Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Big Freeze ( Sunday 10th January )

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bog Butter

Not quite yet but its iminent I feel!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭FingalAirsoft

Fyr.Fytr wrote: »
    About 5-6cm on the deck here bren :p

Right you're barred:P:P:P:P

That's mad... not far from here.... and all we have is bloody wind:(:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/cgi-app/radar?LANG=en&STRUCTUR=_&CONT=ukuk&CREG=nir another blast of snow, seems to be little more south

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

malman wrote: »
    Not quite yet but its iminent I feel!

The skys are gone orange around here. Im literally just waiting for it to fall so I can post it on here!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Must say the sky is the brightest I've seen it in a long time in winter because of all the reflected light. Looks amazing.

Remember folks all this is sea effect snow. The "main event" is forecast tomorrow late on and into Monday but met.ie an MT both predicting it as possible sleet along the coast so us Dubs might be having our night tonight and until 10amish when the temps pull above freezing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

1.6 now and rising (cloud coming?)

No snow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Fyr.Fytr

Right you're barred:P:P:P:P

That's mad... not far from here.... and all we have is bloody wind:(:(

Hmm debating weather (see what i did there lol) or not to call you a wind bag :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭scotchy

Sitting here in Blackrock, Dublin for the last ¾ of an hour, am about a kilometre from the Irish sea.

The pattern seems to be 5 minutes of heavy snow gradually dying out, followed by nothing for 5-10 minutes, and then back to another 5 minute heavy burst etc.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    The skys are gone orange around here. Im literally just waiting for it to fall so I can post it on here!

Yes going orange, north of west of Navan, here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Mr.Boots wrote: »

No snow

1.6c?! Compared to recent days that sounds tropical now! :p I'm -3.4c, in fact, I'm colder than Villain!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭hoody

philboy wrote: »
    Nothing to see but stars in the sky here in Galway, so I'm not too optomistic about a snowfall in the next few hours. The snow that fell 2 days ago is still lying on the ground. A small few flakes fell this afternoon for about 10 minutes but that was it since.

Lovely went it fell for those 10 minutes though - was at the Corrib (with mini icebergs floating down it!) looking over at Menlo Castle, everything in sight white with frost, big lazy flakes of snow falling everywhere, was pretty cool :)

...Still, more snow please!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭FingalAirsoft

Fyr.Fytr wrote: »
    Hmm debating weather (see what i did there lol) or not to call you a wind bag :p

R-ight now I'm going to un-bar you and shoot you on the nose:P:P:P

I just hope this moves up the coast to me so we can have a fresh dusting of snow....It's not fair the England has all this lovely white stuff:rolleyes:

Yes going orange, north of west of Navan, here too.

Starting to go darker now :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

scotchy wrote: »
    Sitting here in Blackrock, Dublin for the last ¾ of an hour, am about a kilometre from the Irish sea.

The pattern seems to be 5 minutes of heavy snow gradually dying out, followed by nothing for 5-10 minutes, and then back to another 5 minute heavy burst etc.

similar pattern in leixlip which is well inland.5-10 minutes of a heavy falling followed by 10-15 minutes of spitting tiny flakes.another wave due soon.........:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

Mr.Boots wrote: »

No snow

I wouldnt worry - once it comes it wont stop till sometime Monday :D

Snowing in Bray since 6 ish... Bucketing again now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

clouds breaking up over d17 at moment,no snow but feels colder in breeze

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

1.2C here now reading temp the old fashioned way. Looks like another belt coming for dublin from about Balbriggan down to Bray on the radar.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭JMSE

pedigree wrote: »
    Hi
    I have just driven from Dublin Airport to Narraghmore Co Kildare, snowing all the way. Fair play to all the artic drivers doing 50kmph down the Naas bypass.
    Pedigree

Good call, and fair play to them for keepin it between the ditches, if theres one thing I know about truck drivers, they know exactly the edge of reason when it comes to what they can get away with, although the ones who jacknife and the ones who land in thru someones gable end, they didnt know **** did they. Remember lads, if the salt runs out, the trucks will be immobilised on the inclines, thats when you will know you should have stocked up.

Weather update for Meath South/East: looks like a clearance to clear sky/ high cloud for the minute

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Wickerman1

It's getting quite windy in Dun Laoghaire now!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 FitzerP

...mega snow in dublin 2

FitzerP wrote: »
    ...mega snow in dublin 2

How mega?! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,513 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

near end of jamesons, just made very nice hot toddy:) manuka honey... cloves.. fresh lemon.. hot water.. jamesons, superb, see ye tommorow keep the faith (yes i am a weather addict i admit it:rolleyes:) nite nite:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭diddlybit

FitzerP wrote: »
    ...mega snow in dublin 2

:( Right beside you and nothing! *sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭scotchy

scotchy wrote: »

Its getting much longer between the snow showers now. Been nothing since I last posted.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

You know though Duff if you do get snow there in Navan now it won't be a whole lot. It is showery stuff coming in east off the Irish sea. The big snow forcasted for Sunday day is coming from the south. It will hit Munster and south Leinster first before pushing up to us.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

sdonn wrote: »
    Must say the sky is the brightest I've seen it in a long time in winter because of all the reflected light. Looks amazing.

Remember folks all this is sea effect snow. The "main event" is forecast tomorrow late on and into Monday but met.ie an MT both predicting it as possible sleet along the coast so us Dubs might be having our night tonight and until 10amish when the temps pull above freezing.

Along the Coast is usually defined as somewhere between 5-8miles from the coast. Most of Dublin away from this should be fine for snow ,and the way things are going at the moment most inside this band will see some wintery precip

One of the lads posted that in an earlier thread , I cant find it now .

Its still bucketing down snow here in Newbridge

near end of jamesons, just made very nice hot toddy:) manuka honey... cloves.. fresh lemon.. hot water.. jamesons, superb, see ye tommorow keep the faith (yes i am a weather addict i admit it:rolleyes:) nite nite:pac:

I dont drink, but even that sounds tempting!! :p. G'night.

You know though Duff if you do get snow there in Navan now it won't be a whole lot. It is showery stuff coming in east off the Irish sea. The big snow forcasted for Sunday day is coming from the south. It will hit Munster and south Leinster first before pushing up to us.

Do you think it will be a decent fall?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SheRa

About 3 inches of snow in Dublin 13.

Anyway on a weather related note, check this video out, and just keep going back to 18 seconds. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CT0a-Hgumo&feature=popt00ie00

Poor guy, hope he's ok, looks like he banged his head hard.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement