Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Cigarettes - The original thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

grindle wrote: »
    They should raise their nic-level. Less sucky-sucky.

I don't find this at all personally. With e cigs you take puffs constantly, every few minutes say. So people think you where on them constantly.

With a normal cig, you take 20 puffs, but in a short space of time, so you where only 'on them' for a minute or two.

Does that makes sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

jamie72 wrote: »
    I don't find this at all personally. With e cigs you take puffs constantly, every few minutes say. So people think you where on them constantly.

With a normal cig, you take 20 puffs, but in a short space of time, so you where only 'on them' for a minute or two.

Does that makes sense?

That makes very much sense also, but I keep my few puffs further apart unless I'm drinking. I'd be a P.I.T.A.-case if I was on lower nic.
    37652571.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

tjalana wrote: »
    RossFixxxed, thanks a million for coming back to me. Think I will take a trip to Gardiner Street then...was at my cousin's wedding last weekend and am not joking everyone was on the electronic cigs...although have to say they were sucking on them constantly...is this good or bad I don't know but got to be better than the real thing;)

Yeah, to be honest, I'm not convinced at all they are healthy, but it would be a challenge to be worse than the cigarettes!

You do use it more on some occasions, but then I find times where I'd have a cigarette a puff or 2 usually suffices.

I go through a battery every 2 - 3 days and a 10 ml bottle of juice every 3 - 4 weeks myself! I don't vape all that much, but you do have it in your hand more and the puffs are equivalent to a drag on a ciggie....

I think as a rule smoking bad, anything else less bad!

The shop is good, it's easy enough to find and there's a big banner outside. I found it nice to talk to someone and look at all the stuff. FYI I'm using an ego-c 650 mah battery (they have loads) with a few 5 euro clearomisers (I just took whatever they had) and it's not got me off the fags, but I've cut down a LOT when I use it. I got a spare charger to leave in the office too so I've no excuse not to use it. I'm using Cognac Tobacco Ovale juice and just go one called Avana tobacco which initially was gross but it's growing on me a lot :)

Try a few different things, a clearomiser a tank and a cartomiser maybe? If you hate one you can try the next and get to know the bits and bobs. It IS worth it, but tearing myself away from the analogues is proving tougher than expected. Almost like it was addictive.... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

I go through a battery every 2 - 3 days and a 10 ml bottle of juice every 3 - 4 weeks myself! I don't vape all that much, but you do have it in your hand more and the puffs are equivalent to a drag on a ciggie....
    and it's not got me off the fags
    I use 1 and half a 900mah batt a day, 5ml a day, haven't bothered with fags since I started. Where would you get the time you ask ! It's never out of your hand?
    Well true enough but not as much as you would think, I can go for hours with out touching an ecig but once my hands are idle...

650mah a day here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

I use one 18500 a day - 1100mah. 3 mls per day usually

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

About 900 mAh per day @ 3-4 mls 9mg here.

A 10ml bottle every 3-4 weeks is virtually not vaping at all. I'd imagine 3-5ml per day is pretty standard.

About 900 mAh per day @ 3-4 mls 9mg here.

A 10ml bottle every 3-4 weeks is virtually not vaping at all. I'd imagine 3-5ml per day is pretty standard.

Actually a 10 ml bottle every 4 weeks is probably wrong on my part. If I was consistent probably every 2 weeks, but I fall off the vaping wagon a few days here and there a month. :(

I physically couldn't empty a 1.8 ml clearomiser in a day. I'm stealth vaping at my desk, it's 16mg liquid... Maybe I need stronger or something?

I just can't vape that much. I don't need a huge amount of pulls before I've had enough of it. BUT I am still having the first smoke in the morning, a couple on lunch and one waiting for the bus... So there's a bad trade off there.

Maybe I need some new kit or something!

Actually a 10 ml bottle every 4 weeks is probably wrong on my part. If I was consistent probably every 2 weeks, but I fall off the vaping wagon a few days here and there a month. :(

I physically couldn't empty a 1.8 ml clearomiser in a day. I'm stealth vaping at my desk, it's 16mg liquid... Maybe I need stronger or something?

I just can't vape that much. I don't need a huge amount of pulls before I've had enough of it. BUT I am still having the first smoke in the morning, a couple on lunch and one waiting for the bus... So there's a bad trade off there.

Maybe I need some new kit or something!

You clearly need to up that to 24mg.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

You clearly need to up that to 24mg.

Not necessarily, it could be simply that the clearo is not producing alot of vapor hence the lack of satisfaction.

I "thought" for a long time that the cravings were for a higher mg of juice and went up to 24mg (and ended up with a really raspy throat) but in all honestly was just looking for the flavor, clouds of vapor that I would associate with fags as I never felt ecigs were giving me all that (with various clearo's, cartos batteries etc)

A decent setup (18350 telescope mod + Dripper right now) meant something that surpassed actual fags in every sense and is pretty darn small as well (smaller in height than a 900 mah ego + clearo).

And I'm only using 10mg juice at this stage.

Although theres nothing really stealthy about billowing out clouds of smoke under your desk :p
    8723051125_a08013aebf.jpg

*Picture is with an 1100 mah ego

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

was.deevey wrote: »
    Not necessarily, it could be simply that the clearo is not producing alot of vapor hence the lack of satisfaction.

I "thought" for a long time that the cravings were for a higher mg of juice and went up to 24mg (and ended up with a really raspy throat) but in all honestly was just looking for the flavor, clouds of vapor that I would associate with fags as I never felt ecigs were giving me all that (with various clearo's, cartos batteries etc)

A decent setup (18350 telescope mod + Dripper right now) meant something that surpassed actual fags in every sense and is pretty darn small as well (smaller in height than a 900 mah ego + clearo).

And I'm only using 10mg juice at this stage.

Although theres nothing really stealthy about billowing out clouds of smoke under your desk :p
    8723051125_a08013aebf.jpg

*Picture is with an 1100 mah ego

It's great to see pics for comparison purposes.

The largest size battery I have is the above. I'm giving serious thought to upgrading and a Provari mini would be my first thought but for now I can't really get my head round the cost.

What would you recommend at a lesser cost? Is the 18350 telescope mod what you personally use? I don't 'drip' but does its atomizer take a Boge by any chance or do you remove the atomizer and attach the Boge (or a clearo) directly?

What would you recommend at a lesser cost? Is the 18350 telescope mod what you personally use? I don't 'drip' but does its atomizer take a Boge by any chance or do you remove the atomizer and attach the Boge (or a clearo) directly?

Yep the telescope is what I've been using for the past 7 months, dripping isn't really "drippy" though, you just top up when it feels like its running dry. It sounds messier than it actually is, I had been using various tanks, cartos etc ... but the dripping atomizer actually holds a good bit of juice and is handier when carrying around due to its size and a bottle of juice is the same size as a lighter so ...

The atomizer screws off, and you "can" use any 510 regular carto or clearo without an adaptor however IMHO using one defeats the purpose of getting a mechanical mod in the first place (raw power to a rebuildable coil).

I was completely against dripping BTW until I tried it regularly, and its actually easier than topping up a clearo and tastes a million times better.

The largest size battery I have is the above. I'm giving serious thought to upgrading and a Provari mini would be my first thought but for now I can't really get my head round the cost.

Well how much did fags cost you - take that into consideration?

If you can afford a Provari - get a Provari IMHO, it will pay for itself, and you can always sell it when you are done. Anything else and you will replace it a few months down the line so just more money down the sewer for something that will never be as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

Yep the telescope is what I've been using for the past 7 months, dripping isn't really "drippy" though, you just top up when it feels like its running dry. It sounds messier than it actually is, I had been using various tanks, cartos etc ... but the dripping atomizer actually holds a good bit of juice and is handier when carrying around due to its size and a bottle of juice is the same size as a lighter so ...

The atomizer screws off, and you "can" use any 510 regular carto or clearo without an adaptor however IMHO using one defeats the purpose of getting a mechanical mod in the first place (raw power to a rebuildable coil).

I was completely against dripping BTW until I tried it regularly, and its actually easier than topping up a clearo and tastes a million times better.

Well how much did fags cost you - take that into consideration?

If you can afford a Provari - get a Provari IMHO, it will pay for itself, and you can always sell it when you are done. Anything else and you will replace it a few months down the line so just more money down the sewer for something that will never be as good.

Thanks for your reply. Excuse my ignorance but I thought that dripping was topping up after every few drops and didn't allow you to carry your e-cig around unless it was empty? I also imagined that by using a dripper that the liquid would 'fall out' if it was not held upright?
    How many times a day would you have to top up?

As for the savings I've made so far - ~ €1500 :) minus ~ €500 laid out so far on bits n pieces...eGo C Twist being my fanciest bit of kit :o blush blush
    I take the Provari's also on your lust-list then?

Thanks for your reply. Excuse my ignorance but I thought that dripping was topping up after every few drops I also imagined that by using a dripper that the liquid would 'fall out' if it was not held upright?

Ok, technically yes, you do top up every - lets say 7-10 drops for me, which is about the same vapetime as 2 regular fags, how much you vape dictates the amount of topping up.

There is 2 types of dripping.

Direct atomizer dripping, basically dripping direct to a coil (Ihich i don't like it personally at all!)

Rebuildable wick dripping, where you drip onto a wick which is inside an atomizer (like mine above), you load the atomizer with juice initially (15-20 drops) and then top up whenever it feel like its starting to run dry. .

Wick dripping is less prone to leaks, you get more juice into the tank and you can customize your vape somewhat by varying the coils however you want and adjusting the airhole position.
    and didn't allow you to carry your e-cig around unless it was empty?
    You can leak slightly if not held upright or if you overfill, I keep mine standing on the desk or in a lanyard around my neck or shirt pocket with no major problems. It leaks only about as much as any clearo in the same situation TBH.

Seriously everyone should have a lanyard!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I think modern drippers are nearly more like a hybrid tank in a way. I guess Clockworks RDA broke the mold really. All of the modern drippers hold a reasonable volume too.

Modern ones don't tend to be as prone to leaking either.

Still, the Bulli Classic is one of the best vapes ever IMO but it can only hold a few drops or leaks like hell. If he'd design a new version with an airhole in the 510 connection it would be a cracker!

Am I only one around here with great love for T2s :(

The clearos aren't leaky for me at all, at least the current 3 I have anyways. No hassle transporting.

I've a small bottle of Apple Sin that is 24mg and the last week or so even it is not hitting the spot at all. I was chain vaping for about an hour and wanted a cigarette more than ever afterwards :(

I dunno what I'm doing wrong, if anything. It just doesn't satisfy cravingings at all. There is a large volume of vapour produced, my heart rate is up, my stomach is churning, I've had way too much nic from all I can tell yet headed outside for a fag.... :\

You must be addicted to a lot of the other ciggy stuff then.

Compare and contrast the effects of ecigs vs fags. Is it a certain physical hit you're missing?
    Is it the light-headed carbon monoxide feeling?
    Do you just love the taste of a burnt fag or associate it nostalgically with something?

I'll have to have a good think about it tbh. I can't put my finger on it at all. I started going outside on designated smoke breaks with the ecig to replicate the breaks and the escape from the office aspect. I went days with no cigs but with the ecig and was stressed out of my mind until I had an analogue.

I don't even like the smell / taste of cigarettes most of the time!! I've a lovely appely juice here and yet I'm yearning for a smoke.

It's nuts. There must be some aspect of smoking unfulfilled as you say but I'm totally at a loss. Will investigate!

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭damon5

Know the feeling :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

What I found when I started vaping was...as long as I kept my pv with me at all times, I was ok. I always had a pack of fags in the car or nearby in case of emergencies ;-) and the very odd time if I was stressed or something I would have one, especially if I was drinking.
    But after a while I realised I preferred vaping to smoking, then after a while, if I smoked, it would make me sick. When fags started making me sick, it felt great :-P cause I knew I was over them.
    My point is...keep your pv with you at all times, and dont feel guilty about wanting (or having a fag).

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭tjalana

Thanks everyone very helpful advice. RossFixxxed I know Gardiner Street pretty well but which end and which side as I would probably be coming from the lower end as in coming from Connolly Station or would it be up towards mountjoy square? I know you say a big sign but sometimes those big signs might be staring me in the face and I would still miss it...doh!!! Thanks a mil.

It is far nearer to the Lower Abbey street end. If Mountjoy Square is at your back it is on a corner on the left hand side of the road.

http://www.aardvarkmap.net/mape/KVC3VNTX

That should do it!

And here is their site: http://ovaleireland.com/

I've a lovely appely juice here and yet I'm yearning for a smoke.

Perhaps thats the issue, its "lovely", whereas your body associates cigarettes with a taste of something "not so lovely ?

While I like juicy Juices as my "all day" vape I prefer something more savory (in my case french coffee) and occasionally I'll vape something else like blueberry, strawberry, rootbeer etc, as a treat.

Finding that all-day replacement flavor is half the battle IMHO

What coffee concentrate do you use was? All the ones I've found have been majorly cack.

Its a local company unfortunately (one of the biggest DIY juice wholesalers here I think)

I had tried a multitude of other so-called coffee flavors and they were really horrible n' harsh, this one is smooth as silk especially in higher VG solutions. Took me a few batches to realize that I only needed .25 ml per 10ml.

Its my best seller too.

Its a local company...

...shít.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Ionised

grindle wrote: »
    What coffee concentrate do you use was? All the ones I've found have been majorly cack.

Tried a few coffee flavours (bit of an espresso addict) and the only one I liked was Halo Cafe Mocha (got it from The Vapour Store).

Ionised wrote: »
    Tried a few coffee flavours (bit of an espresso addict) and the only one I liked was Halo Cafe Mocha (got it from The Vapour Store).

Well, I know where to get good premade stuff (Highbrow Vapors' 'Cappuccino Diablo' is fantastic) but I want to find an amazing concentrate because I'm a cheap asshole.
    Inawera's taste like over-roasted coffee and Lorann's Keoke coffee might well qualify as some sort of throat and nose rape, it's absolutely vile. It's wrapped in layers of cling film inside multiple sealed/knotted airtight plastic bags and I can still smell it when I open my flavours case.
    Yet I don't dump it for some reason. I'm that kind of cheap asshole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭damon5

clear1x1.gifGrindle have you tried any of these two Highbrow choices Tabac De Perique and Exotic Blend...

Advertisement