Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tedious Bickering

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I'm sure we can get one fixie head out. Raam? Fancy being token cross guy?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Beasty wrote: »
    I'd love to witness this, but it appears I am far too old (and will have the kids on my hands)

Any rules (eg no RLJs), or is it "No Holds Barred"?

I think no red light jumping, no scutting and no taking the train.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

el tonto wrote: »
    I'm sure we can get one fixie head out. Raam? Fancy being token cross guy?

Do I have to?

Raam wrote: »
    Do I have to?

I thought you weren't breaking out the road bike for another few weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

I thought you weren't breaking out the road bike for another few weeks?

I'll be there for a bit, but I shouldn't be doing any big efforts.

• Advertisement

I promise I won't hurt you...

... too badly.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,598 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I thought the whole idea was you hold the cash then set the pair of them off, get on your bike to get to the end before either of them, so you can judge who finishes first. You then hand €50 back to the winner, and the other €50 over to SSF.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,021 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I think no red light jumping, no scutting and no taking the train.

And no drafting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭flickerx

I'm well late coming to this thread, I thought it was about something else.

Do you need a fixie rider to participate in a fun race?

flickerx wrote: »
    Do you need a fixie rider to participate in a fun race?

Yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

blorg wrote: »
    @Mockler- this is deadly serious.

I was sort of hoping the start time would slip, I might make it myself with the old helmet cam. Not racing but I could see if I could keep up with ye and get some footage.

Hey Blorg, how do you plan to keep both Tonto and mockler in the same camera shot? Or are you gonna wait for mockler at each junction and then head back up the road to the tête de la course? You'll be like a bloody yoyo!

mockler007 wrote: »
    on velos lol now theres are fcukin idea and a half!
    the first race ever by us at boards on velos!
    Blorg you good at taking footage
    You tube it
    mockler007 wrote: »
    on velos lol now theres are fcukin idea and a half
    the first race ever covered on velos by boards!
    me on a racer are you mad?

I don't think i've ever seen a chinese whisper 6 minute echo before, which means he actually went and typed almost the same thing twice!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

I will fixie too

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,598 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

flickerx wrote: »
    fun race?

Fun for the Saturday shoppers and any spectators maybe, not so sure about the participants though:)

kenmc wrote: »
    Hey Blorg, how do you plan to keep both Tonto and mockler in the same camera shot?

I believe they're the same person. It's like Fight Club. Mockler is Tyler Durden, and Tonto the "unnamed narrator".

ISTR Tonto talking about doing up his gaff a while back. It must have been blown up like the Ikea-furnished apartment at the start of the film.

This alter ego allows our pugilistic protagonist to break free the syntactic chains of his workaday existence and indulge his wild-talking mountain biking fantasies while keeping his straight-laced Euro-compliant central personality intact.

This will end with large explosions. Don't say I didn't warn you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

Beasty wrote: »
    Fun for the Saturday shoppers and any spectators maybe, not so sure about the participants though:)
    saturday?

Lumen wrote: »
    This will end with large explosions. Don't say I didn't warn you.
    Ah now thats a bit mean - just cos you haven't seen him on a bike recently doesn't mean he's not been on the turbo.

just cos you haven't seen him on a bike recently doesn't mean he's not been on the turbo.

Who? Me or Mockler?

does bold help at all?

does bold help at all?

D'oh

• Advertisement

The more observant may have noticed that Mockler's managed to get himself banned, for an extended period of time, and for reasons not worth going into here (by which I mean posts discussing the ban will be deleted).

He assures me that the race is still very much on.

Not that I'm getting involved or anything.

Please play nicely whilst he's unable to respond in person.

Was just about to post about this. I have his mobile number and the race is still on.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭ullu

Do people genuinely think that mockler will turn up?

Yes.

ullu wrote: »
    Do people genuinely think that mockler will turn up?
    Yes.

What happens if more than one "mockler" turns up. i.e. how will s/he be recognised? any distinguishing features besides a ban?

I think he will alright. Lumen's met him. I've got his phone number. The guy seems game.

Any other takers for participants. We've got roadies, MTB and fixies so far.

how will s/he be recognised? any distinguishing features besides a ban?
    Lumen's met him. I've got his phone number.
    Well that answers that then!
    Any other takers for participants. We've got roadies, MTB and fixies so far.
    Need DFD on his trike to complete it :)

We need petethedrummer on his high nellie.

We need petethedrummer on his high nellie.
    Does he get a headstart, or do you think the extra momentum he'll aquire from the summit is adequate compensation ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭ullu

Yes.
    el tonto wrote:
    I think he will alright. Lumen's met him. I've got his phone number. The guy seems game.

Cool, I hope you're right. The fact that he appears to be trying to sell the bike he is supposed to be racing on this weekend doesn't fill me with condfidence though.

I'll probably head out in any case, I haven't been on the bike in weeks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement