Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow / Ice Reports December 18th onwards.

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

Heavy snow here this evening on the hills around Ballybofey

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Yeah believe trucks etc stuck on mcgroaty's brae at round 7 pm. Road bad between drumkeen and gap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

We went through Meenaroy earlier and it was pretty crazy, could barely see in front of the bus with the heavy snow and the road was totally covered. About 10 minutes after we passed through it was on Highland that the road was blocked with cars getting stuck so we were lucky.

Just a warning for anyone, definitely wouldnt risk it tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

we have 4 inches of snow since 2pm, and its still falling... heaviest snow in the last 6 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Not a bit of snow in Letterkenny, but as soon as i got to the top of Lurgybrack the road turned white and the cars slow to a snails pace. Very heavy but seemed to stop snowing about 20 minutes ago.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭eman66

Mountain Top in Letterkenny getting hairy, from the hospital roundabout out to Ellistrin. The nature watchers reckon the frost and snow will be with us until the mid/end of March.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Deer Hunter DL

i have a landrover pm me if anyone is stuck :D

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Durnish

Imagine the Olympic snow boarding finals from Meenaroy Hill and Largybrack. What fun the commentators would have with the names.

Can't wait for the Meenaroy snowpics, although that is a horrible stretch of road at the best of times, usually has a river running down it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Might as well reopen this thread again, seems we have a load more snow forecast from early tues morning, i dont every remember (not that im that old) snow in april, well if the weather forecasters are right i wont be able to say that again:(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,315 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

tomorrow morning could be fun109024.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,863 ✭✭✭✭muffler

i dont every remember (not that im that old) snow in april
    I remember very heavy snow at the end of the first week in April. I think it was 1970.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

This feels like the never ending thread:(

there was snow in april in 1993 as far as i mind

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

muffler wrote: »
    I remember very heavy snow at the end of the first week in April. I think it was 1970.
    Your memory is working well then.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=65141397&postcount=195

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Domscard

Senna wrote: »
    This feels like the never ending thread:(

So right - a never ending saga! But I really don't believe this will last, if it hits at all. It can't ... can it???

hope it comes i love the snow :D

anyone have any snow storys today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Yeah the fact that I haven't seen any. Well not yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

there was a good bit lying on the hills around me, loads lying in feilds too on the long lane (between newtown and st.johnson) some on the roads but its more slush than anything, the wind is really picking up now though!

so, what about Meenaroy Hill, from L'kenny to Finntown/Glenties?

I should be travelling over that hill pass on Saturday night. Aaagh.

• Advertisement

oh, flip, the Gallaghers Coach from Belfast to L@kenny was stranded on the Glenshane Pass for eight hours last night!
    That's my planned bus for Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,863 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Durnish wrote: »
    oh, flip, the Gallaghers Coach from Belfast to L@kenny was stranded on the Glenshane Pass for eight hours last night!
    That's my planned bus for Saturday.
    You'll be fine. The sun will be splitting the rocks come Saturday :D

That's moderator power for youse!

Advertisement