Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Weird, Wacky and Awesome World of the NFL - General Banter thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

think the video would be better with pacman music. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Looks more like Tebow than Vick

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

I just love how half the kids dont even know whats going on in that video.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Stev_o wrote: »
    I just love how half the kids dont even know whats going on in that video.

Clipping, facemasking, offsides, PI's. Its football at its purest, by 5 year olds. haha

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Clipping, facemasking, offsides, PI's. Its football at its purest, by 5 year olds. haha

These replacement refs are equally useless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Interesting fact I saw on ESPN. The NFC SB representative has played the AFC East every year since 2006. Clearly San Francisco is going to the superbowl.

Is it just me or are all Ravens fans obsessed with their kickers and punters!

Yes you're absolutely right. We've missed too many big ones. In 2010 our K/P saved us from giving up way more points. But last year, while Koch has still been great, having to work much longer fields thanks to Cundiff being awful past 50 was a big impediment. I'd rather if we punted less though. After a generation of Matt Stover it really bugs us that we aren't getting it right yet, sort of like LT after Ogden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Why are these kids wearing pads and helmets? It looks like the helmets would do more damage than good.

Surely they are too small and too slow to cause any serious damage to each other if they were not wearing pads. The helmets look about 3 or 4 times bigger than their bodies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭CoachTO

Hazys wrote: »
    Why are these kids wearing pads and helmets? It looks like the helmets would do more damage than good.

Surely they are too small and too slow to cause any serious damage to each other if they were not wearing pads. The helmets look about 3 or 4 times bigger than their bodies.

A lot of debate in the US among the coaching community over the advantage and diasadvantages of pee wee football. Many disagree with it as its seen dangerous to kids health and long term effects. That and its coached so badly and kids are being thought horrible things. Some cant even line up properly or tackle properly because the equipment is ridiculously big on them. Only when kids hit high school do they receive proper coaching as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

It is pretty ridiculous looking watching kids wear over-sized helmets. A bit like putting a motorbike helmet on a kid, a kids neck muscles are not developed enough to support the weight or for prolonged wearing. Personally, I really can't see any benefits in kids starting the game so young.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

N0xQH.png

I completely agree no kid under the age of 10 should be wearing helmets and pads that size. They can barely walk in them and taking hits while falling on hard stoney turf coudl result in serious neck and arm injuries. Maybe thats the Mexicans "grass" root developments, get them young and toughen em up in the hope they can make the big leagues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Ravens rarely if ever make splashy FA moves, this ain't the Redskins

And Harbaugh clearly comes from the Andy Reid school of talking but saying nothing, management speak

Not a lot else going on

A new kicker qualifies as big news!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Oh man, I still love Chad. He's going to be the star of an NFL show when he retires.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

Keno 92 wrote: »
    N0xQH.png

He's in the free agent section of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

ucd.1985 wrote: »
    He's in the free agent section of the game.

I just want to know what Awareness rating he gave himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Are Channel 4 going to be showing NFL this year, a look on their website gives no info at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Are Channel 4 going to be showing NFL this year, a look on their website gives no info at all.

Yes they are, more details in this thread here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056740208

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

John Skelton has ''won'' the Cardinals starting job. Kolb makes 14 times as much as Skelton. What an utter, utter shambles that QB situation in Arizona is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Congratulations to Kellen Moore. Made the Lions 53 man roster against all odds.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Derrick Denis didn't make the Patriots after his early release from the Dolphins !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭mongoman

I don't think Dennis ever really had a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »

What level of football was that?

Kellen Winslow cut by the seahawks... I wonder will the Patriots treat themselves to yet another TE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

AIR-AUSSIE wrote: »

The defenders running after him and tackling him is even worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

HigginsJ wrote: »
    What level of football was that?

College football...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭barbarians

Just out of curiosity are there many Dallas Cowboys fans on this forum ?

Was thinking of creating a Dallas Cowboys thread but there doesn't seem to be too many other Cowboys fans on this forum besides myself and I don't want to be talking to myself on the thread :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement