Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tedious Bickering

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭zzzzzzzz

el tonto wrote: »
    HIGH NOON, meeting outside the Summit pub a the top of Howth Head.

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

OK, time for a roll call. Who's coming out in the morning? I should be there shortly before 12.
    I'll be there shortly after 12.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

blorg wrote: »
    I'll be there shortly after 12.

I thought a 12 o'clock start might suit your legendary punctuality. ;)

That route is far from the shortest, should it not just be Howth to Bray. Very difficult to police surely, reckon we would need at least one checkpoint around the area of Vico Road.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Let's not over complicate it. We've both agree to use the same route.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Should be there

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭poochiem

surely once around the car park and everyone in for pints instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭flickerx

I like your thinking, poochiem.

But a stop in Bray along the coast (that route on Vico road hill is a pain in the hole) would be good. There is a decent couple of pubs there, a porterhouse I think, they will have food too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

I may be mistaken, but does the route send you the wrong way down a one way street on the Vico road?

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭poochiem

Raam wrote: »
    I may be mistaken, but does the route send you the wrong way down a one way street on the Vico road?

sounds like a good spot to set up the cameras

• Advertisement

Tomorrow:

nat01_weather.png?1501

flickerx wrote: »
    Tomorrow:

nat01_weather.png?1501

Curse those pesky rain-sun-clouds.

Dont think so. Not to my memory when I did that route before. Although we may have gone some other way close to it, I dont really know that part of town at all.

You going to be there Raam? I intend on getting some fashion tips from you for my future road biking career. Maybe I'll even take some pics of you for the dublin streets blog.

Dont think so. Not to my memory when I did that route before. Although we may have gone some other way close to it, I dont really know that part of town at all.

I thought this bit was one-way, heading north
    http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&ie=UTF8&radius=1.07&rq=1&ev=zo&hq=dalkey&hnear=&msa=0&ll=53.261902,-6.11093&spn=0.014452,0.03562&z=15&msid=113920163981166772834.00047d3557a04331a0476

You going to be there Raam? I intend on getting some fashion tips from you for my future road biking career. Maybe I'll even take some pics of you for the dublin streets blog.

I shall be there, alas my winter gear is nowhere near as loud as my summer ensemble.

I know that narrow bit alright. I had thought it was two way. Easy to bypass though if it is one-way, just head up to the very top of Killiney Hill and down the other side.

I left accidentally left my coolest winter gear in Spain.

I know that narrow bit alright. I had thought it was two way. Easy to bypass though if it is one-way, just head up to the very top of Killiney Hill and down the other side.
    No deviations from the route. Or are you thinking of cheating, Tonto?

Or are you thinking of cheating, Tonto?

Typical road cyclists, always looking for some cheat to get ahead.

No deviations from the route. Or are you thinking of cheating, Tonto?

The deviation is longer

• Advertisement

The deviation is longer
    Still a deviation... I think if it is one way the only option would be to get off and walk...

Here's Lance cheating in the Tour:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

Is this a one off?

I think there should also be a race around Ballinastoe between the mtb and the road bike, then compare the times:D

Vélo wrote: »
    Is this a one off?

I think there should also be a race around Ballinastoe between the mtb and the road bike, then compare the times:D

No one is claiming that a road bike would be faster on an MTB course ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

No one is claiming that a road bike would be faster on an MTB course ;)

It would as long as it was dry;)

No I'm not laying down a challenge

• Registered Users Posts: 31,034 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Vélo wrote: »
    Is this a one off?

I think there should also be a race around Ballinastoe between the mtb and the road bike a horse, then compare the times:D

Now that would be fun to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭oflahero

Been looking for an excuse to get out and stretch the legs. Should be there. Prediction: a guarded dawdle with lots of sledging all the way from Howth as far as the traffic lights at the former Dell site on Vevay Road, after which it actually becomes a race, namely, a 200-metre sprint with a "hilltop" finish on the roundabout...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Gonna try to get up to Howth for 12 but I'll only have time to head down to Clontarf/Fairview (if even that...)

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭-K2-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

what are the chances of that poor timing, either way Im sure a few bikes can fit through ;)

• Advertisement

It's a collapsed wall. It may well be cleared by tomorrow.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement