Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Cigarettes - The original thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

€15 a week if your chain Vaping!!!!

I'd say the average user is running about €10 a week once they settle on a device set up and a juice they like! ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

I agree. I buy two bottles of fluid at €15 each every two months or so. That's €3.75 a week is you divide €30 by 8 weeks! I am using an e-go and have it with me all the time and use it throughout the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭stuff.hunter

eeloe wrote: »
    €15 a week if your chain Vaping!!!!

I'd say the average user is running about €10 a week once they settle on a device set up and a juice they like! ;-)

yep, it sounds right ... im off real smokes 16mnths, being in the past an heavy smoker (40 per day, sometimes more) :)
    ..for now, ill say it costs me around tenner for juice (20 ml lasts for a week) plus around 7 - 8 for atomiser so it makes less than 20 quid p/w ..
    in compare to at least 100 spent for fags ... quite savings

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

In fairness, I do chain vape and toss cartos every second day.
    Still cheaper than smoking and more fun and ...thinks of another excuse ahhh I like it.
    Shame face.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭builttospill

May as well post here seeing as I'm a noob to the forum. I was just saying over in the after hours thread that I didn't even know there was a vaping forum. Shows how popular they are becoming!

I use www.eciggadgets.com for info, news and buying stuff while also I post on their forum as well. Again being a noob (on ecigs a few weeks) I was under the impression that this was the only website in Ireland dedicated to all things ecig related ie not just a shop. Eoin corrected me though. Again shows how quickly people are catching on. I'm still a little iffy about buying from certain foreign websites.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

I'm skeptical of an ecig site with little forum activity, high-priced goods and ridiculous product claims being owned by an SEO marketer and mentioned three times in three different threads, but I might be wrong.

Sorry if I am.

I know you've been a member here for a long time, so you might've found this guy's site accidentally somehow, but it seems weird.

Did you find that site through some kind of deal or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,006 ✭✭✭✭Esel

May as well post here seeing as I'm a noob to the forum. I was just saying over in the after hours thread that I didn't even know there was a vaping forum. Shows how popular they are becoming!
    Welcome aboard, me hearty! :)

Yeah, the forum has matured nicely, with loads of good info in the Stickies, and lots more available via Search This Forum.

Lots of threads giving requested advice re which kit to get; where to buy a kit and/or juice; threads on mixing your own juice; discount codes etc.

Edit: After reading RF's post just above, maybe we should get the plank ready? :eek:

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭builttospill

Hmmm. I feel like a bit of an idiot now. I was told about this site by a mate who had just started vaping before I did. I'm a total Luddite so technology isn't my strong point so I'm a little confused.

As I said I'm new to this vaping forum so I should probably start taking advice from here from now on.

Aaargh, 'tis all water under the keel at this stage. Just sign the Articles in blood and get to your bunk! :D

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭VEN

can someone recommend a good Tank preferably in white or similar that can handle VG liquids?
    i think someone mentioned that one way around it is to mix the pg with vg.
    i have decided i dont want to smoke pg anymore. i currently use a 510 Tank with pg liquids but
    i dont think its suitable for VG.
    i see these cartomizer things, maybe that would work.

thanks

• Advertisement

Hi Ven, cartomizers might be worse for VG. Their a wool type filler and VG is thick and gloopy.
    Thinning it with a few drops of vodka or ionized water works to thin it out.
    As you specified white I'm thinking your using one of the smaller battery cigs? If so then just go with thinning the juice, If you have an ego battery the Vivi novas, theirs a mini one sits flush with the ego battery, is useable with VG. Just remember to tipp it up so the juice can soak the wick. Vivis are clear tanks but I've seen white ones (white ish, more opaque than solid color).

• Registered Users Posts: 25 prudentkelly

Does anyone knows. Is it possible to clean the Atomizer Head? :
    http://e-smoke.ie/epages/950002445.sf/en_IE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/950002445/Products/%22eGo-C%20A%20Type%20Atomizer%20Head%22
    Do I need to buy new when I change the flavor of the liquid, how can I clean them??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Does anyone knows. Is it possible to clean the Atomizer Head? :
    http://e-smoke.ie/epages/950002445.sf/en_IE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/950002445/Products/%22eGo-C%20A%20Type%20Atomizer%20Head%22
    Do I need to buy new when I change the flavor of the liquid, how can I clean them??

put them in a bowl with hot but not boiling water for a while, take out and leave to dry.

Put in a cup of vodka and leave for a few hours and then take out, drain and leave to dry.

I found that when they burn they stay burned and the taste will dramatically decrease after each clean. Also if the taste is the same after cleaning then its screwed. at least mine were anyway.

put them in a bowl with hot but not boiling water for a while, take out and leave to dry.

Put in a cup of vodka and leave for a few hours and then take out, drain the vodka into a glass to drink later and leave the atomiser to dry.
    FYP

Alcohol kills germs... :)

Not your ornery onager

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

pure alcohol, surely
    otherwise we'd have beer in urinals and pint glasses on the walls of public toilets

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

id reccomend this
    http://e-smokeireland.eu/epages/950002218.sf/en_IE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/950002218/Products/DCCXLKIT

instead of the larger one but that's mainly because I wasn't crazy about the larger ones overall

http://e-smokeireland.eu/epages/950002218.sf/en_IE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/950002218/Products/%22Drip%20Tip%22/SubProducts/%22Drip%20TipBlack%22 you'll need one of these if you get the one in my post

instead of 30ml of that juice i'd say get 10ml of it and some more 10ml bottles of other juices, just in case you hate that ry4

Any chance you could remember what the kit you were recommending here was Digby? Links not working for me.

Trying to pick a kit to get started with and you seem to know your stuff :)

EDIT:

Guessing this may have been the starter kit?

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/xldcc.htm

yeah thats the one I linked but everyone has moved on to this now

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/kangtwist.htm

i havent used them (well i've used those batteries, they are good) but the kangers are what just about everyone is reccomending to new vapers these days. from all the reviews and comments they do seem better than cartomisers

yeah thats the one I linked but everyone has moved on to this now

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/kangtwist.htm

i havent used them (well i've used those batteries, they are good) but the kangers are what just about everyone is reccomending to new vapers these days. from all the reviews and comments they do seem better than cartomisers

Cool, since that kit comes with a sample pack of liquid I assume it's got everything I would need to get started?

Any idea if those guys have a collection option? I'm away on a business trip friday morning and would like to be able to bring it with me. Had a look on the website and they're pretty close to my office so would be handy.

yeah you can collect in person, just email them or.. i think there's a phone number on the website too

yeah you can collect in person, just email them or.. i think there's a phone number on the website too

Brilliant, thanks a million for your help. I'm particular impressed by your rapid response times :)

• Advertisement

Last thing, 600mAH battery ok or is the larger one worth the extra few quid?

i'm unemployed and I hate watching television :)

im not sure which of the kangers is best the t2 or the t3... the t3's are newer. I've pretty much settled on one thing to vape on so I haven't really been keeping up with what's been happening with newer devices.

from reading a few threads here the last while I think people kinda prefer the t3's.. wouldnt be sure though

--edit

650mah should last you most of the day, it depends on how often you're vaping. the 900mah's will last a good bit longer before needing tob e recharged, but it's pretty damn long. the 650mah is big enough but is a decent size imo.

havent tried the T3's myself but in terms of user friendliness the T2's are great, untwist the top, squirt liquid in and screw it top on and then screw onto battery. ready to go.

Yes, if you don't mind them being a bit longer, length wise. About another 3 hours time wise, as in youll get about 9 hours from a 900 and 6 from a 600mAh. As in everything YMMV.

Thanks folks, just sent them an email - hopefully I'll be able to report back tomorrow.

Picking up tomorrow at 2pm :)

Anyone want to help me pick the best five flavours of the Wingnuts Premium E-liquid for my sample pack?

Swedish Fish!

And Honey Wood Tobacco!

Any more?

If you llike whiskey fudge get the whiskey fudge.

people seem to like the orange ice pop too.

• Advertisement

Orange Ice Pop!

Gummy Bears!

I haven't tried it yet, but Juicy Fruit Stripe has to be nice.

I'd pick up a couple of House of Liquid samplers as well. They're great tobaccos.

Advertisement