Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Big Freeze ( Sunday 10th January )

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭greeno

Nice heavy snow here again in Terenure, it's been quite a night.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

snowing AGAIN in leixlip.its been non stop on and off for the last few hours.where it hasnt been stood on for the last few days its about 9-10 inches inches on the ground.we'll easily break the 1 foot barrier at this rate by morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 pocketfluff

Is Sunday meant to be the worst day then? Rumors of a blizzard like thing.
    Sorry I am not very well up to date on the whole thing.
    I did however make a snowman and a igloo :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Varyn

Been snowing quite heavily in the ashford/roundwood area for at least the last 15 mins! On top of what we've already got I'm looking forward to lots of snow tomorrow :) ...even if I am getting major cabin fever at this point!

(btw my first post ever in the weather forum..you guys are great have been reading this like a hawk the last few days!)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,466 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

am watching that blob in Tipp for a flurry here.

Just popped my head out the window, nothing here yet - thats not too far away from me now. Ill keep my eyes open!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Ok night night everyone i will report in the morning with good news hopefully;)! Enjoy the snow ye got!:)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Soldie

Took this picture right in the middle of the latest flurry:

http://i49.tinypic.com/2n7fqxt.jpg

Snowing very heavily now in D14. There was relatively little all day but there's been at least 7cm since about 20:00. I measured 15cm in the back garden, about half of which is quite compacted.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭JMSE

Haven't noticed that CroppyBoy. None of the paths around my way are salted. Only problem I had today was getting the clumps of icy snow off her legs and belly that were matted into her coat after a walk. I had to get the hair dryer out to melt them off.:eek:

The army were here today in Dunboyne with the council boys gritting the paths and paths only, fair play to the Commander in Chief I say or CINCSNOWOPSINSANMHI as their title might be if this was the US Navy. Anyway, snow in Dunboyne Co. MEATH has been plentiful all night thus far, every third time I look out its at it again, you lads further inland are just that bit too far from the east, different climate down there, tropical almost.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Hope you get the accompanying thunder shower!!

Only a few large flakes falling.(stopped now) It's so localised it's scary. Posters saying it's chucking it down only a couple of miles from me and I look out and nothing. Very hit and miss right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭scotchy

Wooaahh. She’s getting up a bit now . Come on baby..

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bog Butter

NufcNavan wrote: »
    1:59 AM snowing hailstones in Navan.

Throughout the night so far the any showers north of Dublin have been hiting Louth and north Meath in the main. It now seems that they are dipping down into central Meath.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

Going to bed. It's currently blizzarding here. Honest to god.

Crazy proper snow.

If if did this for two days we'd be talking feet of snow.

Sleep.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

As a Facebook group itself put it: When I'm old, I'll talk about the hard winter of 09/10.

Finally, a story to rival my grandparents/parents tales of times past!

I agree completely. The case of the month long cold snap and the missing minister. :-):-)

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭philboy

Nothing to see but stars in the sky here in Galway, so I'm not too optomistic about a snowfall in the next few hours. The snow that fell 2 days ago is still lying on the ground. A small few flakes fell this afternoon for about 10 minutes but that was it since.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

malman wrote: »
    Throughout the night so far the any showers north of Dublin have been hiting Louth and north Meath in the main. It now seems that they are dipping down into central Meath.

You getting anything out your way yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Snowshoe Sam

baraca wrote: »
    To all those worrying that the precipitation in dublin is not moving south there is a shedload moving towrads the south east cost from that front we've been watching! patience is a virtue!

I'm going to try the old :

*going to bed now, pointless waiting up for snow anymore...* technique

Reverse psychology anyone?

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,329 ✭✭✭naughto

leahyl wrote: »
    Ok night night everyone i will report in the morning with good news hopefully;)! Enjoy the snow ye got!:)
    nite

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Nothing in Mulhuddart D15 the last 30 minutes.

I've left a few of my empty beer cans in the garden to see what they collect and will use it as a guide in the morning to see how much has fallen.

The Tyskie Index it shall be known as.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Macca3000

Nicely coming down in Kells

Right I'm off to bed, going get up early to catch the main event

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭FingalAirsoft

Lucky gits.... still nothing in the North County Dublin area:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    You getting anything out your way yet?
    Small shower of hailstones about 10 minutes ago. All it.

Im off to bed.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

The last decent shower of snow seems wetter than the ones earlier. On the glass on my balcony it is turning to drops of water which is a bit odd. Not exactly a big melt, but not something I've noticed recently. Balcony was cleared earlier, and there is about 5cm of snow there now using the finger depth test. Ashtown, D15 btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,510 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Just to fiinish off a great night i found some fresh salmon (dunnes better range really fcking good actually!) lurking at the back of the fridge :D wolfed that down, had another beer put dog to bed and am going soon my self soon night all and get your snow hats out, i feel snow in my gut (or is that the salmon gone off;)) .... last thing anne doyle (i think i have no idea i have a very bad memory) had paul cunningham on rte news tonight for an update, I think she said "Paul you are hatless tonight! I laughed nearly as much when i saw that bloody tea cosy on his head:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Macca3000 wrote: »
    Nicely coming down in Kells

Right I'm off to bed, going get up early to catch the main event
    Blow it south about 10 miles. Don't waste it on a kip like Kells.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

As per Soldie at it again in D.14.

Salt still working,will keep the dog off it tomorrow. Logging off now,hope you all wake up to some whiteness in the morning where ever you are.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Macca3000

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Blow it south about 10 miles. Don't waste it on a kip like Kells.

But it will make this kip interesting for at least a day or two :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Fyr.Fytr

Lucky gits.... still nothing in the North County Dublin area:mad::mad::mad:

About 5-6cm on the deck here bren :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

Just bucketed down there last 10 minutes..... Was quiet there for a while ..:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

~15cm of snow on my patio table, and it's still snowing here in Firhouse. This is getting pretty epic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement