Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Big Freeze ( Sunday 10th January )

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Haven't noticed that CroppyBoy. None of the paths around my way are salted. Only problem I had today was getting the clumps of icy snow off her legs and belly that were matted into her coat after a walk. I had to get the hair dryer out to melt them off.:eek:

Our two are clipped tight, so luckily thats not a problem, but I know it can be a pain alright, once its sticks at all it just gathers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    before i go.

http://www.yr.no/satellitt/1.5941760

take a look at the above. Takes 60 secs to load. then press play. you can drag timeline manually too. That system or band or mass of precip is now encroaching from the SE. Will make landfall by 6am. Batton down the hatches and lock your daughters up!

Looking at that animation for the past few hours. Brilliant site.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Kilkenny City outskirts...

Temperature: -5.3 °C
    Dew Point: -5.6 °C

It's snowing again. A little heavier than before, but it's still light. Hope it continues through the night and I wake up to loads of fresh white stuff.

Night all.

White dreams!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Okay fellow Cats......its just started here! Long may it last :)

Bout time!!!!!!!!!!!

Time for a row of 15 smilies methinks . . .

:D;):p:):rolleyes::eek::pac::cool::D:pac::):rolleyes:;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭mwrf

before i go.

take a look at the above. Takes 60 secs to load. then press play. you can drag timeline manually too. That system or band or mass of precip is now encroaching from the SE. Will make landfall by 6am. Batton down the hatches and lock your daughters up!

That really is a fantastic image. :) Bring it on

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

cbreeze wrote: »
    They should get their paws washed in fresh water to remove the salt - otherwise they will lick it off and salt is bad for them

I took her out for a go on the sleigh down the hill earlier & she started snorting all way down & back - I bet she got salt up her nose .....

whitemocha wrote: »
    oh no dont say that i was just going to bed:P:pac:

There will be no sleeping during this snow event :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

holly1 wrote: »
    We were only ment to have occasional showers,so keep the heart.The showers havent stopped all night:P,you will get your snow dont worry:)

I'm blaming you if we don't get a serious snow in Limerick :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

before i go.

:eek:

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

more than 220 posts in an hour in the middle of the night!!!

Impressive:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

Seems this is going to be more severe then the ordinary joe-soap has been led to believe . . .

Thanks for your advice today Sierra,all is well.Left the loft door open turned up the heat and it came back after a few hours.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Rougies

oh no dont say that i was just going to bed:P:pac:

Looks to be heading slightly north this time.... but we'll see :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

Elnin09 wrote: »
    Just took a stroll around my estate in leixlip. The snow debt is unreal. Cant even imagine what it will be like come this time tomorrow if we get the expected snow thats forecast.

where in leixlip are ya, walked from castletown to oaklawn earlier and its something else.cant remember leixlip ever getting this amount before.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

385 people online on the weather forum in the middle of the night is impressive! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭jds0ur

Rougies wrote: »
    Dublin City area, prepare for another downfall in the next half hour :)

Here we go again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Elnin09

Events like this dont occur too often so im here for the long haul :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭whitemocha

Jake1 wrote: »
    There will be no sleeping during this snow event :)

there has to bed when you have a 6 and 3 year old waiting to jump on you at 7am to go out and build snowmen:D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Macca3000

Trying to contain myself but...

...some small snowflakes falling here in Kells :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

jenzz wrote: »
    Night hun - give me baby a big squishy night night.. Has he seen the snow yet ??[/QU

cheers nice bit of sat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

How about trying Vaseline on the dog's paws? Might help as it'll form a barrier. Might need to wipe it off though if bringing the dogs into the house after a walk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Are any of the rest of ye keeping record of this cold spell? Apart from photo's like? I'm keeping a day by day hand written journal. Temps (highs, lows etc) type of day, whether there was snow or not, I think it'll be interesting to flick back through in years to come, a nice momento as we may not see another winter like this for a while, seems to be the 'every 20 years or so' thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭pedigree

Hi
    I have just driven from Dublin Airport to Narraghmore Co Kildare, snowing all the way. Fair play to all the artic drivers doing 50kmph down the Naas bypass.
    Pedigree

there has to bed when you have a 6 and 3 year old waiting to jump on you at 7am to go out and build snowmen:D;)

Ok, you are allowed so :) No one else moves :)

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

Soooo...

I'm back....

jayzus cold out there

here's some pics...

DSC06897.JPG
    DSC06884.JPG
    DSC06895.JPG
    DSC06902.JPG
    DSC06899.JPG

I'm also currently uploading an 11 minute video of me wandering through the snizzle and drunkenly pontificating...

errr

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,466 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Are any of the rest of ye keeping record of this cold spell? Apart from photo's like? I'm keeping a day by day hand written journal. Temps (highs, lows etc) type of day, whether there was snow or not, I think it'll be interesting to flick back through in years to come, a nice momento as we may not see another winter like this for a while, seems to be the 'every 20 years or so' thing.

As long as the Boards.ie team keeps a database hard copy backup of the Weather Forum, I will be happy!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭jds0ur

Jake1 wrote: »
    Ok, you are allowed so :) No one else moves :)

Wont be goin anywhere till daybreak :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Rougies

The great thing about this event is we will have loads of pics and vids to remember it by unlike any event in the past. There's ONE video on youtube from 1982, there's going to be hundreds this time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

MilanPan!c wrote: »
    Soooo...

I'm back....

jayzus cold out there

here's some pics...

DSC06897.JPG
    DSC06884.JPG
    DSC06895.JPG
    DSC06902.JPG
    DSC06899.JPG

I'm also currently uploading an 11 minute video of me wandering through the snizzle and drunkenly pontificating...

errr

lovely jubby!! GREAT great keep em coming!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭mwrf

MilanPan!c wrote: »
    Soooo...

I'm back....

jayzus cold out there

here's some pics..

errr

great work!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Tactical wrote: »
    How about trying Vaseline?.
    Might help as it'll form a barrier.
    Might need to wipe it off though .

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

This discussion has been closed.