Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Big Freeze ( Sunday 10th January )

Options
1757677787981»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭isle of man

snaps wrote: »
    Look at how quick that Atlantic Low/Front is steaming in. Not far off the Cork/Kerry coast now.

www.sat24.com

is that hot weather with lots of rain:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,758 ✭✭✭✭JPA

I'm going to live in hope of this weather happening on Tuesday, http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/10209

I don't know why the BBC are going against just about everyone else by predicting snow. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Nothing here yet. Wind has really gotten up though can hear it howling in the chimney.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

snaps wrote: »
    Look at how quick that Atlantic Low/Front is steaming in. Not far off the Cork/Kerry coast now.

www.sat24.com

but when it meets the artic air..will it fall as sneactha??

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Cian92

JPA wrote: »
    I'm going to live in hope of this weather happening on Tuesday, http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/10209

I don't know why the BBC are going against just about everyone else by predicting snow. :confused:

I live in hope..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭chris2007

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭moonbug33

just after making 3 good snow men........stll snowing.....but seems to be tailing off.....at least 2 inches fell here in mid Kerry.....0c

• Registered Users Posts: 7,316 ✭✭✭naughto

still nothing here had a rain shower thats all

• Registered Users Posts: 7,316 ✭✭✭naughto

chris2007 wrote: »
    i dont think so

• Registered Users Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

francosp wrote: »
    Lashing rain.... :(
    Time to shut this thread down perhaps? The freeze of Jan '10 is now history.
    We've now had two easterlies this winter that promised so much but in the end they were both miserable affairs.(all the snow we got were in the form of convective showers) I'm now convinced that I'll never see a 1980s easterly again.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭jaffa20

naughto wrote: »
    i dont think so

Well it is now monday....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

RAIN :(

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭isle of man

aint it intill a Mod locks it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭John mac

last post :)

still raining in Foxford

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

fryup wrote: »
    but when it meets the artic air..will it fall as sneactha??

I wouldnt call the air we are in arctic anymore.

The front is around 3 hrs away from the SW Munster coast at the rate its picked up speed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    http://www.radarvirtuel.com/

One of the more interesting sites I have come across in a while is the above showing flights over Europe. It was interesting to see the drop in activity when dublin and cork airports closed.

Instead of just saying thanks at the bottom of your post i wanted to thank you personally for this website, i've been looking for a site like this for years now as we get alot of air traffic over Waterford and i was always wondering where they were going. Cheers WolfeIRE :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,434 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Snowing again in Bandon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Hammering down snow here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement