Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Big Freeze ( Sunday 10th January )

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭whitemocha

here are my pictures from saggart taken an hour or so ago with my cooool new camera:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

started again in leixlip.big heavy flakes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    Just to remind you of the HIRLAM link again for anyone wishing to know how much precip they will see between now and Monday night. Everyone will get snow. It's what happens from Monday afternoon that is the million drachma question

http://www.dmi.dk/dmi/index/danmark/vejrkort.htm
    click on nedbor

By the way, if you think you are frustrated with the lack of or too much snow then listen to this skit
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7b5rcamAVm8
    I think I may have posted this before xmas. If I did sry.

Going by that link I'll have snow from SuNday 12:00 till like 2:00 am Monday Morning :confused:
    EDIT:Not Subday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

duckysauce wrote: »
    will dublin be open for business on monday ?:p

By the looks of things I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

NufcNavan wrote: »
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/10094

Pick the British Isles map. Snow for Monday night and Tuesday in Leinster.

Looks good on that

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,461 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Ricky91t wrote: »
    Going by that link I'll have snow from Subday 12:00 till like 2:00 am Monday Morning :confused:

That is the worry, yes!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Bishop_Donal

I'm off to bed (safe in the knowledge that this is going to keep rattling on for another few hours...and then the big Sunday/Monday event....and then the big Tuesday event).

uk_britradar_201001100030.gifspacer.gifsites_biradar.gifspacer.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

duckysauce wrote: »
    how?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=63906455&postcount=59
    Its the increase of weight due to ice on the cables that stresses them. i.e. their weight increases to such an extent that they break.
    Although it is worth noting that ESB Networks have carried out extensive line renewal works over the past few years.

Yikes, what the heck has happened my text. Sorry, I’ll try and fix it for the next post :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

Going by that link I'll have snow from Subday 12:00 till like 2:00 am Monday Morning :confused:
    yes. that is about right.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

My hands are fff-fff-fff--fffffuppin' freezin! I went out to see what it was like and my hands feel like they're gonna fall off :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Back garden,
    The dog after doing lines of the back garden,
    Salt supply doing the job nicely.All that snow didn't make a dent on it.

Speaking of dogs, and salt, have any of the rest of ye that have dogs have any problems when they walk on patches of pathways that have been salted? Our two starting limping, holding up one or other of there legs for a little while, it must sting them? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,296 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Mulhuddart D15.

Started up nice and heavy in the last 2 minutes.

The largest flakes of the night, and loads of clouds in the sky as far as my drunken eye can see, I can see no stars at all. Not much wind either to move the clouds.

This is the big one. Defcon 6 time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

good night all. The next 36 hours are going to be memorable. If you love snow then enjoy tomorrow. Do not worry about milder weather next week, which is far from certain for a lot of the country imo. It's all up in the air :D:D:D:D...erm ...ahem.

Nite

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

Speaking of dogs, and salt, have any of the rest of ye that have dogs have any problems when they walk on paths of pathways that have been salted? Our two starting limping, holding up one or other of there legs for a little while, it must sting them? :confused:

Its burning their feet due to the reaction the salt is causing to the ice/snow. Get them some slippers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

That is the worry, yes!:D

That doesn't worry me :D

Snow = No buses = No college :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

good night all. The next 36 hours are going to be memorable. If you love snow then enjoy tomorrow. Do not worry about milder weather next week, which is far from certain for a lot of the country imo. It's all up in the air :D:D:D:D...erm ...ahem.

Nite

aaaww night Wolfe! I should go myself too i guess but i'm too excited!:D

Its burning their feet due to the reaction the salt is causing to the ice/snow. Get them some slippers.

I think I may do! :p, its hard to walk them and not enounter salt somewhere, even where you try avoid it! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

just started lightly snowing here in north kilkenny,thats the first bit all nite so far.lets hope its turns in to heavier stuff :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭diddlybit

Speaking of dogs, and salt, have any of the rest of ye that have dogs have any problems when they walk on patches of pathways that have been salted? Our two starting limping, holding up one or other of there legs for a little while, it must sting them? :confused:

Oh my heart is breaking, the poor things. Doggie booties, they'll be the best dressed dogs in town;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Eglinton

That's possible. Quite a few animals have sensitive sensory nerves in their feet for various reasons. A dog's paws probably have something there. You know how uncomfortable salt in a wound can be. I'd say it's something similar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

That doesn't worry me :D

Snow = No buses = No college :pac:

= plenty of time for photographs ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

Heavy snow has just started to fall in clonsilla

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Snowing now in Errill, Co. Laois. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!

I really hope it does...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    What are ye lads thinking as regards the chance of serious snow in the Limerick region tomorrow?

The Met Eireann Outlook reads like the apocalypse, whereas the other weather sites I have looked at only seem to give a light enough snow for Limerick (if any).

We were only ment to have occasional showers,so keep the heart.The showers havent stopped all night:P,you will get your snow dont worry:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Nite

Lol nite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

bassy wrote: »
    just started lightly snowing here in north kilkenny,thats the first bit all nite so far.lets hope its turns in to heavier stuff :):)

Sooner the better, these stars twinkling down at me are trying to annoy me, and succeeding!!!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

diddlybit wrote: »
    Oh my heart is breaking, the poor things. Doggie booties, they'll be the best dressed dogs in town;)

Doggie uggs:P

Sooner the better, these stars twinkling down at me are trying to annoy me, and succeeding!!!:mad:

The stars can be oh so pretty too! :) Imagine if there was cloud cover and your view of them was obscured!! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,296 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

The largest flakes of the night, and loads of clouds in the sky as far as my drunken eye can see, I can see no stars at all. Not much wind either to move the clouds.

This is the big one. Defcon 6 time.

Baah, only lasted 10 minutes, stopped now.

(Mulhuddart D15).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement