Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Cigarettes - The original thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Bargain vapour are in Tipp, they might do collection if you give them a call: http://www.bargainvapour.com/storepage1274296.aspx

I know I saw another site doing collection as well, I'll try and find it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

TheBestShop do collection in Galway, but it's a bit of a spin

e-smokeireland.eu also offer collection in Dublin, and with the new motor way it's only a spin up the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 etcpub

I just buy them here on Talbot street in Dublin 1, there is something like a euro shop when u come from O Connell street and walk onto Talbot street, it's on the left before u hit the first junction, 20 euro for a starterkit, and it does the trick for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭maxflinn

Well, i phoned the guys at e-smokireland today, i spoke with both Sabrina and Paul and found them very friendly and helpful. I've ordered the XL dual coil starter pack and some Premium E-liquid, Paul also kindly threw in an extra 10mg bottle in a different flavour for me to try, and only charged me for two bottles of the three RY-C9 i ordered, so i'm eagerly awaiting my delivery tomorrow and will report back once i've had a try:)

Thanks for the help guys, Sir Digby in particular (loving that name:))..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

cool, glad to hear you got sorted
    filling your first couple of cartomisers can be a bit .. not tricky, but its hard to know when you're actually finished filling it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNx7itpv4fQ
    from 1 minutes or so is a good handy way to fill them the first time

you're best off keeping them always damp.. so instead of vaping them till completely dry and then refilling all over again.. vape for a bit, then drip a few drops of liquid onto the filler on the top of the cartomiser (try to acoid getting juice in the center air hole).
    if you keep vaping them until completely dry and then refilling all over again, it can lessen the overall life of the cartomiser so periodically topping up after a while vaping helps thhem last longer before needing to be replaced.

you'll get the hang of when is enough quickly enough, they're cheap enough that you can afford to make mistakes early on :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

Good call. Great system and very easy to use. I'm only at this a week and was comfortable with it in no time.

Ordered from e-smokeireland for the first time on Monday and was well impressed with their service and products too so hopefully it all works out for you

Thanks again Sir Digby, Guys, I've been using the e-cigs from e-smokeireland for a few days now and they're excellent, much better than the ones i used previously that i was getting from the chemist, "Green Smoke", there's no comparison really. They are much more satisfying.

I'm using the 2mg strength oil and may even go for something less strong when i next order, the flavours are both very nice too, the one i like most is "After 10 mint", though the RY-C9 is also very nice. I'll probably try a few more flavours going forward, i'm just relieved to have found such a good supplier that offers next day delivery and is very helpful and friendly to boot:)

The ry-c9 is amazing, and I don't generally go for the tobacco juices, but I'll definitely be ordering more of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭wingnut32

eeloe wrote: »
    The ry-c9 is amazing, and I don't generally go for the tobacco juices, but I'll definitely be ordering more of it!

RY-C10 came about by a bit of an accident, slightly different but nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭chainsawman

maxflinn wrote: »
    Thanks again Sir Digby, Guys, I've been using the e-cigs from e-smokeireland for a few days now and they're excellent, much better than the ones i used previously that i was getting from the chemist, "Green Smoke", there's no comparison really. They are much more satisfying.

I'm using the 2mg strength oil and may even go for something less strong when i next order, the flavours are both very nice too, the one i like most is "After 10 mint", though the RY-C9 is also very nice. I'll probably try a few more flavours going forward, i'm just relieved to have found such a good supplier that offers next day delivery and is very helpful and friendly to boot:)
    Monday, Tuesday , Wednesday.............. Happy Days..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

Is their address e-smokeireland.ie ? Doesn't seem to work for me. I've been using menthol now for 15 weeks and would like a change and that RY-09 you mention seems nice? Is it very tobacco-y:o (Forgive my terminology!)

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭wingnut32

e-smokeireland.eu

Shazanne wrote: »
    Is their address e-smokeireland.ie ? Doesn't seem to work for me. I've been using menthol now for 15 weeks and would like a change and that RY-09 you mention seems nice? Is it very tobacco-y:o (Forgive my terminology!)

The RY-C9, i normally don't go for tobacco juices, as they all taste horribly smokey and burnt to me, but this is something else, it's a lovely sweet, creamy, caramel type taste, every time i take a drag of it i want it more and more, and the bottle is as good as gone, so i'm gonna have to order another one!

eeloe wrote: »
    The RY-C9, i normally don't go for tobacco juices, as they all taste horribly smokey and burnt to me, but this is something else, it's a lovely sweet, creamy, caramel type taste, every time i take a drag of it i want it more and more, and the bottle is as good as gone, so i'm gonna have to order another one!
    I agree it's lovely, though i'd have said more malt like then caramel, though caramel's good too. It's lovely stuff either way, and much healthier than nasty cigarettes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

Freiheit wrote: »
    Is there anywhere they can be bought with a Laser card?

thevapourstore.ie does

that post was made 2 years ago... just about all the irish sites take laser

Took a delivery this morning, lots of new oils to try, that "wingnuts apple pie" is really nice. I'll check out some more of them later :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

I got a sample of Halo Belgian cocoa today, I like it, it won't replace my menthol ice but it's nice for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

sept09baby wrote: »
    Do http://www.ezsmoke.ie/ supply the Jasper & Jasper indivual ones to shops in Ireland? When I was stuck the other day I got one in my local garage. Not as nice as my ego but did the job til I got myself sorted.

If they do it would be worth giving them a ring to see if any shops or garages near you stock them
    Wife got them in Centra the other day €6.99,say eqiuivelant of 40 ciggs,get it hard to get a pull out of it even though i only smoke silk cut blue but i suppose if your stuck,was my first time trying one,anyone got suggestions for me to start on them besides these.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

I'd start with this kit:

http://e-smokeireland.eu/epages/950002218.sf/en_IE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/950002218/Products/DCCMEGAKIT

and 30ml of this liquid:

http://e-smokeireland.eu/epages/950002218.sf/en_IE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/950002218/Products/RYA/SubProducts/RYA2010&ChangeAction=SelectSubProduct

There's enough there to do you for a good few weeks. Will give you a much better hit and then you can play around with different flavours and different tops for the batteries (cartomisers, tanks, stardusts etc)

Cos there's so many variations it can be a bit overwhelming trying to figure it all out but if you start with that kit most of the things out there will fit and you can play around with them over time if you want

• Advertisement

id reccomend this
    http://e-smokeireland.eu/epages/950002218.sf/en_IE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/950002218/Products/DCCXLKIT

instead of the larger one but that's mainly because I wasn't crazy about the larger ones overall

http://e-smokeireland.eu/epages/950002218.sf/en_IE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/950002218/Products/%22Drip%20Tip%22/SubProducts/%22Drip%20TipBlack%22 you'll need one of these if you get the one in my post

instead of 30ml of that juice i'd say get 10ml of it and some more 10ml bottles of other juices, just in case you hate that ry4

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Lipzwithaz

Hey all im wondering does anybody know an irish site where i can get some VG cola E juice.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

Lipzwithaz wrote: »
    Hey all im wondering does anybody know an irish site where i can get some VG cola E juice.

Cheers

I think http://www.bestecig.ie/e_liquid.html may be able to help but you would have to email them at thebestecig@gmail.com to check for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

Hey lads, I'm an ex smoker whos been off them 2 years now, I used patches and read Alan Carrs book. The misses wants to quit but literally every single one of her friends smoke, and shes also afraid of putting on weight. Nothing shes tried in the past has worked, but now one of her friends is using an electric cigarette, she tired it and liked it so she wants to give it a go.

Ive read the first post in the thread and I realize this question has probably been asked a million times, but whats the general consensus on the best bang for your buck starter pack ?, she normally smokes about 15 to 20 a day.

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

Mod intervention in 3....2....1.....

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4 maintenance

i used ecigs ,started in march .now quit completely.
    i had been smoking for 25 years.towards the end i had been smoking 40 a day

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Allie1973

Lipzwithaz wrote: »

Cheers
    Hiya, dunno if this helps, I was at Blackrock Market last wend and there was a stall with e-cigs there, they had a demonstration kit there with tobacco, mint and cola to try, cola was good but weird at the same time :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Jumboman

My local spar is selling an e cigarette for 7euro, on the box it cliams its the equivalent of 40 real cigarettes.

Jumboman wrote: »
    My local spar is selling an e cigarette for 7euro, on the box it cliams its the equivalent of 40 real cigarettes.

yeah... it's not

the battery will give out long before you'd smoke 40 cigarettes, while it may technically not be a lie based on the amount of nicotine in the e-cig and 40 cigs there's just no way it would last 2 days for a normal 20 a day smoker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Jumboman wrote: »

Good luck with that.
    Cig equivelent is a bit of a misleading figure. I think they count the no of puff you get from a carto and divide by the no of puffs from a cig. Seems legit but the ecig works differently. To get the same 'hit' from an ecig requires a long draw so the puffs becomes redundant.
    Depending on frequency of e smoking anything from 3 hours to half a day, my guess is about 7 cigs equals 1 carto. Disposables are the most expencive way to vape but they do serve a function, 7 euro to give it a go and see if you think vaping might be what works to replace the cigs.
    If you think it will, get a better kit, say an ego and cartos with juice to fill them.
    Cost about 60 euro but will last as long as 60euros worth of cigs. Once that investment is made 15 euros a week should keep you cig free and vaping like a champ.

Advertisement