Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Big Freeze ( Sunday 10th January )

Options

Comments

Its coming down sideways again in Lucan :)
    Big fat flakes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

Ricky91t wrote: »
    Going by that link I'll have snow from SuNday 12:00 till like 2:00 am Monday Morning :confused:
    EDIT:Not Subday

Christ that has me kicking off shortly until 14:00 Monday - Jaysus - I can smell a 1982 .................

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭RockPaper

Good night everyone from a snowless Waterford-here's hoping we wake up to a nice covering tomorrow..well I can dream;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

the flakes are huge now in leixlip.very little wind, its lovely to look at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

The stars can be oh so pretty too! :) Imagine if there was cloud cover and your view of them was obscured!! :P

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Rambling rose

bassy wrote: »
    just started lightly snowing here in north kilkenny,thats the first bit all nite so far.lets hope its turns in to heavier stuff :):)

send some to South KK pleeease

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Blogger50

Been snowing here now for two hours....almost four inches!!! Yay!!!! :D Happy snow watching everyone and I hope everyone gets whats promised! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

you getting any ?:) lol
    Sooner the better, these stars twinkling down at me are trying to annoy me, and succeeding!!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Hi all!! unreal cold in galway again, its getting very exciting now on here, lovely log fire on... Jameson 12 year old in the gullet:cool:, lidl atomic clock in the field covered in ice;), and dog happy out asleep beside me:p, on that note Leahly (?) is that a german shepard i see gawking out the window?? (as ye saw in cork;)) on the last thread superb stuff good pics also, the dog seems as entertained as our dog (alo GS) she shot of today through the frost, got covered in it, had to be wiped down of it then ran after robin, she was very upset when the bloody bird flew away!!! :D anyhow like your posts i think you might have the same 7 year old mentality as me:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

Oh thats just mean...ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Speaking of dogs, and salt, have any of the rest of ye that have dogs have any problems when they walk on patches of pathways that have been salted? Our two starting limping, holding up one or other of there legs for a little while, it must sting them? :confused:

Haven't noticed that CroppyBoy. None of the paths around my way are salted. Only problem I had today was getting the clumps of icy snow off her legs and belly that were matted into her coat after a walk. I had to get the hair dryer out to melt them off.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

it should,nt be far off yours rose,i was waiting all nite.taught i would,nt see any.still lightly falling here,no heavey stuff yet.
    send some to South KK pleeease

That questions just a little bit too personal!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Alicat wrote: »
    My hands are fff-fff-fff--fffffuppin' freezin! I went out to see what it was like and my hands feel like they're gonna fall off :(
    Alicat ar u just down d road frm me,im clare hall

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Hi all!! unreal cold in galway again, its getting very exciting now on here, lovely log fire on... Jameson 12 year old in the gullet:cool:, lidl atomic clock in the field covered in ice;), and dog happy out asleep beside me:p, on that note Leahly (?) is that a german shepard i see gawking out the window?? (as ye saw in cork;)) on the last thread superb stuff good pics also, the dog seems as entertained as our dog (alo GS) she shot of today through the frost, got covered in it, had to be wiped down of it then ran after robin, she was very upset when the bloody bird flew away!!! :D anyhow like your posts i think you might have the same 7 year old mentality as me:pac::pac::pac:

Not my pics i'm afraid cretin! I just commented on how hilarious the pic with the dog was!! I think it was Irishman - forgive me can't remember name - put up pics:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

Jake1 wrote: »
    Its coming down sideways again in Lucan :)
    Big fat flakes
    Still waiting in the Pennyhill part of Lucan!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

t|nt|n wrote: »
    New plan.... meet you halfway between Sallins and Clane !!!! :D:D:D

Could end up snowed in at this rate , has not stopped all nite !

Anyone know where one might purchase a snowboard in this country ?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Elnin09

Just took a stroll around my estate in leixlip. The snow debt is unreal. Cant even imagine what it will be like come this time tomorrow if we get the expected snow thats forecast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭WolfeIRE

before i go.

http://www.yr.no/satellitt/1.5941760

take a look at the above. Takes 60 secs to load. then press play. you can drag timeline manually too. That system or band or mass of precip is now encroaching from the SE. Will make landfall by 6am. Batton down the hatches and lock your daughters up!

it should,nt be far off yours rose,i was waiting all nite.taught i would,nt see any.still lightly falling here,no heavey stuff yet.

Where are you iin north kk???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Sounds like a dream

Eglinton wrote: »
    That's possible. Quite a few animals have sensitive sensory nerves in their feet for various reasons. A dog's paws probably have something there. You know how uncomfortable salt in a wound can be. I'd say it's something similar.

Check this website , boots and pawstick (chapstick) for dawgs:)#The pawstick is to stop salt stinging, aw bless

http://www.muttluks.com/our_products/index.php

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Rougies

Dublin City area, prepare for another downfall in the next half hour :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

delw wrote: »
    Alicat ar u just down d road frm me,im clare hall

Well yeah, a few minutes! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Rambling rose

Okay fellow Cats......its just started here! Long may it last :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

Blogger50 wrote: »
    Been snowing here now for two hours....almost four inches!!! Yay!!!! :D Happy snow watching everyone and I hope everyone gets whats promised! :)

Hi Blogger,it hasent let up all night.It must be the longest shower in history:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭cbreeze

Speaking of dogs, and salt, have any of the rest of ye that have dogs have any problems when they walk on patches of pathways that have been salted? Our two starting limping, holding up one or other of there legs for a little while, it must sting them? :confused:

They should get their paws washed in fresh water to remove the salt - otherwise they will lick it off and salt is bad for them

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Seems this is going to be more severe then the ordinary joe-soap has been led to believe . . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

WolfeIRE wrote: »
    before i go.

http://www.yr.no/satellitt/1.5941760

take a look at the above. Takes 60 secs to load. then press play. you can drag timeline manually too. That system or band or mass of precip is now encroaching from the SE. Will make landfall by 6am. Batton down the hatches and lock your daughters up!

Night hun - give me baby a big squishy night night.. Has he seen the snow yet ??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭whitemocha

Rougies wrote: »
    Dublin City area, prepare for another downfall in the next half hour :)

oh no dont say that i was just going to bed:P:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement