Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Six Nations General Banter Thread. *Read Mod Warning. Post no.5*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Webbs

twinytwo wrote: »
    at least johnson finally got over himself and played tait... i think

flood
    cueto
    tindall
    tait
    ashton or strettle
    foden

would have been far better ... armitage is useless as is monye but we shall see how they go. I still think wales will win. Why?... the welsh front row will cream them

Far more creativity than previously but is a lightweight midfield that likes an outside break, combine that with a ponderous backrow then Wales will really target the breakdown

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

toomevara wrote: »
    Wow...well enjoy! I warn you though It is worse than crack! ...

unfortunately crack must be (I wouldnt know honestly) better than the last Croker Irl v Italy game!!

hopefully more upbeat this time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

Riskymove wrote: »
    unfortunately crack must be (I wouldnt know honestly) better than the last Croker Irl v Italy game!!

hopefully more upbeat this time!!

Oh aye, but i mean the whole 6N match day experience...nothing quite like it in world sport imo. I'm heading to Twickers for Eng/Ire and i'm salivating at the thought....never seen Ireland beat England in Twickers (seen em lose a few though!).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Bar Wilkinson, it's a positive selection from Johnson.

Youngs has made a great step forward this season. Open to correction, but wasn't he third choice behind Ellis and Dupuy last season for Leicester?

He looks very good and is one to look out for at the RWC.

He was 19 last year, in 2008 at age of 18 he played 25 mins against Toulouse of Welford Road. Every Tiger supporter knows he is the real deal but at that age you need to mind your player. Plus Dupuy was our first choice kicker last year and Cockers is trying to give Youngs a kicking game now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Oh aye, but i mean the whole 6N match day experience...nothing quite like it in world sport imo. I'm heading to Twickers for Eng/Ire and i'm salivating at the thought....never seen Ireland beat England in Twickers (seen em lose a few though!).

agreed, i just wouldn't put that particular game forward as the example fo how great it is!

am off to Twickers for the game for the first time myself....looking forward to it..Ireland have won every time I have seen that game at home (not many mind you) so am hoping my talisman-like attendance continues!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Sexton out of the 22.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,173 ✭✭✭twinytwo

danthefan wrote: »
    Sexton out of the 22.

Huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

Sexton out of the 22.

Source/attribution?

twinytwo wrote: »
    Huh?

ROG starting with Reddan, Earls, Wallace the subs is apparently the case. We'll see in about 30 mins.
    Source/attribution?

A guy who knew about Sexton starting against SA in advance, I believe it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Sexton out of the 22.

Seriously are you just taking random pot shots at the selection. It's not announced till 1.30, so can you at least say where you are getting it from, or say that you are taking a random guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

Sexton out of the 22.

if this is the case Declan Kidney is Eddie O'Sullivan in disguise! Unless sexton is injured his dropping from startin fly half v the world champions to even making the panel v italy is the probably the biggest joke seen in irish rugby since year dot.... Any reason?

Webbs wrote: »
    Far more creativity than previously but is a lightweight midfield that likes an outside break, combine that with a ponderous backrow then Wales will really target the breakdown

would their attacking ability not make up for their reduced defensive capabilities?.. Obviously a decent backrow is needed as well. BUt the likes of tait and streetle can be a handfull for anyone

Seriously are you just taking random pot shots at the selection. It's not announced till 1.30, so can you at least say where you are getting it from, or say that you are taking a random guess.

Healy
    Flannery
    Hayes
    DOC
    POC
    McLaughlin
    Wallace
    Heaslip
    TOL
    ROG
    Trimble
    D'Arcy
    BOD
    Bowe
    Kearney

Best , Court, Cullen, O'Brien, Reddan, Wallace, Earls

We'll see very soon how many are right or wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭PhatPiggins

Sexton out of 22!!! Forum melt doen imminent. Mods break out their Rosary beads and banning sticks

Would understand an extra prop on the bench instead of Sexton or ROG but not an extra back.

Would like to see Mclaughlin start

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

From Sky Sports:

Scotland team to face France at Murrayfield:

15 C Paterson (Edinburgh); 14 T Evans (Glasgow), 13 M Evans (Glasgow), 12 G Morrison (Glasgow), 11 S Lamont (Scarlets); 10 P Godman (Edinburgh), 9 C Cusiter (Glasgow); 1 A Dickinson (Gloucester), 2 R Ford (Edinburgh), 3 M Low (Glasgow), 4 N Hines (Leinster), 5 A Kellock (Glasgow), 6 K Brown (Glasgow),7 J Barclay (Glasgow), 8 J Beattie (Glasgow).

Replacements: 16 S Lawson (Gloucester), 17 A Jacobsen (Edinburgh), 18 R Gray (Glasgow), 19 A MacDonald (Edinburgh), 20 R Lawson (Gloucester), 21 A Grove (Worcester), 22 H Southwell (Stade Francais).

All Glasgow backrow and centres.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

Dunno though. Bradley hinted after the A game that the shirt was Wallace's to lose and that one of Sexton or Darcy would lose out to him. Now I know Bradley could well have been talking through his arse but he is a coach involved in the national setup.

http://www.irishrugby.ie/10735_19578.php

Who will make the starting line-up when Declan Kidney announces the team this afternoon? Tune in at lunchtime on www.irishrugby.ie/tvlive to watch the team announcement press conference live.

Irish Rugby TV will be streaming live from the team hotel as Declan Kidney announces the Ireland team to play Italy in the opening game of the 2010 RBS 6 Nations Championship and you can view the press conference live right here on IrishRugby.ie.

The press conference starts at 1.30pm approx. so tune in to www.irishrugby.ie/tvlive and be the first to know.
    Don't forget you can also keep up to date with the all the matchday action with our O2 MatchDay Live service - live radio streams and full match updates will keep you up with all the action on the day.

Ireland Team Announcement Live - www.irishrugby.ie/tvlive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭thehighground

Sexton out of 22!!! Forum melt doen imminent. Mods break out their Rosary beads and banning sticks

Would understand an extra prop on the bench instead of Sexton or ROG but not an extra back.

Would like to see Mclaughlin start

Might be they want to take off BOD early and save him for France.

Dropping Sexton from 22 could be to keep him under the radar for French game where an element of surprise would help.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

It is entirely possible that Sexton is carrying an injury, we will know in about 5 mins anyway

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Dropping Sexton from 22 could be to keep him under the radar for French game where an element of surprise would help.

Considering he only has two games under his belt in the last few months it would be silly to drop him into the France game. I can only assume he's injured.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

So Sexton starts

Sexton injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Wow no Sexton is right, he has a dead leg and is unavailable apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Beanmachine

Delighted for Mclaughlin

Healy
    Flannery
    Hayes
    DOC
    POC
    McLaughlin
    Wallace
    Heaslip
    TOL
    ROG
    Trimble
    D'Arcy
    BOD
    Bowe
    Kearney

Best , Court, Cullen, O'Brien, Reddan, Wallace, Earls

We'll see very soon how many are right or wrong.

All correct.

Kearney
    Bowe
    BOD
    D'Arcy
    Trimble
    ROG
    TOL
    Healy
    Flannery
    Hayes
    DOC
    POC
    McLaughlin
    Wallace
    Heaslip

Best
    Court
    Cullen
    SOB
    Reddan
    Wallace
    Earls

danthefan called it right. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Flannery back in should make the lineout better.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Not thrilled about Flannery and Best being the hookers considering their lack of game time, and would have preferred Best starting, but its a minor quibble. Good team otherwise (bar the obvious issue of Reddan).

:mad:..... trimble
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

if he fecks up again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭PhatPiggins

Wow no Sexton is right, he has a dead leg and is unavailable apparently

Thank fck another few days free of ROGgate tribunals

Have you got the final score by any chance Dan?

Advertisement