Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 2010 Boards.ie Draft (Discussion and Reaction)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

lads the bwo dont let petty things affect us:D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

lads the bwo dont let petty things affect us:D;)
    Well said pal ;)

Aaargh I'm so excited about this draft. Looks like Glenjamin is gone for the night though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

Ah sorry about that lads. You know as well as me the draft can do funny things to a man.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

Voltwad wrote: »
    Well said pal ;)

Aaargh I'm so excited about this draft. Looks like Glenjamin is gone for the night though :(

Next after him, I'll wait til midnight before going to sleep then try and get on before college in the morning (unlikely)

Ah the waitings a nightmare luckily im down the bottom, no stress for me, im just gonna have to find the best of the scraps left. did anyone pm Glenjamin? i know he has 24 hours but still.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

There are far more than 3 main eventers left. You have the NWA territories to come and there are nearly always a few main eventers left in rounds 5 and 6.

Think Macho is a great pick. had him in the first draft and think he's one of those guys who combine great in ring ability with popularity

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I would have liked a better number but there are loads of great picks left.

Ideally, I would like to pick different people than who I chose the last time but because a few of mine were a bit left field, they might be the only way to go for me.

Bubs101 wrote: »
    There are far more than 3 main eventers left. You have the NWA territories to come and there are nearly always a few main eventers left in rounds 5 and 6.

Think Macho is a great pick. had him in the first draft and think he's one of those guys who combine great in ring ability with popularity
    I meant it in terms of the main event I want sorry =[ fingers crossed anyway!

I see Glenjamin has picked Kane. I did so last year but failed to find a good way to utilize him. Hope you have better luck than I did pal

another surprising but very good pick, theres one guy who i cant believe hasnt been picked yet..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭glenjamin

I will use him the way he was first used in the WWF - the big red unstoppable monster who wore a mask and didn't job to people like Dolph Ziggler and be a tag team with the bloody Hurricane!

Best of luck. Still some glaringly obvious main eventers being overlooked. Lets hope the trend continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭glenjamin

I could easily pick my 15 now. Can someone give me the jist of what we do when they're all picked?

sly one alright.. i tip my hat;)

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

Fairly sure my pick is above board as regarding the tag team rules, they tagged together for well over 3 months and won titles and neither held any of the world championships listed.

But if not allowed let me know and I'll change it.

If it is :D:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

Tis a good pick that. Lucky the AWA World title counting never got passed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Nice on Pingu. Saw that one last year but someone got Hennig before I wanted to use it so I had to settle for X-Pac

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Cactus Colm

It was a team I was looking at myself for a while. Good choice Pingi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

glenjamin wrote: »
    I could easily pick my 15 now. Can someone give me the jist of what we do when they're all picked?

Once you have your 15 you will have to book a PPV card with matches involving them. Not sure how much detail we are doing on this but an indication of storylines between the wrestlers involved in the PPV would be needed as well

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Oh sneaky one Pingi and nice way to get both of them in there
    might just have a look at what you did and maybe copy it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,672 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

SlickRic wrote: »
    yeah i'm happy to be patient, but it'd be a pity if momentum was lost.

then again if the likes of MNG and BH are missing it dilutes the whole thing a bit anyway.

can anyone shed any light?

you know it :) this is where the big dogs play.

my picks from the 1st two rds in the first draft were both 1st rd picks the next year (Hogan & Cena) and now it has happened again as my first two picks from last year have both once again gone in Rd1 this year (The British Bulldogs & Danielson) and yet i have higher hopes for my first two picks this year.

Once again Hulkamania is running wild in the BWA but my next pick is guaranteed to be a big one again. Infact its one of the reasons I am here in this new temp form (BH). I wanted to ask, if someone spots an awesome draft that are technically a ok going by the rules, they should go for it right? Just like many did last year with Intergender teams, Trialists etc Ive spotted a great pick but dont want to make such a draft if others think such a move is against the spirt of thee game (whatever that means).

I had Perfect and Nash in mind as one of several backups for this round so i gotta say I liked that pick. Little surprised by how early Kane went and although he was top notch I didnt think Benoit would go until Rd 2.

So so many big names left, real main eventers that have to go soon
    slammasters2_logo-bwa.png

lovin your roster already slick The British Bulldog, Dynamite Kid and Steamboat is a great base to work with.

Steamboat was my no.1 backup

• Registered Users Posts: 36,171 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

BH wrote: »
    lovin your roster already slick The British Bulldog, Dynamite Kid and Steamboat is a great base to work with.

it's no guarantee yet, because I haven't worked it out, but a match between Dynamite and Steamboat...there are no words to describe how much I would love to see that.

Question on the tag teams can we use the Freebird rule
    i.e pick a team with 3 members

it's no guarantee yet, because I haven't worked it out, but a match between Dynamite and Steamboat...there are no words to describe how much I would love to see that.

well last year i had after Rd 2 The Bulldogs and Danielson and tbh was thinking the exact same thing, ended up booking a 30 min Iron man match for the IC title between Dynamite and Danielson.

The Pre 1970 round could come in handy for you if you want a big main eventer i know it did for me last year when i started with a similar base.

campo wrote: »
    Question on the tag teams can we use the Freebird rule
    i.e pick a team with 3 members

you cant pick 3 members as far as i know, you can pick them as part of 2 seperate rounds in the draft though i.e 1 round where you draft a two man tag team and another where you get the 3rd, with the other two already gone maybe you could draft the 3rd a good bit later. I did something similar last year, I drafted Carlito w/Trish early then got Primo & eric Escobar (perez) much later cos with Carlito gone nobody picked Primo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 pronoy

hi ,

I read all info . Thanks to you for giving me this info ...

ah well there goes my idea so

Damn you taking Dragon :( I was going to take Shane Douglas with him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Cactus Colm

The way I'd describe that match is ...."big in japan".

Advertisement