Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Little things that annoy on you on boards...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

robbie_998 wrote: »
    huh ?

Look a bit closer.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

Look a bit closer.:pac:

im laughing even harder now :DD:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

jumpguy wrote: »
    I hate it when people start having an off-topic conversation in the middle of a perfectly good thread. :P

Yeah I hate those people....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Elliemental

Actually you can: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/banlist.php

Forum/cat bans are usually obvious from the poster.

Love the League of Bastards!
    But sorry for the dumb question, what is a `sigspammer`?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

But sorry for the dumb question, what is a `sigspammer`?
    At a guess:
    Someone's whose signature (probably in a large font, in bold) serves only to promote their website and posts random shit to 'sigspam'?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

the fact that others have opinions..and are all wrong

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

What're those little things people do on boards, or just about boards that annoy you (this isn't a feedback thread)?

Overheal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,576 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

blond45 wrote: »
    people who complain about programes on tv but still watches them.

Still watches?

what's that?

You watch a tv programme with your watch stopped .??

Is this a new trend??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,021 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

People who attempt to fillibuster by repeatedly raising points which have already been addressed earlier in the thread and then persist in attempting to wriggle out when pulled up on it ?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Spammers are my personal hatred. I despise them.
    Posters who persist in angry PM conversations with me about every little thing. The only part of me that's super human is my liver and that's only got a few years left so cut the mods some slack.
    +1, yore ma and all that crap.
    Anyone who uses phrases like "PC gone mad" incorrectly or mentions pinkos, lefties, liberals, bleeding hearts etc.
    Religious debate. Stop talking about it. You are not going to convince each other.
    Discussions about the future of boards.
    Discussions about how boards was better in the old days.
    People looking to get offended by absolutely every and any thing.
    Gimmick posters.
    Re-regges.
    The fact that Celeb and showbiz and TV is under arts.
    People who don't ever admit they're wrong.
    Keyboard warriors.
    Goats cheese. Ick.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Walsh

'IBTL' <--- Why bother?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

<insert standard AH response here>

^^ I hate this crap. If you have nothing to say - Then don't say it.
    That wrecks my bulb to. It wasnt funny the first time so why do it a million times. Seems to be a generic response to get the posters post count up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,576 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Spammers are my personal hatred. I despise them.
    Posters who persist in angry PM conversations with me about every little thing. The only part of me that's super human is my liver and that's only got a few years left so cut the mods some slack.
    +1, yore ma and all that crap.
    Anyone who uses phrases like "PC gone mad" incorrectly or mentions pinkos, lefties, liberals, bleeding hearts etc.
    Religious debate. Stop talking about it. You are not going to convince each other.
    Discussions about the future of boards.
    Discussions about how boards was better in the old days.
    Gimmick posters.
    Re-regges.
    The fact that Celeb and showbiz and TV is under arts.
    People who don't ever admit they're wrong.
    Keyboard warriors.
    Goats cheese. Ick.

Oooh touch of burnout there Doc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

People who sign every one of their post.

What about the weekly "if only we could get drugs legalised wouldnt it be the answer to all the worlds problems/downfall of humanity and all we hold dear" thread :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Mike 1972 wrote: »
    What about the weekly "wouldnt it be great/awful if we could convince them to legalise drugs" thread :)

I believe this week it's plant fertilizer. And the abortion debates. Got to love them too.
    Oooh touch of burnout there Doc.

My iron fist will never rust. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

The general lack of reading comprehension here. Too many posters react to something that was not said, or fail to notice what was said, in a previous post. It might help to remember that you're almost always talking to total strangers here, and so "reading between the lines" is going to drop you in it, sooner or later. :cool:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

I believe this week it's plant fertilizer.

So Doctor would you be into th'aul plant fertiliser yourself or are you more of an organic methods type guy ?

(Sorry) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

When somebody posts a long post and then the next poster quotes all of it and does +1 or a one line sentance. I scrolled through all that for nothing!
    If you post immediately after somone you don't have to quote them.

Posters went to Whelans last night in town , I know several pubs named that and more towns then most.

Or posters who put spaces and then a full stop after their post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

No taking digs at other, specific posters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

mikemac wrote: »
    When somebody posts a long post and then the next poster quoutes all of it and does +1 or a long line sentance.
    If you post immediately after somone you don't have to quote them.
    Yes - and that's nothing new, it's been "netiquette" for years now. The general rules I remember go something like this:
    • quote what you're replying to, and reply to what you're quoting. If you're not replying to part of a post, then don't quote that part. (See what I did above?).
    • Split it up: quote, reply, quote, reply, etc. (See below: this is actually harder here on the Boards because of the way the quoting system works.)
    • Last, but not least: post more than you quote. Not foolproof, but a good start.
    mikemac wrote: »
    Posters went to Whelans last night in town , I know several pubs named that and more towns then most..
    This seems to be a specifically Irish thing - navigating by pub. I've had a doctor send me for an X-Ray, telling me that the radiology clinic was next to a certain pub. :confused:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

bnt wrote: »
    This seems to be a specifically Irish thing - navigating by pub.

Might be something to do with the lack of a postcode system and/or consistent system of standard addresses?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Four-Percent

Gimmick posters.

damn right!

Just..... leave me alone!

Also this. And why do people bother quoting the bible/their favourite anti-religion quote in their sig?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Writing a long thread about how much of an ar*ehole some poster is, and when I click the "submit reply" thread, I find it's locked, as the mod also didn't like the ar*ehole's answer.
    Also this. And why do people bother quoting the bible/their favourite anti-religion quote in their sig?
    http://www.lolcatbible.com :P

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

The tittle of this thread could just as easily be changed to "little things that Scumlord loves on boards"

You people just don't knows no good dramas when you see em! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭30txsbzmcu2k9w

The whole speaking in third person thing kinda grates a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

If you think X people assuming you therefore agree with Y because people who think Y may agree with X

Ladies lounge is the worst place for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

If you think X people assuming you therefore agree with Y because people who think Y may agree with X

What?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭glaston

The excessive censoring of medical advice!

Seen a girl get banned for a while because she started a post informing people about an MS conference in Leopardstown or somewhere!
    Mod treated her like a criminal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Overuse 'facepalm' and/or the Picard facepalm pic.
    Overuse of lolcats.
    Overuse of lolcat speak; no, you can't has it.
    People starting threads to ask questions which can clearly be answered with a quick Google.

Advertisement