Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Big Freeze ( Saturday 9th January 2010 )

Options
1717273747577»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

I have a feeling Bray is going to get sleet or rain tomorrow. It was bitterly cold when I left work at about 9:30pm. Had been sporadic 2minute heavy snow showers every 15 or 20 minutes since about 6pm. On my way home from work we got about 20 minutes of very heavy big flakey stuff and then nothing since about 10pm.

Was just out the back there and it feels a heck of a lot milder than just 2.5 hours ago. I have a frozen square of carpet leaning against a railing for the last few days. I've been watching it for a thaw and its remained rock solid. Its starting to bow/bend now and I won't be suprised if its flopped into a heap by tomorrow morning. I think its getting to warm now right on the coast for anything other than sleet or rain tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Me and the dog checking things out...

2010_0110_Snow4_0007.JPG

Snowfall
    2010_0110_Snow4_0010.JPG

Car not moved since Christmas
    [IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Briano/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG]2010_0110_Snow4_0019.JPG

Car driven over Christmas but never fully cleared
    2010_0110_Snow4_0020.JPG

That pic with your dog is freaking hilarious! And he looks proper interested too!:D the rest of the pictures - magic!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Rougies

ardmacha wrote: »
    0000.gif

There seems to be one stream over Dublin and another over the Cooley Peninsula/Carlingford Lough but not much over the Boyne valley. So Dublin/Kildare get some as do N Louth/S Armagh/ Monaghan, but not Meath.

Is there any reason for this, or is it only pot luck?

the Isle of Man tends to split the convective streamers to the north and south.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Timistry

Might get a few showers tomorrow, then the mild air starts to flood in melting any lying snow. typical!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

junkyard wrote: »
    Has anyone else noticed how many people are looking at this forum? 639!!!!:eek:
    .............and still no snow in Cork..........:(

Most action its seen in awhile I'd say!
    Well, this board anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 meccanoman303

4055958581_ca65fcd9d9.jpg

Really starting to stick on my patio table in Lucan now as shown by this infra-red image!

LMAO

Still snowing its little heart out here in lucan . Dont think its going to stop anytime sooner either,the sky looks laden.:p

THREAD CLOSED - New thread now open.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement