Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 2010 Boards.ie Draft (Discussion and Reaction)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Steamboat was the NWA champion. Could he have still picked Youngblood?
    He was NWA champion after the WCW belt came in so yes I think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,145 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Bubs101 wrote: »
    I think Vince is right, that programme wasn't a mega draw and even if it was it's a bit rich to subscribe that to Steamboat. Do think he was a good pick though just can;t understand why you didn't take youngblood as well

i didn't subscribe the whole thing to Steamboat, but it's a bit rich to say he wasn't a big part of it at least.

i didn't take Youngblood because Steamboat's a former World Champion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Voltwad wrote: »
    He was NWA champion after the WCW belt came in so yes I think so.

So I can pick tag teams were 1 person was the NWA champ pre WCW?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

I think Vince is right, that programme wasn't a mega draw and even if it was it's a bit rich to subscribe that to Steamboat. Do think he was a good pick though just can;t understand why you didn't take youngblood as well

Didnt think anybody could take a partner with Steamboat. Was he not a NWA World Heavyweight Champion? Thought i seen the NWA in the list of world champions in the rules

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

World Titles: World titles are considered as the following: WWE, World Heavyweight Title/WCW, TNA and NWA (Note: For the benefit of the game as a whole and to reflect the realistic loss in prestige of the NWA Title, only holders of the NWA Title up until the WCW World Championship came into use will be regarded as World Champions for the purposes of the game)

• Advertisement

So I can pick tag teams were 1 person was the NWA champ pre WCW?!

that would open things up quite nicely on a couple of fronts.

guess i was beaten to the point there

so i couldn't pick Youngblood?

I'm feeling confused.

SlickRic wrote: »

I'm feeling confused.

So am I. I think I need this one spelt out for me. Could he have picked Youngblood?

I cant see whats confusing about it to people the NWA title was the belt before the WCW belt so anyone who held it is a World Champion

EDIT: No because Steamboat is a one time NWA World Champion

• Advertisement

so i couldn't pick Youngblood?

I'm feeling confused.
    You could have as far as I know. I think it was 1994 when Steamboat was NWA Champion? And WCW was in full swing then.

I think it was 1994 when Steamboat was NWA Champion? And WCW was in full swing then.

No. It was 5 years earlier.

You could have as far as I know. I think it was 1994 when Steamboat was NWA Champion? And WCW was in full swing then.

he won the NWA Title in '89.

i really would like this cleared up.

Steamboat was NWA champion in 1989

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

As waltersobchak said he couldn't have taken a partner with Steamboat as he held the NWA Title prior to the WCW Title coming on the scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

Steamboat held the NWA title before the WCW title came to existence so he couldn't be picked with someone else. Anyone that held the title from 1991 onwards can be picked with someone else. That's the way I'm reading it as.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

*Walks in and sees what's happening*

*Walks back out*

WCW title was created in 1991 so Steamboat was a pre WCW world champ and therefore considered a world champ for our game

According to Wiki, the WCW Championship was created in 1991. Therefore any NWA title reigns after 1991 are not recognized as World Title Reigns under draft rules as far as I can see.

What about when the NWA title was basically the TNA title? Was that ever cleared up? Too lazy to go check again myself.

• Advertisement

Jolt2007 wrote: »
    What about when the NWA title was basically the TNA title? Was that ever cleared up? Too lazy to go check again myself.

Anyone who won the NWA/TNA Heavyweight title or TNA World Title are the same basically

Basically, from Shane Douglas on these guys are not acknowledged as world champions in the game.

I think it was flahavaj that made the suggestion to avoid wrestlers being given a recognition that they didn't really warrant. (I know that's a very subjective statement to make but it was felt this would be of benefit to the game and I would agree on that)

anyway...

i'm happy with just Steamboat.

Basically, from Shane Douglas on these guys are not acknowledged as world champions in the game.

I think it was flahavaj that made the suggestion to avoid wrestlers being given a recognition that they didn't really warrant. (I know that's a very subjective statement to make but it was felt this would be of benefit to the game and I would agree on that)

I'd agree with that but to be clear though is it from 91 the title doesn't count or 94 when Douglas won it? I'd say it should be 94 myself.

Jolt2007 wrote: »
    I'd agree with that but to be clear though is it from 91 the title doesn't count or 94 when Douglas won it? I'd say it should be 94 myself.

I took it to mean 94 when there was the split.

I took it to mean 94 when there was the split.

I did too but reading the rules the wording "up until the WCW World Championship came into use" does make it sound like 91. I guess I'm just confusing thing now for everyone :o

Between 91 and 94 the NWA World Heavyweight Championship was used as the title belt in WCW. Shane Douglas was the first NWA champ after WCW split from the NWA. For the purposes of this game its from this reign onwards that dont count as World Champs (with the exception of the use of TNA of the championship as their belt). 1991 was mentioned above as thats when WCW started.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

I completely forgot he won that. Sorry
    you are right.

but by those criteria of empty seats, etc, realistically, nobody bar about 10 people could really call their picks a big 'draw' so.

i was more coming from the 'making money' angle.

Hogan, Austin, Rock, Flair, HHH, (arguable seen as he was around during the Austin/Rock era), HBK arguable enough, plus a couple of pre-70s wrestlers I don't want to mention, by your criteria.

i'm not criticising your criteria, just trying to justify my use of the term 'draw'.

'draw' may have to turn into a term we don't use!

I think that if you get a big heel then Steamboat will draw because he's a brilliant babyface, like Rey, but like Rey I don't think he can draw against just anybody. It's all circumstancial

I'm just going by the ever reliable Wiki and there's different champs listed during those years as NWA and WCW champ. I always thought they were the same too
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WCW_World_Heavyweight_Champions
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NWA_World_Heavyweight_Champions

• Advertisement

I think that if you get a big heel then Steamboat will draw because he's a brilliant babyface, like Rey, but like Rey I don't think he can draw against just anybody. It's all circumstancial

fair enough, and i do agree.

i still think the industry is fairly low on actual legitimate draws then.

Advertisement