Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PDC world championship 2010

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 554 ✭✭✭spongeman

Sul starting to miss a lot of doubles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Devastator wrote: »
    My bet :- Painter game under 6.5 180s and Cavan game under 7.5 180s, just over 2.5/1

well that was beat :rolleyes::P

Considering Anderson's nerves in tournaments this year and his form on the doubles I think 13/8 looks bit generous for Cavan getting highest checkout .... may be worth a flutter :pac:

Good match this

How did Caven win that set ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

This is a good match..Anderson should be through but for his missing of the doubles..

The last set should be very good..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭shockframe

anderson wins 3-2.made hard work.

next up is sid waddell.oh and barney

Barney playing well within himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Yellowshirt

Any website showing highlights free to view.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭docmartin

any darting betting tips for tonight??

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Decent night last night. Suljovic should have given Painter more of a game, if he had hit his doubles then it could have gone all the way. Well done to Painter for getting through a tricky match.

Anderson was rubbish on his doubles, looks like the nerves were at him again. Then agai Caven missed an awful lot too. It made for an exciting match but not the high standard we were all expecting. Anderson will be delighted to make it through.

Barney breezed through in his match without having to play his best. Same goes for Hamilton.

Looking forward to Jenkins v Nicholson tonight, should be a cracker. Joh Part and Toone Greebe could be interesting too.

Here is the schedule (with my picks in Bold):
    7.10pm Vincent van der Voort v Dylan Duo
    8.15pm Haruki Muramatsu v Krzysztof Kciuk (P)
    8.45pm John Part v Toon Greebe
    9.50pm Terry Jenkins v Paul Nicholson
    10.55pm Ronnie Baxter v Muramatsu/Kciuk

• Advertisement

Kingp35 wrote: »

Looking forward to Jenkins v Nicholson tonight, should be a cracker. Joh Part and Toone Greebe could be interesting too.

me 2! Think there could be an upset in either of these games, don't think the seeded players will have it all their own way.

Done little bet(because its 11/1 double) on Jenks winning 3-2 and Greebe to win

• Registered Users Posts: 13,602 ✭✭✭✭briany

One of my favourites Mr. Johnny Part is playing tonight so I shall look forward to that.
    On another note I think the crowds are pretty bad this year all in all. I can see where Ted Hanky is coming from talking about the bad order but then again the PDC does have a far better atmosphere than the BDO, it's just a shame that a large percentage of the crowd do not seem to be all that interested in the darts at times. Over the last few nights, I've seen part of the crowd with their backs to the darts. They were preoccupied with and reacting to something else entirely. Anyone know what this was?

briany wrote: »
    On another note I think the crowds are pretty bad this year all in all.?

on what evidence?

The only thing I've seen was Hamilton looking a bit upset during his 1st set last night and peering at side of stage. Whether or not that was something in the crowd I don't know....apart from that they've been grand! Seemed to get on a few players backs towards end of games, which I honestly think was because they wanted the other player to come back because it was a good game and they wanted it to continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭sc86

what happend andy jenkins eye the other night?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,991 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

lads just a heads up

the darts could be off tonight with the snow

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

One of my favourites Mr. Johnny Part is playing tonight so I shall look forward to that.
    On another note I think the crowds are pretty bad this year all in all. I can see where Ted Hanky is coming from talking about the bad order but then again the PDC does have a far better atmosphere than the BDO, it's just a shame that a large percentage of the crowd do not seem to be all that interested in the darts at times. Over the last few nights, I've seen part of the crowd with their backs to the darts. They were preoccupied with and reacting to something else entirely. Anyone know what this was?

Compared to the Grand Prix over here the crowd are 100 times more respectful of the players at the World Championships.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,534 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Headshot wrote: »
    lads just a heads up

the darts could be off tonight with the snow

2 games going ahead for definite according to Sky, possibly more if players can get to the venue. Very few fans knocking about also.

Would have to be the one night herself is gone off for the night!

sod that then. Bit of snow fall and the world grinds to a halt :rolleyes: Its not as snow is a completely new concept or something:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

:mad::mad:There is no crowd at the darts tonight with the really bad weather in London and there might be only 2 games tonight!:mad::mad:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Devastator wrote: »
    sod that then. Bit of snow fall and the world grinds to a halt :rolleyes: Its not as snow is a completely new concept or something:mad:

Ally Pally is at the top of a hill so a big snow storm would make it almost impossible to get up it.

Very disappointing, was looking forward to a good night of darts.

Gonna be strange seeing the matches on later in front of an empty arena! Poor Van Der Voort had to walk 3 miles in the snow to get there,. Why couldn't the other players do the same?

• Advertisement

on what evidence?

The only thing I've seen was Hamilton looking a bit upset during his 1st set last night and peering at side of stage. Whether or not that was something in the crowd I don't know....apart from that they've been grand! Seemed to get on a few players backs towards end of games, which I honestly think was because they wanted the other player to come back because it was a good game and they wanted it to continue.

Well while the majority of the crowd is into it most of the time, I wasn't impressed by the tendency of some to be distracted by other things happening elsewhere in the arena. During the Barnaveld match last night, i could see a big cluster of backs behind Barneveld looking of to the side, away from the board entirely and chanting something. I was wondering if maybe there were TV screens off to the side showing other events because it was clear they weren't reacting to the darts and I just think that it's bad form for section of the crowd to be giving a sharp "Ooooooh!" right as a dart is being thrown and I don't remember that happening in years gone by but maybe my memory is rose-tinted. On another note, quite the shame about the bad weather. I was hoping to see John Part on tonight, he's my favourite player after Steve Beaton because he's genial, Canadian and gloriously inconsistent!:D

mdwexford wrote: »
    Compared to the Grand Prix over here the crowd are 100 times more respectful of the players at the World Championships.

That really dawned on me watching the Jacko Barry-Beaton match. The way the crowd was carrying on was pretty hard to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

That really dawned on me watching the Jacko Barry-Beaton match. The way the crowd was carrying on was pretty hard to watch.

half of them weren't real fans, they were just there to get pissed pure and simple and thats the only thing i hate about darts. i was at that match and i loved every second of it what i didn't love were the w**kers around me booing every second

• Registered Users Posts: 39,534 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Looks like 4 games might go ahead now

Fair play to the fans for turning up in that weather!

Wow, the crowd is there in numbers! I was expecting it to be some sort of scene from an ill advised Captain Beefheart tribute night down the local auld lad's pub that has been poorly promoted but YES they have come!

All games are on!

All games are on!

Yeah just heard that a couple of mins ago, happy days!:D

All games are on!

nice one

• Advertisement

go on Muramatsu