Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Little things that annoy on you on boards...

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Mod warning: Post 159 <insert random 3-digit number>.

They're fecking impossible to find without considerable effort. Why not just edit the OP and put the warning there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

They're fecking impossible to find without considerable effort. Why not just edit the OP and put the warning there?

I agree with this.

This is impossible to find on m.boards

• Registered Users Posts: 8,380 ✭✭✭Riddle101

When a posters posts a comment that is somewhat meaninless or stupid, and get's like a ton of thanks.

People make comments just for thanks.

people who claim to be an expert on a topic in a debate, just because it makes them feel superior to the other posters. It dosen't really, it just makes you look like an egotistical twat.

Religous threads, nuff said.

People who post just for the sake of posting something negative about the OP and his topic, because they feel they'll get thanks for making the OP look like a fool.

People who look for the smallest most irrelevant thing on a person's post, and then criticise them over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Fintomiginto

"Pics or GTFO"

^^ Really annoys me. It's getting ****ing old now!!

Thats the one right there, very very gay

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I agree with this.

This is impossible to find on m.boards

Right. Lets get pro-active on this.
    Gimme a few minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Riddle101 wrote: »
    When a posters posts a comment that is somewhat meaninless or stupid, and get's like a ton of thanks.

People make comments just for thanks.

people who claim to be an expert on a topic in a debate, just because it makes them feel superior to the other posters. It dosen't really, it just makes you look like an egotistical twat.

Religous threads, nuff said.

People who post just for the sake of posting something negative about the OP and his topic, because they feel they'll get thanks for making the OP look like a fool.

People who look for the smallest most irrelevant thing on a person's post, and then criticise them over it.
    Quite a few posts on the thread I agree with including these points you make here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,467 ✭✭✭Wazdakka

<insert standard AH response here>

^^ I hate this crap. If you have nothing to say - Then don't say it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

The amount of fascists and neo-blueshirts.
    ;)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055728088

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

I dislike when whole threads are made up of puns related to the original post.
    Puns gets old after a while, particularly when they outnumber actual responses.

And what's with all this IBTL carry on. There's nothing stupider than seeing IBTL on the third or fourth post of a thread that now has 7 pages. (Although I'm probably guilty of that myself :))

Don't you hate it when you put a post on the thread. Then nobody else posts anything else on the thread so it looks like you've killed the conversation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

awkward silence

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

GaNjaHaN wrote: »

Don't you hate it when you put a post on the thread. Then nobody else posts anything else on the thread so it looks like you've killed the conversation.
    /Tumbleweed

EDIT: Damn you poisonated! *shakes fist*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭karlog

When no one thanks your post when you clearly deserve it for having a witty/humorous comment.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

karlog wrote: »
    When no one thanks your post when you clearly deserve it for having a witty/humorous comment.

Well go on then...

It annoys me when a serious thread is started here and half of the first page is just a load of replies saying "this shouldn't be in AH"; "were you expecting a serious answer?"

Fuck off with that shite.. After Hours has had plenty of very successful debates/discussions on mature topics, replies like that just irritate me

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Mike 1972 wrote: »
    People deliberately using lowercase "b"'s or "e"'s to spell words like "British" "England" etc but Capital letters for all other countries/nationalities.

I also H8 PPL who use TXT SPK

I have to agree with Mike here, I can't stand the text speak bull! Does it hide an inability to write/spell normal English???.....Muppet's!

It annoys me when a serious thread is started here and half of the first page is just a load of replies saying "this shouldn't be in AH"; "were you expecting a serious answer?"

Yea, mods should consider deleting stupid posts like those.

Yea, mods should consider deleting stupid posts like these.
    Ermm.. ok?

What?

brummytom wrote: »
    Ermm.. ok?

What?

The posts you're talking about.
    Not your post :)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Yea, mods should consider deleting stupid posts like these.
    Ermm.. ok?

What?
    The posts you're talking about.
    Not your post :)

Typo, e instead of o.:)

lol, Well spotted. I fixed it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,575 ✭✭✭✭PFJSplitter

Little things that annoy on you on boards...

More than anything, the Romans.
    Browbeat a topic to many deaths...

Threads where I fully expect my name to be mentioned and it isn't.

I mean, I'm a child (little) and annoying. Why's no one said me? I would have

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I mean, I'm a child (little) and annoying.
    Not annoying enough little buddy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Zynks

Posters with absolutely no grasp of grammer.

and how do you feel about bad spelling?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Burkey0

Sycophantic thanking of a mod's post, even if they haven't banned someone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Saltour Sossiez

The feminists who, not matter what the post, get numerous 'thanks'.

Same goes for some mods who think they're funny. You get the usual ****, unfunny response from one of the mods and they end up getting thanked by everyone. Not forgetting the sheep who click on that thumb.

The people who make excuses and defend the scumbag Nigerians and Romanians leeching off and conning the state of course. Leftist *****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

Pricks who think they matter on here lol hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Saltour Sossiez

The lack of consistency and the anti-white agenda on the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭blow69

I particularly hate the phrase "absolute tripe"

What is tripe?

And the music forum is crap aswell. People seem to talk about Beyonce and Cheryl Cole in there for some strange reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭RedDragonJack

I'm a member of alot of different forum sites, and am not too active on any of them, and the thing that i hate more than anything is people that get to technical with details, rules etc. I read forums daily, but am abit shy about posting and when i occasionally build up the confidence to post i get hammered by some troll about some mistake in my post or that i'm braking some obscure nonsense rule. So for me, it's the general feeling of hostility or snobbishness i get when reading forums.

Advertisement