?

Chicks is similar and it's free

Got Chicks, looks good, only thing is how do I do level 10?

haven't played it in ages but i'll have a look when i've restored my phone

• Advertisement

guil wrote: »
    haven't played it in ages but i'll have a look when i've restored my phone

Passed it!! :)

Advertisement