Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Cigarettes - The original thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

RY4-A is not bad

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭donkey oatey

Vampires kiss and pink tiger are lovely fruity menthol flavors. You can get flavor fatigue from liquids but the menthol prevents that so they make great all day vapes. Strawberry milkshake is a million types of amazing too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

few new flavours from wingnut there today:

Wingnut's Wibble
    Three Stripes
    Jungle Juice
    Fizzy Lemonade
    Cookies and Cream
    Bounty Hunter

Maybe try one or two of them and let us know if they are any good? :pac:

Of the others, I liked RY4-A, Anto's Mix, Banoffee,
    Ectoplasmic (a lemon and lime flavour), Vanilla Custard and Vampire's Kiss.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

Oooh bounty hunter :o Any chance of a gorilla juice alike? was going to order one off an american vendor yesterday but $22 shipping for a 35ml bottle, bugger that. Its the same price as the juice.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 298 ✭✭Tony Soprano.

Just wondered why there is such a difference in prices for e-juice?

I'm on bargainvapour.com and I can get a 50ml bottle from the HANGSEN range for just €13.99, yet 10ml bottles from the TEXAS SELECT USA range is can be €6.49.

Is it just like anythng, you get what you pay for?

The only e-jucies I have tried thus far are from the Wignuts range, and I'm well impressed, but nothing to compare them to.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

why do walkers crisps costs whatever they do and aldis crisps made by the same company cost about 1/5th of the price?

the cheaper chinese juices are mass produced to a level no other manufacturer could dream of, that's why they're so cheap in comparison. then you have some companies charging higher prices for an air of exclusitivity, their juices can be ****ing amazing.. but they're still charging that nike money.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 298 ✭✭Tony Soprano.

why do walkers crisps costs whatever they do and aldis crisps made by the same company cost about 1/5th of the price?

the cheaper chinese juices are mass produced to a level no other manufacturer could dream of, that's why they're so cheap in comparison. then you have some companies charging higher prices for an air of exclusitivity, their juices can be ****ing amazing.. but they're still charging that nike money.

That makes perfect sense to me. Cheers.

I going to get some of Hangsen stuff, can't go wrong with those prices! I might then just get a few samples from the more exclusive stuff to compare.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Yeah, you get what you pay for. On the other hand, maybe it's all about perceptive expectation (playing Digby's Advocate there).
    You were kinda spoiled starting with Wingnut's juices. It's really tasty AND cheap for what it is.

Try a bottle or two of the cheaper stuff, some of it's okay - and it is super cheap, but I haven't had any "ohmiholyfuggingawd" moments with any of it.

I dunno, juice isn't very expensive at all (apart from some luxury brand-type thingies like Highbrow Vapours and eBaron's niche juices). Seems a shame to skimp on such a cheap product that's central to enjoying the vape.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Started my e-cig properly yesterday, so am 24 hours in since I had a real cigarette. Have to say I'm finding it very good, though as mentioned by the op (3 years ago!) I'm finding it difficult sometimes getting a 'hit', but maybe that's lack of practice.

I'm using the brand 'VIP', was an impulse buy last week.
    Has anyone found they get a bit of a headache from them? I'm unsure whether its from it or I'm having problems with my wisdom teeth so perhaps it's from them.
    The other difficulty I'm having is knowing when I am having a 'cig' when I'm finished, as in when I would be finished a real smoke.. Anyone have any tips?

The lack of hit and difficulty knowing when to stop is more than likely due to the style of ecig you've chosen.

Smaller battery->less power to kick out the vapour->less satisfaction.

If you want more kick, more vapour - you need a bigger battery with a better vaporising device.

When you use a device that satisfies you, the less time you'll spend with the device glued to your mouth. You'll tend to pick it up for a puff every so often as opposed to 5 mins of constant cig-puffing every hour.

The headache could be due to a lot of things.
    Too much nicotine? Known to cause headaches.
    Too little nicotine getting to an addict? Known cause.
    The switch from thousands of toxins to one stimulant? Known cause.
    Allergy to an ingredient? Known cause.

Best to wait a while before deciding which it is. Took a few weeks for the growing pains of switching over to subside completely for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

yeah thats the one I linked but everyone has moved on to this now

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/kangtwist.htm

i havent used them (well i've used those batteries, they are good) but the kangers are what just about everyone is reccomending to new vapers these days. from all the reviews and comments they do seem better than cartomisers

Got this two weeks ago and am delighted with it. Have smoked on nights out but hadn't really expected/intended not to so not beating myself up over it.

I don't have anything to compare my device to but it seems great fwiw, the adjustable voltage on the battery to adjust the size of the hit is a great feature and works well. The whole vaping thing is actually very pleasurable, probably more so than smoking tbh.

A word for the people at e-smokeireland.eu as well, the lady I dealt with through email was very accommodating, and the gent I met when I picked up was extremely helpful and pleasant, spending a solid five minutes with me explaining how the device worked and offering me general advice. Highly recommended.

Thanks to everyone ITT for their advice as well, particularly Sir Digsby.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 elizabeth7

I would love to know how many people have stopped smoking cigarettes completely. I smoked 25 a day but now am down to 5. Some days the ecig works really well and it is great. Other times for some reason there seem to be problems which I need to sort out , is a battery running out, the atomizer blocked etc so I turn to 'real cigarette'. There is quite a lot to learn about using the ecig. to the best and it is trial and error and a learning process. Maybe that should be pointed out to those starting , I found the instructions were not sufficiently comprehensive . Just a thought. Happy Christmas to everyone.

I've stopped completely. 2 days shy of 11 months.

I know what you're saying though, you have to really want to delay death to sacrifice the time to them (no sarcasm there, it is a chore).

I do think we mention the learning curve. It's up to the user whether or not the 10-60 minutes a week of tinkering that could be going on is worth it for the extra years of life gained.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

Ah give it a few years and we'll all be standing out in the smoking area trying to bum juice :P

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Vaperus

That happens already where I work.

The next stage is to get the Smoking shed fitted out with charging points, especially as the vapers nearly out number the smokers

Good for you Grindle that is great. I think I need to pluck up the courage not to have any 'real cigs' on stand by and I could stop completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

elizabeth7 wrote: »
    Good for you Grindle that is great. I think I need to pluck up the courage not to have any 'real cigs' on stand by and I could stop completely.
    Are you still using the pre filled? I gave up on these and use an EGo. It takes a while to select a favuorite juice but for me it has been much easier and satisfying vape by a mile. just my experience so far. Off smokes for 3 months, thanks to this thread and the execellant advice here by everone! Thank you all and a very Merry Vaping Xmas to you all:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Started on my e-cig three weeks ago tomorrow, haven't touched a real smoke since. Am absolutely delighted! The only thing I'm finding is other people's opinions, for example 'oh u are off the fags.. Ah right ur smoking an e-cig so u haven't *really* given up have u?

Anyone else find this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

elizabeth7 wrote: »

someone on here gave me great advice - think it was you grindle actually? - at the moment every time you have a nic craving your brain still kinda sees a cigarette as the real proven-to-work scratch to that itch. over time, your brain will eventually recognise your vape as the answer. happens at different paces for different folks so don't sweat it.

there's 23 cigarettes in this house as i type.... what i'm keeping them for i don't know.... a reminder perhaps? that and i don't know anyone who smokes marlboro light pacman.gif. i found the full box of 20 the other day when i was cleaning and where i used to get a dizzy ting of excitement over the feel of the fresh sealed pack, it's little bit of tape still intact, all 20 perfect little soldiers standing to attention ready to give me joy and a head rush, 20 little moments to savour in the car or on the phone or after a nice dinner or just for the sake of it.... now i'm just thinking ''feik sake - there's the price of a nice bottle of juice'' eek.png

@m'lady i had an [albeit kinda drunken on my part] discussion with someone over the weekend along those lines. had to listen to such gems as ''sher you wouldn't know what chemicals are in that liquid crap'', ''so what, it's still an addiction'', ''look if it has nicotine in it it's still gonna kill ya'' etc etc blah blah. it was coming from a current smoker though, so i just left it..... the best revenge is to live longer :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

took me a week to move from smoking to vapeing completely and im vapeing about 18 months now.
    monthly cost is roughly €75 a month for me,much better then the near on €300 if i was smoking.
    If i wasant buying juice to see what its like id spend about €100 every 10-12 weeks or so on juice

• Advertisement

so encouraging to hear of people going off the cigs. I do use the prefilled and get them with the lowest nicotine value. I am just back from walking my dog , and myself, and already I find I can walk for longer and faster. Sometimes I think at aged 74 why not just stick with the cigs but then when you notice the difference it is well worth the effort. Also , visiting on Sunday it was good to have a smoke with a cuppa and not excuse myself to lurk outside the door!! I have two young friends who smoke ,well they are early 30s , and hope when they see the new me they may decide to try ecigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

Any time I get the 'Oh but you're addicted to that now' or 'There's still nicotine in that' I respond with 'So? What's the problem with that?'. They scramble and mumbling looking for a response but I'll have moved on or changed the subject

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Lexie_Karas

Hi folks,

Great thread! Tons of info but maybe too much info for me to read through all of it. Just wondering if I could get a bit of advice. My dad is looking to move from real cigs to an e-cig. He doesn't know too much about the different types or options (and neither do I!). He lives over in Spain and is finding it hard to get much info about them (could be due to the language barrier, he doesn't speak Spanish). What I'd like to know is what would people recommend as a good starting point for him? He's in his 70's and has a physical disability in his hands so something that requires the least amount of fiddley things the better (I don't know if there'd be a difference in replacing different cartridges or whatever). He's also looking for one that isn't too expensive. I don't know how easy he's going to find the replacements in Spain but if needs be I can send supplies over to him from here, but again something that is readily accessible might be better than something we'd have to regularly order on line. Our local chemist seems to stock one called Nicocig, anyone any experience with these? They have a disposable option, I was wondering if it might be a good idea to try that first and see how he gets on before investing in the rechargable kits? I don't really know what else I should be asking!

@lexie karus I've found this list of vendors in Spain. I'm thinking your dad would like an automatic battery (inhale to activate as opposed to a "manual" battery where you press the button to activate) and prefilled carts (cartomisers/cartridges) instead of a refillable system that might be a bit more fiddly but would give more options for flavours, nicotine juice and nicotine delivery system?
    If he can handle refilling and manual this one looks good to me (and only €24 for the set!). I don't think it's the branded one though as the price is so good but the real elips has had great reviews and is available from here and they have a bricks and mortar store in Dublin. The battery is pretty small (small size and small capacity) compared to what I use which would mean it would need charging more often. The refilling should be easier than cartomisers too.
    I've never used an automatic battery so I hope someone who knows about them will respond.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

@lexie karus I've found this list of vendors in Spain. I'm thinking your dad would like an automatic battery (inhale to activate as opposed to a "manual" battery where you press the button to activate) and prefilled carts (cartomisers/cartridges) instead of a refillable system that might be a bit more fiddly but would give more options for flavours, nicotine juice and nicotine delivery system?
    If he can handle refilling and manual this one looks good to me (and only €24 for the set!). I don't think it's the branded one though as the price is so good but the real elips has had great reviews and is available from here and they have a bricks and mortar store in Dublin. The battery is pretty small (small size and small capacity) compared to what I use which would mean it would need charging more often. The refilling should be easier than cartomisers too.
    I've never used an automatic battery so I hope someone who knows about them will respond.
    Woah,are there bricks and mortar stores who deal exclusivly in e ciggs and if there is,do they have sample products to try before you buy like a supermarket?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

I did use an auto battery and they work well. The trick is what used to be called the 'primer puff' You take a short quick drag just before drawing for a longer pull. Gets the coil hot right off and the switch responds to a short hard draw better.
    The big draw back with autos is liquid getting into the switch and fubaring it up. With prefilled cartos their great but with refilling you need to be real careful not to get the batt wet. They tend to be smaller batteries too so get more than one.
    Heavy smoker might want a high nic carto to compensate for real fags and the fact that vaping works differently to smoking.
    Hope it works out for him.

@lexie karus Yup! We have shops now! Viva la vapelution! Here's the thread where some are listed. The guys at e-smokeireland will let you collect deliveries and are very helpful. They have a manual battery kit with pcc (personal charging case) but some of them look a bit fiddly with having to screw the batteries into the bottom of a cigarette like box to use the pcc. Also that kit only comes with one battery so you'd want to buy one or a couple more to be on the safe side.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Nagoc

Hi can anybody tell me which ecigarettes are best? And where can I buy in Carlow or Kildare ? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Thinking about getting this pack. Looks good value. I'm a provari owner, but they might be handy taking to the pub now and again. More curious to try them more than anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭SymphonyX

Have a look at this website vaperlites.com thats where I do all my shopping :D
    hope it helps, they are based in Galway

Advertisement