Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Six Nations General Banter Thread. *Read Mod Warning. Post no.5*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭PhatPiggins

Good points there BH but I'd still prefer a slightly below par Kearney at 15 then a converted winger or Poitrenaud.

I see Flaky Freddie has been called into the match 22, Soctalnd will be hoping he comes on at 10

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I see Flaky Freddie has been called into the match 22, Soctalnd will be hoping he comes on at 10

Yup. http://www.rugby365.com/tournaments/sixnation/news/2205920.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

Word over the wireless is that DOC is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,183 ✭✭✭crisco10

d'Oracle wrote: »
    Word over the wireless is that DOC is out.

Heard this too. Leo in and Ryan on bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭andrewdcs

We've a lot in the backrow tank I suppose, but DOC has been better (or perhaps just more visible to my jaded backs-watching eyes?) this year than any I can remember.

Any word on cause?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

andrewdcs wrote: »
    We've a lot in the backrow tank I suppose, but DOC has been better (or perhaps just more visible to my jaded backs-watching eyes?) this year than any I can remember.

Any word on cause?

Knee trouble that has been at him.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/sixnations/2010/0204/ocallaghand.html
    Second-row Donncha O'Callaghan has been ruled out of Ireland's RBS 6 Nations clash with Italy.

The Munster man missed training earlier in the week as a result of a knee injury sustained while playing for Munster a fortnight ago.

However, he was deemed fit and named in Ireland coach Declan Kidney's starting team on Wednesday.

That injury has now flared up again and O'Callaghan will play
    no part in Saturday's game against the Azurri.

O'Callaghan will be replaced by Leo Cullen, who was originally named on the bench for the match, and will now come into the starting team to partner Paul O'Connell.

The 58-times capped O'Callaghan is the third frontline Ireland player to be ruled out of the Italy fixture due to injury, joining Jonathan Sexton and Stephen Ferris.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Webbs

Wales have lost their second front row forward as Jenkins has pulled out. Huge blow as he plays like a fourth back row forward.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Hmm, O Callaghan is a blow but not the worst injury we could have had by any means. Hope Leo has a big game he deserves a run imo. Also with Locky in the back row the lineout options are strong.

Italy team is by no means poor, forwards are strong particularly front and back row, and the backs are solid as they always are. Dont think they will get a try, but this isnt goint to be a romp for Ireland either I feel.

Loss of Jenkins is big for Wales, but England are short a few in the front row too so it evens it out a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Not concerned by Cullen stepping in, he's more than able. Obviously DOC fit for next week would be best case.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Ellisalde injured, Michalak onto the French bench.

Jenkins is an enormous loss to Wales.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

And my feckin fantasy team. :pac:

Hope he's alright, monster of a prop.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

For those of you who can get it, BBC radio 5 live did a 2 hour preview of the 6n last night. Excellent programme...Brian Moore, Keith Wood, Gareth Thomas, Matt Dawson on panel...really wide ranging with lots of interviews including Heaslip, Borthwick, Nick Mallet (excellent on the state of Italian rugby)....Its available on the BBC iPlayer...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

toomevara wrote: »
    For those of you who can get it, BBC radio 5 live did a 2 hour preview of the 6n last night. Excellent programme...Brian Moore, Keith Wood, Gareth Thomas, Matt Dawson on panel...really wide ranging with lots of interviews including Heaslip, Borthwick, Nick Mallet (excellent on the state of Italian rugby)....Its available on the BBC iPlayer...

Should be available as a podcast too

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

greendom wrote: »
    Should be available as a podcast too

Any links? Navigating the load of 5live stuff's a nightmare sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,183 ✭✭✭crisco10

murdoc8 wrote: »

Thanks. Anyone elese notice the volume goes to 11? Wonder is that a reference to Spinal Tap. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭twinytwo

Good news for us, I would have had a few players ahead of Pallison myself.

Poux is no great shakes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

18/1 odd's on a draw seems like a good bet lol

The strength in depth that France have really doesn't make any difference!

Parks and Murray back in for Scotland...Godman gets the shepherds crook, poor divil.....A case of Back to the Future for Scotland?...Still won't score in a house of ill repute with a fist full of twenties....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭outwest

o lets all celebrate, rougerie is gonig to be replaced with the best winger in the world imo, and poux has been called up to, franch depth is amazing

outwest wrote: »
    o lets all celebrate, rougerie is gonig to be replaced with the best winger in the world imo, and poux has been called up to, franch depth is amazing

I cant stand Rougerie to be honest, no doubt he's preparing a rite against Beattie and Kelly for being too strong boned.

Extraordinary claim about Palisson there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I cant stand Rougerie to be honest, no doubt he's preparing a rite against Beattie and Kelly for being too strong boned.

I presume he was referring to Clerc who replaced Rougerie on Sunday.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

I assumed he was talking about Clerc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

where is danthefan with our team news :mad:

Merged a few threads in here folks, thought a general Six nations Banter thread, rather than masses of tiny threads every time theres a minor development would be better. We'll see how it goes...

Podge_irl wrote: »
    I assumed he was talking about Clerc...

Sorry I was reading the article and saw Palisson in for Rougerie, its his squad place they're refering to.

I see they've been "forced" to replace Fall with Malzieu as well, oh the hardship.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Hippo

IRELAND Team & Replacements (v France, RBS 6 Nations Championship, Stade de France, February 13, kick-off 16:30 gmt):

15 - Rob Kearney (UCD/Leinster)
    14 - Tommy Bowe (Ospreys)
    13 - Brian O'Driscoll (UCD/Leinster) (capt)
    12 - Gordon D'Arcy (Lansdowne/Leinster)
    11 - Keith Earls (Young Munster/Munster)
    10 - Ronan O'Gara (Cork Constitution/Munster)
    9 - Tomas O'Leary (Dolphin/Munster)

1 - Cian Healy (Clontarf/Leinster)
    2 - Jerry Flannery (Shannon/Munster)
    3 - John Hayes (Bruff/Munster)
    4 - Donncha O'Callaghan (Cork Constitution/Munster)
    5 - Paul O'Connell (Young Munster/Munster)
    6 - Stephen Ferris (Dungannon/Ulster) / Kevin McLaughlin (St. Mary's College/Leinster)
    7 - David Wallace (Garryowen/Munster)
    8 - Jamie Heaslip (Naas/Leinster)

Replacements:
    16 - Rory Best (Banbridge/Ulster)
    17 - Tom Court (Malone/Ulster)
    18 - Leo Cullen (Blackrock College/Leinster)/Donnacha Ryan (Shannon/Munster)
    19 - Sean O'Brien (Clontarf/Leinster)
    20 - Eoin Reddan (Lansdowne/Leinster)
    21 - Jonathan Sexton (St. Mary's College/Leinster
    22 -

Advertisement