Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuesday 12th - Strong winds, Heavy Rain & Surprise Snow

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

Is Shannon gone again? http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/
    Or has that thing heading to Wolfe taken it out on its way:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,503 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Fck me something similar here:eek: low growl/rumbling never heard it before, im in galway, its bloody scarey locked front door! my guesstimate is big drop in air pressure is doing something to sea/land/our ears etc, very strange though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

irish1967 wrote: »
    I started to write a post there but deleted it cause I was kinda freaking myself out. :)
    Haha Irish

Won't allow me to upload an audio file. It is not coming out great anyway as it is so base-y sounding. .

Just to paint a picture for you. That is due SW from me. That forest is less than a mile from me but the winds are coming from the East. The noise is more or less coming from that location but it is continuing to grow and wrap itself around the hills. I am sure there is a logical answer and I will go with the atlantic ocean churning itself up one. Although, in my 30 years living here and being a weather freak I ahve never heard it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

irish1967 wrote: »
    I too went out for a listen and I am at the other end of the country. Strange night out. Almost a sense of foreboding about it.

Irish1967, you're right there is a strange atmosphere out there, almost made the hairs on the back of my neck stick up, it was so potent you could almost reach out and touch it whatever it is, like a sense of impending doom.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭isle of man

Fck me something similar here:eek: low growl/rumbling never heard it before, im in galway, its bloody scarey locked front door! my guesstimate is big drop in air pressure is doing something to sea/land/our ears etc, very strange though...

id hedge me best that what it is.
    is scary as hell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Chicken Run

Bloody hell - was just checking in before bed...and you do this to me !!!! eep...

1.2C here and a brisk chilly SE...no humming, well nowt out of the ordinary anyway.

Animals seem to be behaving normally - if it's really windy the horse gets a bit freaked out but he's quiet at the moment.

Got an absolutely banging headache though which is normally a bad sign as far as weather's concerned (although it could be a side effect of snow-blindness, or the fact I'm trying to stop off the drink at least 1 night per week)

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭doubleglaze

Can't hear a thing.

Not a dog bark or howl in the parish either!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Johnny1999

Now lads your scaring the sh* t ou of me I only came to see if it was snowing anywhere! Now wolf is hearing the galloping of the four horsemen!:D

Going to drive to the top of the hill and have a listen

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭doccy

WolfeIRE wrote: »

Nooooo, don't go up the hill Wolfe, have you never watched a B-movie horror!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Cian92

Rain here in Cork:mad::(

dont forget to tell the wife u be back soon and northing can happin that that your safe:D

Can't hear a thing.

Not a dog bark or howl in the parish either!

quiet here - had put it down to the fact we have a lot of lying snow still and it deadens all sounds
    Johnny1999 wrote: »
    Now lads your scaring the sh* t ou of me I only came to see if it was snowing anywhere! Now wolf is hearing the galloping of the four horsemen!:D

It's like teens telling ghost stories at a sleepover :D

eep !!! It's Captain Oates ^^^ Stay safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,805 ✭✭✭Calibos

With a user name like yours I would have thought you'd have more sense than to drive to the top of the hill on a night like tonight. Did you never see American Werewolf in London??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Rougies

Hello again people. I've finally gotten over the thaw.. It's very difficult watching your magical winter paradise getting ripped to shreds and not being able to do anything about it. But there's still interesting times ahead in the short term and quite probably in the medium/long term.
    So what's next? I see there's a storm a brewin! :)

we're all sitting here on pins waiting for Wolfe to report back.....could be a long night...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭wushu

we're all sitting here on pins waiting for Wolfe to report back.....could be a long night...
    Yea..who needs tv :cool:

back...give me sec:eek::confused::(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Rougies

back...give me sec:eek::confused::(

This is going to be interesting :D

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Murphdog94

Rougies wrote: »
    Hello again people. I've finally gotten over the thaw.. It's very difficult watching your magical winter paradise getting ripped to shreds and not being able to do anything about it. But there's still interesting times ahead in the short term and quite probably in the medium/long term.
    So what's next? I see there's a storm a brewin! :)

Seconded!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Bloody hell - was just checking in before bed...and you do this to me !!!! eep...

1.2C here and a brisk chilly SE...no humming, well nowt out of the ordinary anyway.

Animals seem to be behaving normally - if it's really windy the horse gets a bit freaked out but he's quiet at the moment.

Got an absolutely banging headache though which is normally a bad sign as far as weather's concerned (although it could be a side effect of snow-blindness, or the fact I'm trying to stop off the drink at least 1 night per week)

I got that banging headache tonight also , left me week at knees , two pandol acti fast and a lye down has done the job !

I'm intrigued as to what's going on at Wolfe's, it's been the snow partrol the last weeks , but I don't really know what to call this situation !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

& now hes freaking me out :eek::eek:

Rougies wrote: »
    This is going to be interesting :D

next-door neighbour playing the didgeridoo ??

Sorry..

drove up, stopped car and got out. Whatever neighbours I have must be all in bed as there was only one light in the distance. Pitch black around me.

All I could hear as i got out was the crunch of lying snow which freaked the crap out me.

held my breath and listened and the feckin noise was there (i am the other side of the forest in that pic now) to the SW. Seems like it is coming from a long way away but yet you could just reach out and touch the damn banshee. It is an intense low grumbling noise.

The fear of being eaten by something made me jump into the car. started it and door still open. tried to take off too quickly and skidded like a idiot on first rev. locked the doors and was looking all around me for mr psycho to beat the crap out of me.

home now. Noise seems like its louder again so I probably brought the feckin yoke home with me.

I am a rational person but this has just freaked me. I know imagination can play trick with you but the noise is just there. I can hear the damn thing out my window now.

sorry to annoy. it must be that it's a big bad bugger of a storm tearing the tail out of the atlantic. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,364 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Sound track re "searching for the sound"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8Ca_edg6RE

Sound track re "searching for the sound"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8Ca_edg6RE
    listen to this while reading my post and you will get a sense of how bloody scared i was up there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭wushu

Sorry..

drove up, stopped car and got out. Whatever neighbours I have must be all in bed as there was only one light in the distance. Pitch black around me.

All I could hear as i got out was the crunch of lying snow which freaked the crap out me.

held my breath and listened and the feckin noise was there (i am the other side of the forest in that pic now) to the SW. Seems like it is coming from a long way away but yet you could just reach out and touch the damn banshee. It is an intense low grumbling noise.

The fear of being eaten by something made me jump into the car. started it and door still open. tried to take off too quickly and skidded like a idiot on first rev. locked the doors and was looking all around me for mr psycho to beat the crap out of me.

home now. Noise seems like its louder again so I probably brought the feckin yoke home with me.

I am a rational person but this has just freaked me. I know imagination can play trick with you but the noise is just there. I can hear the damn thing out my window now.

sorry to annoy. it must be that it's a big bad bugger of a storm tearing the tail out of the atlantic. :confused:
    :eek::eek:what ever sleep i was looking forward to tonight is now in the past lol oh well :rolleyes:

Anyway, whats the weather for tomorrow? :)
    :(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Gotten very windy here in the last 30 minutes.

• Advertisement

Sorry..

dont you hate when that happins. all the man in us gos to the ass of our pants.
    fight or fle yes we fle lol.

must be one hell of a storm on its way:eek:

Advertisement