Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Big Freeze ( Sunday 10th January )

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

Dont eat the yellow snow!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Hey guys anyone know what time its due to snow in Munster? My girlfriend is due to drive form Tralee to Limerick tomorrow hopefully before it snows. Thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 FitzerP

snow has died down now fellas..

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Must be near a foot deep in leixlip now. Not sure of the temprature, but the bottle of hennessey in me kept me warm from my friends house,

also, according to her, irish people are silly, "its only a touch of the snow"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

The Irish sea just keeps on giving :D

attachment.php?attachmentid=101862&d=1263091082

• Registered Users Posts: 6,513 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

I dont drink, but even that sounds tempting!! :p. G'night.

good man, it is lovely outside now bitter cold ( trees are loosing their frost magical at the moment outside) just saw a young fox run across the land... very nice, talk to ye all tommorow;)

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bog Butter

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    Do you think it will be a decent fall?

You know I am not an expert at all. I am just reading what is posted here and following the radar on Met Eireann's website. I doubt though judging by the little we got so far. It looks like we are getting the fringes of these showers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Vain wrote: »
    Hey guys anyone know what time its due to snow in Munster? My girlfriend is due to drive form Tralee to Limerick tomorrow hopefully before it snows. Thanks guys

Very interested in the answer to this

Dreading work tom evening
    (deliveries in rural (read treacherous) area :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

The Irish sea just keeps on giving :D

Lovely. Any chance the North East will get some?

• Advertisement

Dublin and Wicklow are getting the bulk of it and throwing the odd crumb up to us.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

It seems to be heading away from you tonight . But you never know , if streamers were to develop off the north east coast you could be in .

attachment.php?attachmentid=101864&d=1263091307

malman wrote: »
    Dublin and Wicklow are getting the bulk of it and throwing the odd crumb up to us.

Brilliant!

Auch nee bother we'll get a wee bit tomorrow eh!;)

Heah Pistol is it only those yellow bits on the clouds which contain percipitation or can snow fall from any part of those clouds?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 snow plow

diddlybit wrote: »
    :( Right beside you and nothing! *sigh*

Do you not have loads of snow on the ground? I'm in clonskeagh and it's been bucketing all evening/night, now there's 11cm of level snow and it's just started again! :D

Do you guys really think sleet\rain tomorrow? I'm about 4km from the sea and 40m asl. Met eireann now don't even mention the chance of rain or sleet on the east coast in their latest weather warning!!! :D

Dan

Brilliant!

Where bouts are you in the north east ? Looking at the 2.30 radar on rain today , there seems to be snow heading north east

attachment.php?attachmentid=101865&d=1263091869

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Vain wrote: »

Anyone????

Where bouts are you in the north east ? Looking at the 2.30 radar on rain today , there seems to be snow heading north east

attachment.php?attachmentid=101865&d=1263091869

Down in Navan. It's been missing us all night!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭diddlybit

snow plow wrote: »
    Do you not have loads of snow on the ground? I'm in clonskeagh and it's been bucketing all evening/night, now there's 11cm of level snow and it's just started again! :D

We do! I'm just being greedy:) Would love to see a proper blizzard before I hit the sack...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭gar32

Not in Ireland but the not so fun side of it.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/150858/Freeze-may-kill-60-000?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

How mega?! :p

Croppy, you getting any snow in Carlow town ? Theres been a constant light fall here in Borris since about 12.30am. Not showing on any radars. Maybe its just too light to show up.

snow plow wrote: »

Do you guys really think sleet\rain tomorrow? I'm about 4km from the sea and 40m asl. Met eireann now don't even mention the chance of rain or sleet on the east coast in their latest weather warning!!! :D

Dan

Looking at what the more knowledgeable lads on here have said you should get snow , its monday or Tuesday when things become really marginal.

Tomorrow nights on extreme East/South east coast's it could be marginal, but thats what I love about the weather , you just never know.

I would not define 4km distance as extremely coastal.

I may be wrong though.

Heah Pistol is it only those yellow bits on the clouds which contain percipitation or can snow fall from any part of those clouds?

Yellow is heavier precip , there should be a legend on the met chart describing what levels each color represents

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Tom1991

Im lovin this thread only place i seem to be finding decent reports. the met website isnt half as interesting

Snowing here now.

Snowing here now.

Nothing happening in the town............yet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

anyone see the sky news weather graphic theyre using for tuesday over ireland??? good god! entire country covered by all accounts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

Whats new? same with the celtic tiger.............

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

Looking at what the more knowledgeable lads on here have said you should get snow , its monday or Tuesday when things become really marginal.

Tomorrow nights on extreme East/South east coast's it could be marginal, but thats what I love about the weather , you just never know.

I would not define 4km distance as extremely coastal.

I may be wrong though.

Im 1km from the sea in Bray & it started snowing on Tue evening 6pm & we have had snow everyday since. Im coastal.. Earlier before any of tonights jazz we had 15 - 18 cm depending on part of garden... Road hasnt seen a bus on it since tue...My mother lives 5 min away up the road & nothing compared to us & she is more inland... Lord only knows how much fell tonight & a hella of lot more to come..... Even other night when everyone was -99 degrees we were still +1,, Its all about the DPs.. It was pissing down snow earlier temp was 3.4 but DP was -4.3.......One guy was down on the prom & the was 2" of snow on the beach .. Thats mental - I wouldnt worry at all just yet - Like wolfe said earlier its getting to the stage they cant forecast 24 hours out as its all over the place....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement