Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Big Freeze ( Sunday 10th January )

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

Snowing here in Limerick City.

That's some penetration from those Irish sea showers.
    Ohh err missues. ;)
    The northern stream would hit Galway but seem to lack the punch of the southern one.
    Still -5 and everything is still white from the earlier freezing fog and light snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭kopp

jds0ur wrote: »
    Poobags, startin to thaw here on the east coast, bloody sea breeze :(

Snow does be fine here :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Western counties may do a bit better today at the expense of eastern counties, reason being that a shallow warm front has entered the circulation from the east, it's already some way across England now, temps have risen along the east coast there to 3 C or so, and the remaining cold air in western England and Wales is on its last legs with temps generally -2 C or so.

I'm thinking that the snow may pick up in intensity around morning in all parts of Ireland then become more confined to the west by afternoon, as it becomes milder in the east and southeast.

The early word on the Tuesday thaw potential (from model run just coming out) is not what you may wish to hear, but I haven't seen what's supposed to follow yet. However, looks like a period with fairly high temps and straight rain from Monday night to at least Tuesday night, will post more about this in my forecast about 0500.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭hoody

Western counties may do a bit better today at the expense of eastern counties, reason being that a shallow warm front has entered the circulation from the east, it's already some way across England now, temps have risen along the east coast there to 3 C or so, and the remaining cold air in western England and Wales is on its last legs with temps generally -2 C or so.

I'm thinking that the snow may pick up in intensity around morning in all parts of Ireland then become more confined to the west by afternoon, as it becomes milder in the east and southeast.

Thanks M.T., come on the Wesht!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

My dog has me back up this time of night unfortunately, but it's still snowing steadily in Lucan. Yay! Snowing since at least 8pm now almost continuously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

No snow in Doon (Co Limerick) yet

Bring it on! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭stag39

Just woke up and snowing here south of kilkenny city!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭VeeEmmy

I'm in Florida for long xmas break.

You might be interested to know, we just heard on weather report that it is snowing/sleeting in MIAMI FLORIDA!

Probably only 10-12 flakes and a dessert spoonful of sleet, but for them, it is monumental. Nary a flake here near Panama City, FL.

Ban (missing the snow in Ireland)

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭murrayp4

Thawing in Dublin 8....last can of Guinness......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

just went out in the snow to have a look
    The poor missus is on her way to work in the airport
    In Chapalizod the snow is still falling (has been all night) and nearly a foot in parts

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Kenzi

mud wrote: »
    No snow in Doon (Co Limerick) yet

Bring it on! :cool:

A few specs of snow begining here just south of Charleville

LOADS OF SNOW ON THE WAY FROM THE SOUTH!!! Check out Yr.no! and raintoday.co.uk

Well, wexford will see it first me thinks

ronivek wrote: »
    Starting to thaw in Dublin 15... I want my foot of snow :(

really? all good here in d14

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭murrayp4

Baile Ath Cliath 8:

Thaw setting in.....Boooo!
    No snow in last hour....Boooo!
    Guinness cans all gone....Boooo!
    Oiche mhaith!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Had a little tiny snow shower at about1pm today in cork. It was like a childhood dream come true(yes we are that desperate in Cork)

Nothing at all at the moment so horribly dissapointed to think that we'll get nothing down here. It aint fair i tell ya,it aint fair.

stilll freezin in d14 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

snowing here in Kill Co. Waterford for the last hour, light enough but persistent.

any snow sightings in wexford?

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭havana

murrayp4 wrote: »
    Baile Ath Cliath 8:

Thaw setting in.....Boooo!
    :D

Big lump of icy snow just fell from a height off the roof of the block opposite me. Would've hurt if anyone had been walking under it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Good morning folks! -2.4 here. No snow yet but we live in hope.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Loads of snow around Clondalkin. Had to get a taxi to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Wow 15 minutes and no new posts. That must be a record. Waney wakey Ireland. :)

This iPhone surfing will be the death of me. I used to have to wait till I got out of bed but not anymore.

Just read MT's forecast. Warning do not read it if you are a snow fanatic it has the T••w word it in quite a lot ;).
    Still -2.4 here and dry. Will be watching the radar sights with great interest all morning to see when it comes this way.
    It's nice at this time of the morning. I can put in this waffly post without feeling guilty about taking up time. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭annieee

Raining in Newtownmountkennedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭annieee

annieee wrote: »
    Raining in Newtownmountkennedy.

Hailstones actually. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

WOW:eek:

What a night for many parts of Dublin.

Its like you received a Thames streamer.

Not the same i know,but snowfall amounts not far off what they received in feb 09.

Certainly not forecasted.

Shannon radar is a joke.Can't see whats properly going on.

0640.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

:( 38 degrees here in south Aussie, im sweltering and have no air condition, so homesick looking at what im missing back home.

redsunset wrote: »
    WOW:eek:

What a night for many parts of Dublin.

Its like you received a Thames streamer.

Not the same i know,but snowfall amounts not far off what they received in feb 09.

Certainly not forecasted.

Shannon radar is a joke.Can't see whats properly going on.

0640.gif

if not I think the Waterford snow shield is in operation, the 'snow' seems to have stopped and turned right into Wexford instead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

Just woke up checked outside and it's all White. we got our snow in Waterford yessssssssssss. A nice covering and hopefully more on the way. It's stopped now but looking at the radar there is more to come

• Advertisement

mickger wrote: »
    Just woke up checked outside and it's all White. we got our snow in Waterford yessssssssssss. A nice covering and hopefully more on the way. It's stopped now but looking at the radar there is more to come

yeah there is a nice covering alright but we want more much more

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement