Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Big Freeze ( Saturday 9th January 2010 )

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭candy19

Pangea wrote: »
    I see the east are gettng a lot of snow and cloud on the radar and from the posters :P.

We wouldn't be jelous now, would we!!

I hear that Donegal is literally iced in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

could this wether please fup off, ruining my birthday! bitterly cold in offaly, big frost, light snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

Heavy snow falling in Clonee right now. Looks beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

shower's fadeing badly as they come inland,stopped here at the mo and after 15 min's there's barely a covering,looked loverly

on another note,there seem's to be a big downgrade for tomorrow's "event",and a big thaw comeing in shortly after the "event" :(

have a feeling for northern and eastern low level's today will be the only snow we get,so bring it on(even though radar show's them disapearing rapidly)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Snowing Strong here at HP In leixlip

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Rosser

Slowing down here in D15 however enough has fallen to bring us back to where we were on Wednesday night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 FitzerP

second wave of heavy snow in Dublin City Centre!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Light snow in Drogheda

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Dames St 0915 09/01/10

101630.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Galway is a City of ice this morning I have never seen anything like this before its a whiteout with frost, at the moment its -5.5 on my weather station also freezing fog unreal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭*eadaoin

wow snowing very heavily in dundrum again now, hasn't stopped snowing since i woke up about an hour ago!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭francie BradyII

Light snow in Drogheda

alot of the Drogheda buses have been cancelled. i wonder why? if theres only little snow there

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,767 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

*eadaoin wrote: »
    wow snowing very heavily in dundrum again now, hasn't stopped snowing since i woke up about an hour ago!

Yeah as heavy as ever! Looking at 0930 radar still a bit more to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Best quality snow of the year so far - Dublin 2:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Snow passed here about 2 hours ago, about 2cms on the ground, first proper snow of the spell!!

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Mr. Muddle

Light snow on and off for the last hour in Drogheda. Stopped at the minute but sky full of clouds.

My sister is flying out of Dublin Airport at 6am tomorrow morning, I know its probably too early to know but what do you clever people who know so much think about her chances and about driving to Airport from Drogheda at 3am?

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭MollyZ

Snow is getting heavy in Celbridge now. Has been snowing for at least an hour, sometimes so lightly that you'd almost not see it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Kazzo

Heavy snow now in Leixlip - big big flakes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭patneve

white-out in Dalkey, 3-5 centimetres depending on exposure. another shower on the way according to radar:D

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

I can't for the life of me understand how it was raining here and snowing pretty much everywhere else... Lusk must have its own little micro climate or something!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,767 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Looks heavy in the city centre atm - http://www.dublincity.ie/dublintraffic/

Felixdhc wrote: »
    I can't for the life of me understand how it was raining here and snowing pretty much everywhere else... Lusk must have its own little micro climate or something!

I'm so surprised too, stats at M2 bouy are good (4c DP -1c) but I did note earlier there was sleet in Belfast?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

very light stuff here again

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Snowshoe Sam

Snowing on and off here for at least the last 1.5hrs or so.

Not particularly heavy, now just few flakes floating around on the wind....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

A lot of cloud cover here but no snow, Just that shower we had about half an hour ago. Hopefully get a bit more :)

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

DOCARCH wrote: »
    I'm so surprised too, stats at M2 bouy are good (4c DP -1c) but I did note earlier there was sleet in Belfast?

On closer inspection of the road etc, it does look like it had been snowing and turned to rain. Just doesn't bode too well for the next couple of days for this area, think I'll sell my roller coaster ticket - 50% off, any takers?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

snowing big fat chunky flakes here if it snows a bit heavier and lass maybe 2 hours i will be happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭GavinH

Hi all,

wind is from the SW down here, does that mean the Atlantic is winning?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Lovely big flakes in Naas now !!!!

Just saw the Sky News forecast, the lovely Lisa is showing a massive whiteout for Tuesday !

Just to mention that snow beers + snow hangover + reflective snow = pain :(

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

Extremely dark here, would be very surprised if it did'nt snow. But our snow shield is one of the best so lets just wait and see ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement