Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Cigarettes - The original thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭SymphonyX

Good Deals on vaperlites.com right now. For a starter kit I paid €34.50 in Galway.... going for 14.99 here.
    Has anyone tried other flavors at all? thinking of going cherry for a while ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,006 ✭✭✭✭Esel

SymphonyX wrote: »
    Good Deals on vaperlites.com right now. For a starter kit I paid €34.50 in Galway.... going for 14.99 here.
    Their kits look like low-end ones to me.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭FreezeUp

I was thinking about this, but when I found out they still contained chemicals, I just went cold turkey instead. About two months now, just under. Going well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Good for you! Not sure how much traction a cold-turkey post will get on a sub-forum that doesn't view nicotine as intrinsically bad, but glad you got off the cigs either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

FreezeUp wrote: »
    I was thinking about this, but when I found out they still contained chemicals, I just went cold turkey instead. About two months now, just under. Going well.

Yeah gota avoid those chemicals, so water and ...no wait! water has chemicals, that Dihydrogen monoxide cant be good.
    Only playing with you! :D Good work on leaving the smoking behind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭FreezeUp

:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Just pulled the trigger on an Ego-C starter pack!

I didn't know there was so many options out there, been puffing on smokegreen's jobbies for the past 2 months.

They obviously work all the same, as I've not touched a real cig in 63 days now [keeping track via quit.ie] - I was very surprised when I checked it this morning. Smoked for 25 years, I forced myself to get a smokegreen starter pack because my breathing had gone brutal and I have other health issues.

No matter what people say about e-cigs/vaping, anything is better than inhaling 4000+ god-knows-what chemicals from cigarettes. ANyone who can do it without aid, fair play, don't see why they need to slam something they've not needed or tried ... but I'm looking forward to trying this alternative. I also ordered some flavoured juices to kick me off

http://www.bestecig.ie/index.html

Seems a nice easy to follow and order from site.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

I bought the misses a 510 Starter Kit from ezsmoke.ie back in September, she was doing great for about 6 weeks, then she fell off the wagon. I blame half of it on her always forgetting some component of her ECig (usually not charging the battery) or her stupid bleeding friends asking her "do you want a real fag" :rolleyes:.

She's had the flu the last few days and couldn't smoke at all so shes taking this opportunity to give the ECigs another shot. 1 of the atomizers is gone, and the one she's using now is on the way out, is ezsmoke.ie still a good site to go to ?, I need a new atomizer but will probably buy a whole new 510 + charger to keep in my gaff so she doesn't forget.

Edit: Why do the warranty's for all the atomizers say Dead On Arrival ?

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

Is that the cartridge starter pack? I tried that and failed miserably, it was only the T2s that put me off real fags.

J0hnick wrote: »
    ...or her stupid bleeding friends asking her "do you want a real fag" :rolleyes:.

Ask her friends why they want her to have a real tumour or a real heart attack.

The DOA warranty stops people who might fleadh the situation by vaping an atty at high heat and expect
    a new one even though they chose to destroy their last one quickly (this covers many more consumers than you might think), and it takes into consideration that the coils are handbuilt which means the life cycle can be consistent but not exactly clockwork-like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

J0hnick wrote: »
    I bought the misses a 510 Starter Kit from ezsmoke.ie back in September, she was doing great for about 6 weeks, then she fell off the wagon. I blame half of it on her always forgetting some component of her ECig (usually not charging the battery) or her stupid bleeding friends asking her "do you want a real fag" :rolleyes:.

She's had the flu the last few days and couldn't smoke at all so shes taking this opportunity to give the ECigs another shot. 1 of the atomizers is gone, and the one she's using now is on the way out, is ezsmoke.ie still a good site to go to ?, I need a new atomizer but will probably buy a whole new 510 + charger to keep in my gaff so she doesn't forget.

Yes ezsmoke is still a great site to order from. I order from a few different sites, but will be putting in an order from ezsmoke soon. Declan the fella that runs it is sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 moggymorton

This is a question for the original poster, I was just wondering seems its now almost 3 years since you started this thread, how are you getting on, have you touched a tobacco cigarette since and do you feel better for having made the switch? The info is probably somewhere in here but 165 pages is a lot to go through :-)

This is a question for the original poster, I was just wondering seems its now almost 3 years since you started this thread, how are you getting on, have you touched a tobacco cigarette since and do you feel better for having made the switch? The info is probably somewhere in here but 165 pages is a lot to go through :-)

From the FAQ thread:
    mewso wrote: »
    Is this a good method to give up real cigarettes?
    Well in my case time will tell. I have smoked 20 a day for the last 23 years approx. and have never succeeded in stopping for more than a couple of days. My original plan was to buy an e-cigarette and see if I could reduce my real cigarette consumption to 2 or 3 a day. I have so far been successful in not smoking any. 18 months and counting at time of posting. * 3 years as of Jan 2013

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Its mad when you think how long some people have been vaping. When I started vaping I thought there was maybe a hundred or so people vaping in Ireland. In all the time I have been vaping I have only ever seen 1 stranger vaping and i didnt have the balls to approach him. It wasnt till I checked out boards that I realised how popular it is here.
    I recently saw a video on utube of a vapemeet in America from 5 years ago. Even back then they had some lovely gear. I was shocked!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

There's a couple of Singaporeans in my place at the moment and they both vape using eGo's and carto tanks. Any other vapers I've ever seen use cigalikes or eGo's but never saw one with a big mod in public yet. Actually saw a Greensmoke kiosk in the local shopping centre in Waterford today and a local shop selling Jasper and Jasper. Definitely an increase in visibility of ecigs lately.

Did they have nice things 5 years ago? I thought Trog's Screwdriver was the height of it back then.
    Just look at the success of Vapefest to see how big it is. Talk about a risk paying off, considering it had it's roots in a thread where people were unsure of 15-20 people going to a cafe then 10x the amount turn up at a hotel in Ireland's Australia.
    And all these lurkers that poke their heads out sometimes. Sneaky buggers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i dont know if that's unfair to australia or laois

I felt a pang of guilt for any Australians reading, so I'd go with that one. Then again, I've only met nice Australians - judging from stories of Darwin they might have one up/down on us.
    Darwin - Australia's Mullingar.

On the vid five years ago one lad had a table set up with about fifty different shiny yokes, mech mods, etc. Would put up a link if I could find it or was able to put up links ;-)

There's a couple of Singaporeans in my place at the moment and they both vape using eGo's and carto tanks. Any other vapers I've ever seen use cigalikes or eGo's but never saw one with a big mod in public yet. Actually saw a Greensmoke kiosk in the local shopping centre in Waterford today and a local shop selling Jasper and Jasper. Definitely an increase in visibility of ecigs lately.
    I asked a guy in a shop lately how the sale of cig-alikes were going and he said they were flying out the door, he said he couldnt keep enough in stock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

Any other vapers I've ever seen use cigalikes or eGo's but never saw one with a big mod in public yet.

I dont tend to carry around my big mods when im out on foot,1000mah ego is easier to carry round in my pocket with out looking like iv a vibrator in there :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

Stealthirl wrote: »
    I dont tend to carry around my big mods when im out on foot,1000mah ego is easier to carry round in my pocket with out looking like iv a vibrator in there :eek:

Handbags are great - two provaris and a vamo with me :D Just couldn't pick what I wanted to bring lol

I think I might have a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

sept09baby wrote: »
    I think I might have a problem.

Vamo with Igo-L, ego case with two 1000maH twists, spiral dripper, 10ml bottle of wignuts 'nut' juice, 2x sKanger T2's, 30ml liqua and 30ml highbrow bottles, all in my pockets...

...think I need a handbag...

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

You def need a handbag!! In mine I have (today):

1 provari mini with extension cap + agr/boge
    1 provari mini + nova stv
    1 vamo in mini mode + kanger T2
    5 spare batteries
    30ml vanilla custard
    30ml vapefest eire
    10ml Flavorz by Joe Banana Mango Smoothie
    3 Kanger T2s
    510 to ego adapter
    3 spare drip tips
    spare kanger heads
    Extension cap for provari

Feck that looks bad when you write it all down

Must get myself a man bag :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

sept09baby wrote: »
    You def need a handbag!! In mine I have (today):

1 provari mini with extension cap + agr/boge
    1 provari mini + nova stv
    1 vamo in mini mode + kanger T2
    5 spare batteries
    30ml vanilla custard
    30ml vapefest eire
    10ml Flavorz by Joe Banana Mango Smoothie
    3 Kanger T2s
    510 to ego adapter
    3 spare drip tips
    spare kanger heads
    Extension cap for provari

Feck that looks bad when you write it all down

Imagine some gob****e gaurd searching you and finding that.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭tjalana

Sorry this thread is sooo long and just haven't the time to read it all....can you please recommend starter kit for me and where to buy it. Heard someone say somewhere in parnell street and how much am I looking at or if there is anywhere on the northside preferably swords area.

Any advice much appreciated :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

tjalana wrote: »
    Sorry this thread is sooo long and just haven't the time to read it all....can you please recommend starter kit for me and where to buy it. Heard someone say somewhere in parnell street and how much am I looking at or if there is anywhere on the northside preferably swords area.

Any advice much appreciated :eek:

Prices:

Bad: 20 quid, looks like a cigarette.
    Good: 30 - 50 quid (Kanger Starter kit recommended all over this forum)
    Brilliant: 120 - 220 quid. Madness for a starter.

Try Ovale Ireland. They've a store on Gardnier street in Dublin 1. It's a great shop and you can try kits / liquids before you buy. They're really helpful and it's worth the trip.

Alternatively E Smoke Ireland you can collect from in Palmerstown and their customer service is second to none!

Vaperus is an online retailer and does coffee mornings too so you can sample. Bit out of Dublin but again super helpful!

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭tjalana

RossFixxxed, thanks a million for coming back to me. Think I will take a trip to Gardiner Street then...was at my cousin's wedding last weekend and am not joking everyone was on the electronic cigs...although have to say they were sucking on them constantly...is this good or bad I don't know but got to be better than the real thing;)

• Advertisement

tjalana wrote: »
    ...although have to say they were sucking on them constantly...is this good or bad I don't know but got to be better than the real thing;)

They should raise their nic-level. Less sucky-sucky.

Advertisement