Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Little things that annoy on you on boards...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

EL_Loco wrote: »
    People who reply to a post which involves the posters describing something that happened, only for some, oh so funny person, to write it from the other side.
    Saay whaat?
    sugarman wrote: »
    Group of trannies flashing as they went by on a horse & carrage on Dame Street a couple of weekends back. Put me right off my breakie roll:mad:
    The most scummiest thing I've ever seen was some guy eating a breakfast roll on Dame Street a few weekends ago. Myself and my fellow ladyboys were so disgusted that we had to get the cocks out even though we were travelling at great speed in a horse & carriage.

This had me in tears of laughter when I first read it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

The lack of a 'No Thanks' button

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

Badly titled threads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Badly titled threads

me too

mike

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

When a mod cuts off a discussion for pre-emptive reasons.

Yea that annoys me. I was reading a thread titled "names you wouldnt name your baby" and the mod closed it in case it offended anybody :confused:

"you wouldnt name you baby Paul, thats so mean, i hate you, my name is Paul :mad: internet friendship over"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

thorbarry wrote: »
    Yea that annoys me. I was reading a thread titled "names you wouldnt name your baby" and the mod closed it in case it offended anybody :confused:

"you wouldnt name you baby Paul, thats so mean, i hate you, my name is Paul :mad: internet friendship over"

Thorbarry is a pretty terrible name for a baby.

It's like somebody called Barry lives with chronic pain and has a speech impediment. Tragic stuff.

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Thorbarry is a pretty terrible name for a baby.

It's like somebody called Barry lives with chronic pain and has a speech impediment. Tragic stuff.

I know what were my folks thinking... I think something like Clint or Spiderman would have been much better suited

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

People who misspell wary as weary. Its done so often and really annoys me.
    A quick search of the word 'weary' reveals just how prolific it's misuse is!
    whatnext wrote: »
    you need to be weary of scraping sites...
    vermonaman wrote: »
    this is bloody great, i would still be a little weary of leaving my 2k bike there but its by far the best option, must check it out
    Biggins wrote:
    I, for myself, would be otherwise weary of anything posted in his favour if it was to conflict with the case as outlined in court and its result.
    Good luck with the finger Cronin. Broke a couple myself. Always weary taking the first few passes after going back.
    walsh25 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. Ya i got a good pair of shorts from the local bike shop so no worries there. I will check out the website you mention but i am always weary of ordering items of clothing online.

For those who are still unsure:

wary
    watchful; being on one's guard against danger.

weary
    physically or mentally exhausted by hard work, exertion, strain, etc.; fatigued; tired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I know what were my folks thinking... I think something like Clint or Spiderman would have been much better suited

Agreed. As a matter of interest are you thor sore all the time?

Sorry - didn't mean to mock your speech impediment there.

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Agreed. As a matter of interest are you thor sore all the time?

Sorry - didn't mean to mock your speech impediment there.

sometimes it hurts, but most of the time i can get on with things and live a normal life. My biopic movie is coming out next year "sore thor"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Lorrs33

I hate that no matter what your post is about, there's always some smartass who ruins it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭xoxyx

People who put abbreviations in their posts that they just made up!!! And then I go and waste countless minutes on Google trying to find out what they're on about. IRGMG!
    My problem is that I care too much...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

But, but my name is Paul.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,021 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

People on the Tech-ICDG boards (mainly technical discussion regarding television) who dont know how to spell "aerial"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

brummytom =/p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

K4t wrote: »
    brummytom =/p

You have ten minutes to explain how your post doesn't contravene this:
    No taking digs at other, specific posters.

Or it's a paddlin' for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

Or it's a paddlin' for you.

he's gonna need some canoe there :pac:

K4t wrote: »
    brummytom =/p

Banned.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

People who characterise some subset of society as being 'elites.' Hyperbole in general.

Woah. I've just discovered that you can change the size of the quickreply box. This makes up for the above complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Anyway, another annoying thing: when nobody on boards is in the same mood as you. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

Hitler style moderation.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,357 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Annoying dwarfs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

* People who thank silly posts just because other people did, and it's usually only a half witty response//The need to say something funny immediately to get lots of thanks [merged these two as they are similar!]

* The insensitivity of some posters about serious topics - just because it's posted in AH doesn't always require the expected smart ass comments.

* The way some people argue their point - yes it's very easy to be insulting and hypocritical about things when you're typing in front of a computer screen, but it doesn't mean you're being particularly clever. However you will probably get lots of thanks [see point 1]

* The OTT modding/warning [see aforementioned examples in other posts].

Hitler style moderation.

I don't know, I thought Hitler was a very fair mod.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I dislike it when mods act unprofessional, they let personal feelings influence moderating decisions, they actively "seek out" so-called troublesome posters, pick apart a posting to look for faults to issue a warning or a ban.

It's like there *waiting* for you to say something so they can ban your ass!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I don't know, I thought Hitler was a very fair mod.

He was pretty biased to towards the blue eyed blond posters though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

PI and RI! Not knowing if advice actually helped, or if they took it!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

When people act all tough on the internet. "If I was in that position I probably would have punched the chap".

When in reality they probably would have ignored it, looked away and whinged about it on an internet forum later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭jif

people who dont understand the cardinal rule:

EVERYTHING A POSTER SAYS IS THEIR OPINION NOT FACT!!! and saying fact doesnt make it fact either ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭g-whizz

People that sign their username at the end of posts...

Advertisement