Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 2010 Boards.ie Draft (Discussion and Reaction)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Austin and Goldberg together on one roster.... nice

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Noooooooooooooooooo I was praying he would be picked on to plan B then

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Goldberg and Austin on the same roster?!? Nice thinking, Jolt:):)

I'm up now, Furious-Red is up next, then MNC

meant praying he would not be picked DOH But Austin and Goldberg nice roster up there with Cactus one for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

Cheers for the kind words. I couldn't resist it being a guy who was at his markiest (is that a word?) when those two were at their peak and a match between them would've been so huge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Goldberg was my second option at the start of the round but didnt even consider he would get anywhere near me at number 15. Remarkably my first choice is still available. Which sod is going to rob him on me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

The Warrior vs. Lesner would be one of the best matches ever created in this draft btw

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

was really surprised Eddie hadnt gone by now, he's a top draft and was a rd1 draft last year iirc

Pick made. Surprised he wasn't taken earlier. Took me a few mins to write the reason/tribute up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

finally! i cant believe that took so long for eddie to be picked!

• Advertisement

Top pick

Yeah, he was my first choice for this draft

Sooo, now we wait for Furious-Red to make his pick.

Rnd2 picks remaining
    11. Furious Red; 12. Mr Nice Guy; 13. flahavaj; 14. Gerard.C; 15. Spongey 1975; 16.waltersobchak; 17. JP Liz; 18. Vince135792003; 19.campo; 20. Bubs101

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Honest to God, how Eddie took that long Ill never know. Should have been a number 1. Perfect for any roster.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

In the space of a few minutes my first two choices for the second round go. I'm surprised Eddie Guerrero lasted so long.

What's the story with members of factions who inconsistently teamed over an extended period

This was all specified. No, they are not eligible. Say for example, you cannot pick Xpac and Hall as they were never considered a tag team per se.
    - Members of factions, ie Saturn and Malenko, are not deemed valid picks as they are not classed as legit tag teams under the criteria for the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Cactus Colm

Just a quick state of the nations:

1. Jolt2007: Stone Cold Steve Austin, Bill Goldberg
    2. JP Liz: The Rock
    3. Gerard.C: Shawn Michaels
    4. Bounty Hunter: Hulk Hogan, Kenta Kobashi, Mitsuharu Misawa
    5. Dare 2 Defy: The Undertaker, Eddie Guerrero

6. Jaykhunter: Kurt Angle, Motor City Machine Guns
    7. Vince135792003: Bret Hart
    8. Cactus Col: Ric Flair, Randy Savage
    9. Furious Red: Chris Jericho
    10. Campo: Triple H

11. Voltwad: Brock Lesnar, The Ultimate Warrior,
    12. Waltersobchak: Bryan Danielson
    13. Bubs 101: Chris Benoit
    14. DieselQueen: Edge, AJ Styles,
    15. Mr Nice Guy: John Cena

16. Slickric: British Bulldogs, Ricky Steamboat
    17. flahavaj: Mick Foley
    18. Pingu Girl: Sting, Mr Perfect, Scot Hall
    19. Spongey1975: Randy Orton
    20. Glenjamin: Jeff Hardy, KAne

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Been totally swamped this week so haven't been on much. That and getting a new password was like pulling teeth! Thankfully Voltwad pm'ed me about it and I saw it in hotmail :)

Holy crap BH - Kobashi AND Misawa! Fantastic! Would've have ever thought about it.

Lol Voltwad I heard Warrior won't wrestle on your card unless you pay him $200,000 :D Awesome pic....think of the promos...Now if you get Scott Steiner you could stage an industry-changing 'debate' between the two :D

Joltberg! Great choice. I haven't seen much WCW so he never crossed my mind! Austin and Goldberg on the same roster!! :O:O

Eddie's a fantastic talent D2D...be great in the main event or below.

There's two guys i'm dying to have on my roster...if I get either I'll be happy. They're not big stars so hopefully...!

Just a quick state of the nations:

1. Jolt2007: Stone Cold Steve Austin, Bill Goldberg
    2. JP Liz: The Rock
    3. Gerard.C: Shawn Michaels
    4. Bounty Hunter: Hulk Hogan, Kenta Kobashi, Mitsuharu Misawa
    5. Dare 2 Defy: The Undertaker, Eddie Guerrero

6. Jaykhunter: Kurt Angle, Motor City Machine Guns
    7. Vince135792003: Bret Hart
    8. Cactus Col: Ric Flair, Randy Savage
    9. Furious Red: Chris Jericho
    10. Campo: Triple H

11. Voltwad: Brock Lesnar, The Ultimate Warrior,
    12. Waltersobchak: Bryan Danielson
    13. Bubs 101: Chris Benoit
    14. DieselQueen: Edge, AJ Styles,
    15. Mr Nice Guy: John Cena

16. Slickric: British Bulldogs, Ricky Steamboat
    17. flahavaj: Mick Foley
    18. Pingu Girl: Sting, Mr Perfect, Scot Hall
    19. Spongey1975: Randy Orton
    20. Glenjamin: Jeff Hardy, KAne

Thanks Cactus for this. The finished rosters'll be amazing if the 1st two rounds are anything to go by.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Been totally swamped this week so haven't been on much. That and getting a new password was like pulling teeth! Thankfully Voltwad pm'ed me about it and I saw it in hotmail :)

Holy crap BH - Kobashi AND Misawa! Fantastic! Would've have ever thought about it.

Lol Voltwad I heard Warrior won't wrestle on your card unless you pay him $200,000 :D Awesome pic....think of the promos...Now if you get Scott Steiner you could stage an industry-changing 'debate' between the two :D

Joltberg! Great choice. I haven't seen much WCW so he never crossed my mind! Austin and Goldberg on the same roster!! :O:O

Eddie's a fantastic talent D2D...be great in the main event or below.

There's two guys i'm dying to have on my roster...if I get either I'll be happy. They're not big stars so hopefully...!
    Money's not a problem ;) I hanve an inkling as to who you might pick but I'll stay tight lipped. As far as Steiner goes, I think I'll be avoiding him, the video in the Fail thread reminded me why

will my pick ever come I have actually changed my mind 3-4 times who my next pick is depending of course if the 4 people I want are still in at that stage

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Cactus Colm

Thanks Cactus for this. The finished rosters'll be amazing if the 1st two rounds are anything to go by.

No worries .... thought it'd be handy to see who's been picked by who, without having to root through the picks thread.
    Voltwad wrote: »
    Money's not a problem ;) I hanve an inkling as to who you might pick but I'll stay tight lipped. As far as Steiner goes, I think I'll be avoiding him, the video in the Fail thread reminded me why

I have to admit, Brock Lesnar v The Ultimate Warrior is probably the best match available from all the rosters as they stand. (right behind Flair v Savage of course).

Can't quite get my head around the juxtaposition of Bounty Hunter's two choices. I can't disagree that Kobashi and Misawa are great workers ... but it's still mad. But it sets a nice precedent for japanese tag teams at least. I had a pair who were big in japan last year in my roster, but I don't think people appreciated just how good a choice they are / were.

Well the precedent was set with Pingus pick really. As long as these fellas wrestled in America for the eligible promotions and they tagged for long enough anywhere, its ok. The Japanese world titles are not considered as such for the game.

I know you would pick Punk Furious but I must say a Punk / Jericho feud would be class both of them trying to save us in there own special way

Punk/Jericho?? I'm interested in that. Good Pick Furious-Red

MNG is next up, followed by flahavaj then Gerard.C

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

No worries .... thought it'd be handy to see who's been picked by who, without having to root through the picks thread.

I have to admit, Brock Lesnar v The Ultimate Warrior is probably the best match available from all the rosters as they stand. (right behind Flair v Savage of course).

Can't quite get my head around the juxtaposition of Bounty Hunter's two choices. I can't disagree that Kobashi and Misawa are great workers ... but it's still mad. But it sets a nice precedent for japanese tag teams at least. I had a pair who were big in japan last year in my roster, but I don't think people appreciated just how good a choice they are / were.
    If people are worried about people not knowing their picks then they should provide back up, ie videos as to why we should buy into it :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

campo wrote: »
    I know you would pick Punk Furious but I must say a Punk / Jericho feud would be class both of them trying to save us in there own special way

Cheers he was my first option in this round and was to afraid to leave him till another round
    Punk/Jericho?? I'm interested in that. Good Pick Furious-Red

MNG is next up, followed by flahavaj then Gerard.C

Yup i think it will make a great feud , both can play the heels so well

I wanted Punk for a storyline but not in round 2. My first pick is still here but I'm guessing Vince is taking him. I'm hoping he'll go to Japan for it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Pingu and BH made unreal picks in round 2. Jesus if i was in the top half of this round I would have jumped through fire for Eddie Guerrero, shocked he made it this far. One more, then I'll throw up flahavaj's pick, as he is still in america gettin wrecked.

Advertisement