Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tedious Bickering

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

ullu wrote: »
    I'll probably head out in any case, I haven't been on the bike in weeks.

It's a bit of fun too and will be a chance for people to get together after the thaw and stretch their legs a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭short circuit

So how is this going to work ...

Everyone meets up on top of Howth head ... Tonto/Mockler set off ... and everyone follows them to the close.

Or does anyone plan on heading off earlier and waiting for the guys on Bray head.

Or does anyone plan on going straight to Bray head and hope Mockler shows up for the race.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Everyone meets up on top of Howth head ?

Haven't cycled up a hill since 2009, 1st I will need to get my arse up there... I might head off ahead and take a few photos at the finish.. that's if the Tonto Express doesn't overtake me half way to Bray.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭short circuit

Haven't cycled up a hill since 2009, 1st I will need to get my arse up there... I might head off ahead and take a few photos at the finish.. that's if the Tonto Express doesn't overtakes me half way to Bray.

So is there a D15 contingent of spectators going out on Saturday. We must arrange a meet up along the way ... so we can discuss the weather and road condition as we go along.

I hope my new frame gets here tomorrow and I can build it up on Friday. Would love to give the new bike a spin on saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Home:Ballyhoura

I hope my new frame gets here tomorrow and I can build it up on Friday. Would love to give the new bike a spin on saturday.

Mind me asking what frame you're getting? I received those pedals today thank you very much! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

@shortc. What is the new frame?
    Have you ditched the Orbea?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭daymobrew

One idea could be to have people at one or two points along the way to ensure that there wasn't any cheating e.g. someone at Alfie Byrne Road.

I know that the route is not fixed but there are likely to be a few roads that will be taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

daymobrew wrote: »
    One idea could be to have people at one or two points along the way to ensure that there wasn't any cheating e.g. someone at Alfie Byrne Road.

I know that the route is not fixed but there are likely to be a few roads that will be taken.
    Surely they will both be crossing the east link. had planned on walking down to wave the peleton past

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

i have to help my dad put a roof on his shed, so is there any chance we can get find out if the race actually goes ahead, so i can get to the end to see the mont Ventoux style finish?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,037 ✭✭✭coolbeans

I've been busy but obviously so have ye. My understanding is that mockler on a full susser reckons he'll beat an experienced cyclist on a roadie!? No chance at all although God does love a trash talking trier. Fair ****s to the two lads though. This could be epic. :)

• Advertisement

Where is cpt. havoc with a promotional poster?? I think some mod intervention may be necessary here to get him working on it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

At the very least this thread should be renamed ( ...or rerenamed?) to something more befitting its epic magnificence.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

"Clash of the Tontos"

Damn, there is only one of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,021 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

niceonetom wrote: »
    At the very least this thread should be renamed ( ...or rerenamed?) to something more befitting its epic magnificence.

Renamed from "Tedious bickering" to "Epic Bickering".

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

Lumen wrote: »
    Renamed from "Tedious bickering" to "Bickering".

Your munificence awes us all.

+1

Edit- Dont i feel silly... The mods are too quick around here
    qtitle.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

"Dumb and Dumber"

"The good, the bad and the ugly"

"The quick and the dead"

I'll stop now...

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

So how is this going to work ...

Everyone meets up on top of Howth head ... Tonto/Mockler set off ... and everyone follows them to the close.

Or does anyone plan on heading off earlier and waiting for the guys on Bray head.

Or does anyone plan on going straight to Bray head and hope Mockler shows up for the race.

I think we can all head off together. The rule is no wheel sucking, but that shouldn't stop people leaving a few bike lengths and/or riding side by side if they want.
    daymobrew wrote: »

We decided that bike computers can be checked to counter any attempts at cheating.
    abcdggs wrote: »
    Surely they will both be crossing the east link. had planned on walking down to wave the peleton past

Yes, we'll be taking the East Link.
    i have to help my dad put a roof on his shed, so is there any chance we can get find out if the race actually goes ahead, so i can get to the end to see the mont Ventoux style finish?

I'll have my phone with me, so I'll probably be posting from the start line.

Just heard from the exiled one. He says he'll be bringing a mate who'll compete on a hardtail.

He assures me he'll be pushing it "like a lady giving birth to a fat kid".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Doctor Bob

You're coming along Strand Road, right?

I might head out in my PJs with a few orange segments for the peloton.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Bunnyhopper

102535.jpg

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Is this really still epic?? At one stage there was a suggestion of a cannonball-style race across Dublin for pink slips or 2k - now its a race for a 50 yoyo donation - I think the epic-ness has evaporated!

Would live to go but have other things on. Will people be wearing Boards.ie kit?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Jawgap wrote: »
    Will people be wearing Boards.ie kit?

Will red lights be observed?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,598 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

uberwolf wrote: »
    That's the idea - policing it will, I guess, be the issue.

uberwolf wrote: »

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Beasty wrote: »
    That's the idea - policing it will, I guess, be the issue.
    el tonto wrote: »
    Yes

phew.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

el tonto wrote: »
    Yes

I guess that'll be your excuse then. I could be unfair on the chap, but Mockler doesn't seem like the type of dude that would share your fervour for red lights.

Btw- that quote about pushing it is the best oneliner I have heard in a long long while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Are paths and going the wrong way on one way streets out of bounds?

Who is doing the doping controls?

Are paths and going the wrong way on one way streets out of bounds?

The idea is everyone cycles within the rules of the road.
    Who is doing the doping controls?

RobFowl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

2/3 odds on El Tonto - I'd take some of that action

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement