Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Big Freeze ( Saturday 9th January 2010 )

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

-4 here and very light snow the last 10 minute's.

more more more,need more before the big thaw!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

please oh please let them cancel training. do not want to drive in this
    about 2-3 inches here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Mobhi1

zenno wrote: »
    are you serious ? it's stopped snowing here and i'm right beside the airport. looks like the de-icer's are not into cleaning the runways.

See here: http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0109/live_weather_transport_updates_saturday.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,543 ✭✭✭kingshankly

The cut of point seems to be around malahide very little north of it donabate the fields are green .Dublin city centre is crazy I have never seen urban roads look as bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 847 ✭✭✭mickger

Can see the banks of dark clouds to my North east but it's looks like from the radar that the showers are breaking down before they get here. If I couldn't see the radar now I would definately bet on it snowing here. Fingers crossed it will.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭phonypony

zenno wrote: »
    are you serious ? it's stopped snowing here and i'm right beside the airport. looks like the de-icer's are not into cleaning the runways.

They wont start clearing the runway until the snow stops, there are showers forecast up to 12.00, so they are estimating re-opening at 14.00

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭blossom180

Cork_girl wrote: »
    The RSA has issued their 'Top 10 Safety Tips for Pedestrians'.

I love the description of the overhead hazards - "In extreme cold weather icicles can build up in size very quickly and are lethal. Their size and dagger-like formation are extremely dangerous for pedestrians." :eek:
    my daughter lives in a block of flats in churchtown,she had icicles inside her bedroom window.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭LorraineL

Just started snowing here. :-)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

still -10c here and more snow is coming now joiniing up to be a band by the looks of it hopefully it will be heavy.....looks heavy on radar but will probably be light crap again1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

It's being snowing for quite some time in Blanch now. So much so that any foot prints etc are completely filled in.

One concenr - watching skynews weather this morning and although they don't suggest it - the graphics show dublin not getting sunday and mondays snow..it'll hit further south?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

I see met eireann give snow for the west today, bring it on sir.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

Mobhi1 wrote: »

The decision was taken shortly after 8.30am after two aircraft reported medium to poor braking action.

ok safety first.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭jessbud

Snowing in Sallins, Kildare

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

It's been snowing for over an hour in Tallaght, looks like an inch or two anyway. If it's like this on Monday I won't be going anywhere!! :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Still snowing here (since 0730). A good inch at least now. Looking at the 0900 radar, another shower just at the back of the trough looks like it will move into Dublin, so maybe a bit more to come yet!

-1.4c DP -2.2c

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭candy19

Snowing here in Harolds Cross!

Hope there's plenty more to come, DIT might end up cancelling a few more exams that they had previously anticipated:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

snowing in newbridge. fair bit falling, enough to fill in yesterdays footprints.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Ugh it's snowing heavy here too *sobs* I am so fed up of this stupid snow!! Urgh!! I thought the snow wasn't supposed to come til this afternoon, argh!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 rushbrook

weather station showing 2.1c in Donabate which prob accounts for the light rain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

snowing here near kells for last 10 mins. Stopping again, and skys clearing :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,543 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Raining in balbriggan and skerries all roads that were white earlier are now clear

• Registered Users Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Just had a snow shower here in wexford nice big fluffy flakes, Stopped already though only lasted a few minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭francie BradyII

Raining in balbriggan and skerries all roads that were white earlier are now clear

that doesn't sound good. maybe there is some truth that tomorrows snow will fall as rain!

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Rain and sleet in Lusk, presumably game over for this area :(

theres going to be alot of snow but it's going to accumulate more in the south-east. i recon it won't hit north dublin hard till sunday night. thats the way it looks now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

I see the east are gettng a lot of snow and cloud on the radar and from the posters :P.

Pangea wrote: »
    I see the east are gettng a lot of snow and cloud on the radar and from the posters :P.

no snow falling here in swords it's all quiet again.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Good bit of snow in Lucan.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭blossom180

nice big flakes in dun laoghaire now.

• Advertisement

images.aspx?jaar=-3&voor=&soort=loop3uur&c=&n=&tijdid=2010191035

fizzling out a bit on the east coast it seems. has anyone got a better rader image...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement