Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What can I wear it with?

Options
  • 21-03-2011 10:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭

I've noticed numerous threads with posters looking for advice on what to wear with pieces to make the most of them. I thought it would be a good idea to have one thread for specifically for this so we can share ideas and get inspiration from other posters :D (If it's ok with the mods ;))

I ordered this floral corset from forever 21 and have absolutely no idea what to wear it with. I think it would be great for summer but want to avoid looking 'tarty; at all costs. I'm a size 8 and tall so I don't have to worry about cleavage spilling out. All tips appreciated!

24kw5r4.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Good idea Sibylla!

Bought this bag the other day, looking for nude/stone shoes to go with it... So excited! 491GL09541.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 paul2641

Sibllya,

I would say just a pair of 3 quarter length puffy chinos, a hair of heels and a bun in the hair will make it that bit classy :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Sibylla

MIN2511 wrote: »
    Good idea Sibylla!

Bought this bag the other day, looking for nude/stone shoes to go with it... So excited! 491GL09541.jpg
    That bag is gorgeous, I think it would look great with a pair of peeptoe heels like these
    from Asos.

91ey5f.jpg

@Paul 2641, Thanks for the advice, All male input appreciated too!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Sibylla wrote: »
    I ordered this floral corset from forever 21 and have absolutely no idea what to wear it with. I think it would be great for summer but want to avoid looking 'tarty; at all costs. I'm a size 8 and tall so I don't have to worry about cleavage spilling out. All tips appreciated!

My friend has one just like it and it looks amazing with a plain block-colour high waisted skirt or shorts!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

Delivery is 6.00, 3-5 working days, I am expecting mine tomorrow! As far as I know you have to order online they don't accept phone bookings at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

Hey folks

I have a dress very similar to this
    joan-holloway-blue-dress.jpg

It's the same colour but just lacks the buttons down the front, same shape and all.

Could I wear a pair of low red heels with it, do you think? And what kind of tights? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭imbroglio

^^gorgeous dress!

Dunnes have a pair of low red heels for €12 that'd be perfect!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

imbroglio wrote: »
    ^^gorgeous dress!

Dunnes have a pair of low red heels for €12 that'd be perfect!

:D I think those are the exact ones I have! Kinda swedey?

The dress is amazing, cost me about 15 euro in Dunnes and makes me look like I am tall and have curves when I'm not and don't. :D

Bumpety bump! I think it was a great idea by Sibylla to have a thread like this to keep a few of those "what to wear" questions all together, cos a lot of threads get lost where really good advice is given about certain bits of clothes!

My question...what to wear with this that isn't a generic black top? :)
    227786860?$prod_details_hero$

I really love that skirt. If you ever shopped with MINA they always have unusual, gorgeous stock. I do agree with you wearing a plain vest with skirts gets really boring.

TP_265_Limbo_Top_RD_FP_M.jpg

TP_277_Henry_Top_BE_FP_M.jpg

TP_229_Willow_Top_GY_FP_M.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

reallyrose wrote: »
    Could I wear a pair of low red heels with it, do you think? And what kind of tights? :)

Yes to the red heels. I would wear tights with a back seam! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

My question...what to wear with this that isn't a generic black top :)

Dunno if this is a look you'd even consider but I just love these Batman t-shirts with the floral skirts. :)

5854792148_e6e988f7ca_m.jpg

Sibylla wrote: »
    I really love that skirt.

New Look, around 18 euro! :) Its actually shorts, but for the first time for any I've tried on, it easily passes for a skirt! That particular section in New Look has really good fitting playsuits and shorts :)

Love the first top, thank you!

Thank you, Must pop into new look they are very pretty and perfect for summer:):)

The top is currently half price in MINA

http://www.minauk.com/Online/Item/Detail.asp?CTGR=CLTP&PUID=885 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

They're lovely! I think I'd put them with a cream or white chiffon-y blouse or flowy top of some description tucked in, something like this:

image4xl.jpg

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Am tempted to get this blazer from Zara - just wondering what I could wear it with though?

Am tempted to get this blazer from Zara - just wondering what I could wear it with though?

The cut of the blazer is very classic so you have endless options. For a casual look you could team it with flats and shorts. For work with black skinnies. For a more feminine look it would look gorgeous with a nice dress. You should definitely get it ;):D

6164164400_1_1_3.jpg?timestamp=1307032110217

5580965251_1_1_3.jpg?timestamp=1304524672063

1361143620m3_main.jpg

6917151800_1_1_3.jpg?timestamp=1308153583479

It would look great with a wrap dress like this

4543069642.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

Bumpety bump! I think it was a great idea by Sibylla to have a thread like this to keep a few of those "what to wear" questions all together, cos a lot of threads get lost where really good advice is given about certain bits of clothes!

My question...what to wear with this that isn't a generic black top? :)

13W24YLEM_thumb.jpg

bythewoods posted this top from Topshop, I think something in this style could be nice with it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

Hey all, I know there is a thread like this already but I can't seeem to find it so apologies.
    Anyway I bought this dress recently:
    DSC_0956.JPG

and I need some advice on what colours to wear with it. Its fairly short on me, and I have no problem wearing it with bare legs/clear tights in nice weather.
    My problem is, if I want to wear it in cooler weather, what colour leggings/cardigan,should I wear with it? I've thought about white leggings but they seem a bit childish to me (Im 21) but maybe I'm wrong.
    Also, what shape of cardigan would look best? The shoulder/ruffle part is fairly wide. And what kind of shoes? I thought maybe wedges but again not sure what colour. sorry about all the questions.. :o
    Thanks! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

Some shoes from Asos- maybe navy leggings
    image1l.jpg
    image1l.jpg
    image1l.jpg
    image1l.jpg
    image1l.jpg
    image1l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

I recently bought a shirt in Penneys similar to this one,

http://www.asos.com/River-Island/River-Island-Silk-Pocket-Shirt/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=1563236&SearchQuery=blouses&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=200&sort=-1&clr=Cream

Except it's a kinda burnt orange colour.

Haven't a clue what to wear with it...anyone have any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

Thanks Rosebush :-)
    Can one of the mods move this to the 'What can I wear with it?' thread please :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Indiego

I bought this in Bershka yesterday (It was a steal at 15.99!)
    But, i dont really know what i should wear with it, i was thinking of either wedges or pumps (Im going to a garden party at the weekend, and was thinking of wearing it), but im not sure what i could wear over it to avoid looking overly bare :/
    Any advise?
    (By the way, it came with a cute little belt in the same colour, and its not actually as red as it looks in the picture, its more of a rusty orangy-red than a full on scarlet colour.)
    Thanks in advance :)

0611-966_vestido-plisado-rojo-topos_d.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

^ I can't see any pic above of what you bought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Indiego

Novella wrote: »
    ^ I can't see any pic above of what you bought.

It comes up for me :/ hmm
    http://img.trendencias.com/2011/01/0611-966_vestido-plisado-rojo-topos_d.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

Is it linked from email or something? I can't see it either!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Threads merged at OPs request.

Advertisement