Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 2010 Boards.ie Draft (Discussion and Reaction)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

SlickRic wrote: »

i still think the industry is fairly low on actual legitimate draws then.

I think today, there aren't too many that draw. It is the brand WWE that draws people to events.

But in the past, there have been plenty of draws.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Sure some of the later stars of the territories are open to us and they all had to be draws in their area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

I dont think Jaykhunter has been online since the hack, does anyone know if hes on the PW Facebook page?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I dont think Jaykhunter has been online since the hack, does anyone know if hes on the PW Facebook page?

iirc he is the one dressed as the million dollar man in his FB pic

BH wrote: »
    iirc he is the one dressed as the million dollar man in his FB pic

Is he? hahha that pictures epic! so then he'd have likely seen D2Ds list on the top of the page?

• Advertisement

nice pick MCMG were actually a no.1 draft last year.

ill have mine up soon, it may be considerd controversial but i did ask yesterday if there was a loophole i spotted to make an awesome draft like some did last year with the somewhat loose rules did anyone object, and heard nothing so... here it goes.

:eek::eek::eek::eek: speechless

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

I was trally hoping to get Kenta but would not have thought of tagging him with Misawa good draft so far BH

campo wrote: »
    I was trally hoping to get Kenta but would not have thought of tagging him with Misawa good draft so far BH

well like i said its a loophole kinda like last year when i think Mistico made it in just due to having had a WWE trial before. Id imagine next year the fact that only western heavyweight champs are excluded from being in tag teams will be adressed but i noticed that it wasnt the case this time.

so BWA so far:

Hulk Hogan
    Kenta Kobashi
    Mitsuharu Misawa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Outstanding pick there BH, I know of someone who asked me was that pick eligible, so he aint going to be happy. Up there with Pingus for ingenuity.

Also, I liked Jaykhunters pick there. I picked them first round last time as I wanted them to main event my card. Worked pretty well I might add.

Good first pick also from Waltersobchak. It was a ballsy pick, which you got some heat over, but I do not see why. If you book him well, and tbh that is an easy job, it will turn out to be a top pick.

• Advertisement

Also, once I receive my old account back/mod status given back, I will update the first post in the picks thread.

There is one pick I am SHOCKED has not been taken yet. If I were in this years draft he is who i would have taken first round.

geemick wrote: »
    Outstanding pick there BH, I know of someone who asked me was that pick eligible, so he aint going to be happy. Up there with Pingus for ingenuity.

Also, I liked Jaykhunters pick there. I picked them first round last time as I wanted them to main event my card. Worked pretty well I might add.

Good first pick also from Waltersobchak. It was a ballsy pick, which you got some heat over, but I do not see why. If you book him well, and tbh that is an easy job, it will turn out to be a top pick.

Also, once I receive my old account back/mod status given back, I will update the first post in the picks thread.

There is one pick I am SHOCKED has not been taken yet. If I were in this years draft he is who i would have taken first round.

cheers, happy i didnt hold off on it then if someone else was thinking it which i did not expect.

I also plan to help out updating the OP with picks once im back so it should be kept fairly well updated.

there are 3 really good 2nd rd picks left imo, people id have been happy with in Rd1 if i got a late number

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Damn me and my lack of knowledge of classic/foreign wrestlers. I have a few choices for Rnd2 but not 1 real big name. I honestly can't think of anyone/team from the mid-90's back.

My roster will be a mix of WWE/TNA/ an other company

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

Hell of a pick BH, I remember being all excited about thinking of that team last year before someone picked Kobashi right before my turn.

Great pick BH, definetly wouldn't have thought of them

Next pick is Voltwad then Jolt2007 and then myself

Great pick BH, definetly wouldn't have thought of them

Next pick is Voltwad then Jolt2007 and then myself

if you are only 3 picks away you should def get a huge name imo.

I dont have any long term plan atm but with Hogan too im happy with my fed worldwide drawing power already

BH wrote: »
    if you are only 3 picks away you should def get a huge name imo.

I dont have any long term plan atm but with Hogan too im happy with my fed worldwide drawing power already

I hopefully will

I have no plans what-so-ever with mine. If I like a wrestler and he's available, I'll pick him. No regrets, no worries:):D:)

There should be plenty of big names to last another few rounds at least. Maybe not instant top level main eventers but names big enough to top a card without raising eyebrows.

Lads were does the original ECW stand in this? is it part of WWE because it was disolved into it? like say i want someone who only wrestled in ECW never WWE/WCW does it count?

People are a little too obsessed with big names here. FFS, we are always giving out about new talent not being pushed. Here, you have a clean slate more or les and you can book whomever you please how ever you wish.

• Advertisement

I also have no real plans with my roster I just wait and see who picks who before me and then make my pick based on that, with regards to ECW im sure you can pick someone from there if they have not wrestled in WWE although cant think of any myself that you might want to pick , But question in the championship can I pick an ex ECW world champ and put him in a tag with someone who he has tagged with numerous of times obviously he would only have held the ECW title

The ECW title is not recognised as a world title for the purposes of this game.

campo wrote: »
    I also have no real plans with my roster I just wait and see who picks who before me and then make my pick based on that, with regards to ECW im sure you can pick someone from there if they have not wrestled in WWE although cant think of any myself that you might want to pick , But question in the championship can I pick an ex ECW world champ and put him in a tag with someone who he has tagged with numerous of times obviously he would only have held the ECW title

I havent checked the rules with regardss the ECW title but last year it was that the original ECW title counted as a world title as far as tag teams go but the WWECW title doesent as it is more a midcarder belt.

edit: but having seen Gimmicks post i guess the old one now isnt counted either

yes if they wrestled in ECW only they were previously eligable too so cant see why they wouldent be this time

And the Ultimate Warrior joins the HVW.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

And the Ultimate Warrior joins the HVW.
    Wont be too many bigger draws as far as I'm concerned. He'll play a pivotal role in my show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

geemick wrote: »
    The ECW title is not recognised as a world title for the purposes of this game.

The real one?

Bubs101 wrote: »
    The real one?

Yeah, the real/original one isn't recognized.

Jolt2007 is up next, then myself followed by Furious-Red

Yeah, the real/original one isn't recognized.

Jolt2007 is up next, then myself followed by Furious-Red

nice and with you and Jolt online now we should have really gotten this thing back moving nicely

Good pick with Warrior say whatever you want about him but man could he draw

• Advertisement

Ooooh, that felt good to finally be able to make a pick again :)

Advertisement