Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Big Freeze ( Sunday 10th January )

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,503 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Sound out Leahly:D, I have observed your fantical devotion to snow over the last while I will get the dog to do a "snow dance tonight":) a I must go back and see who owned that lovely dog, as regard the poster on about a dream (good dream) yes it is real and thank you it is a lovely moment, just need FecKIn snow:o (tommorow i know I know;))... too many people in life are worried about image, what the media say, what is "right" i really like this weathers forum due to the 99% of lack of bull****, most here are very nice, which is a first i have found online;) so "Salut":D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Alicat wrote: »
    Well yeah, a few minutes! :D
    hi nice to meet people in same region anyway bak to weather its pelting dwn again in d17 tink we must of got at least 5cm at this stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 theevilmonkey

Are any of the rest of ye keeping record of this cold spell? Apart from photo's like? I'm keeping a day by day hand written journal. Temps (highs, lows etc) type of day, whether there was snow or not, I think it'll be interesting to flick back through in years to come, a nice momento as we may not see another winter like this for a while, seems to be the 'every 20 years or so' thing.

You ever kissed a girl son??;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

I keep pressing f5 on met.ie, can't wait to see the next radar image!!!

* changes tab and presses f5*

It's up!! and the snow isn't going south:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭diddlybit

whitemocha wrote: »
    there has to bed when you have a 6 and 3 year old waiting to jump on you at 7am to go out and build snowmen:D;)

There are plenty of over grown children online here that will be jumping up and down in glee at 7am at the prospect of building snowmen too:D

That is, of course, if the snow beers don't have too much of a detrimental effect :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

As long as the Boards.ie team keeps a database hard copy backup of the Weather Forum, I will be happy!

:D

Haha, very good! :D Oh, and I meant to say, get those pics developed people, dont leave them sitting on memory cards, cd's or hard drives where they may be lost forever by some technical glitch, get some hard copies...the auld fashioned way! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭whitemocha

night all and wish every county in ireland gets snowwwwwwww:cool:

theres another big load of snow clouds heading this way :)

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

the pics don't do it justice... the vid prolly will, but it'll probably also be a bit controversial...

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,329 ✭✭✭naughto

will u post the image

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Ughhhhhhhhh..........kiss a girl?! Girls have cooties dont cha' know!!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Rougies

And right on cue, the next blizzard has arrived!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭greeno

latest met.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Are any of the rest of ye keeping record of this cold spell? Apart from photo's like? I'm keeping a day by day hand written journal. Temps (highs, lows etc) type of day, whether there was snow or not, I think it'll be interesting to flick back through in years to come, a nice momento as we may not see another winter like this for a while, seems to be the 'every 20 years or so' thing.

Come on Boards in 20 years time, Remember the snow in Jan 2010? Still have great memories of 82. Shame the interweb wasn't around back then to capture all the details from around the country.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,566 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Rougies wrote: »

yep, coming down in Sandyford again too. Not blizzard levels though but moderate. This is getting a bit crazy, I needed to do something first thing involving the car. Not looking good for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Been sprinkling here and there troughout the day, sticking well :D

4261192956_853d79b6d0_o.jpg

I was lazy though didnt venture outside:p too cozy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Rambling rose

dont say that :(

BTW that snow shower was short lived :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭murrayp4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Rougies

Rougies wrote: »

you're next whitemocha ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

greeno wrote: »
    latest met.ie

Bloody heck I am not surprised you are all after getting a lot of snow in Dublin & Wicklow. That is going to drop a nice amount of snow along the way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

No need for that. Just a few people on here having a mature discussion on the weather and you have to come along with you nay-say-ery.

naughto wrote: »
    will u post the image

Won't copy and paste for me, link is here though

http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭mwrf

Snowing again here, not a blizzard, but heavy nonetheless

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

If i go to bed now i will wake up and there will be snow.....:D tink i go to bed...me tired:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭diddlybit

Snow showers again in Ranelagh! Last time I aws out for a shivery cigarette there was about 8 inches in the back garden...cant wait to see it in the morning (or later)

(Saw a fox running along in it too which was insanely lovely to see. I know, what a sap:))

No need for that. Just a few people on here having a mature discussion on the weather and you have to come along with you nay-say-ery.

I don't think us all wanting to go out and build snowmen at the first avialble oppurtunity counts as mature . . .:D

balls its heading in the wrong direction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Bucketing down now! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

temp rising here

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement