Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PDC world championship 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

Baxer e/w 100/1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

I've just copied what I put in the gambling forum.

my selections follow (all each way, 1/2 odds, 1&2 places), all odds currently for bet365. Few sites offer better odds, but various reasons I've went through bet365. Not been a lot of darts played recently so hard to know who's on form and who's not, I've tried to judge on how players have been rest of the year.

First 2 picks are on same side of draw as Taylor, just bit of interest if he happens to get beat.

Wes Newton 400/1(through PP), great odds for a decent player. Sometimes not a big stage player and could run into Lewis in 2nd round.

Mark Walsh 80/1. Good player, came back from back dartitus really well. Playing great earlier in year(won 2/3 players championships) and think he's beaten Taylor twice this year.

Following in bottom of draw:-
    Terry Jenkins 45/1. Probably the most consistant player after Taylor over last few seasons both on stage and on floor. Never won a major tournament but got to loads of finals, should get to 1/4s at very least.

Simon Whitlock 66/1. He's a really good player, one of the best to come over from BDO recently. Playing Colin Osborne(80/1) in 1st round which I've also backed. Whichever wins could go well this year. Osborne's form has been good all year, got to final only to be beaten by Taylor few months back.

Ronnie Baxter 110/1. Form has came back since last years world championship when he was very unlucky to get beaten by Barney. Missed doubles for the game that time. Likes the big tournaments and big stage, at these odds worth a little bet.

Andy Hamilton 66/1. If he's on top form he can really push a lot of players far. Used to be practise partner with Taylor so he can handle himself.

Kevin Painter 90/1. Ex world finalist(beaten by Taylor), consistancy has been lacking a bit this year but think that depends on confidence. If he keeps his cool(not letting crowd get to him) and is hitting his scores then could really do well. Well experienced on big stage aswell.

I think this year could be very open, there are a lot of players in with a shout of getting far, I've just tried to get a decent price on few players who could do well.

Anyway, these are my thoughts, lets enjoy a great tournament!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Tonights schedule of play with my picks in Bold:

7.10pm Wayne Mardle v Jyhan Artut
    8.15pm Per Laursen v Christan Perez (P)
    8.45pm Dennis Priestley v Kevin McDine
    9.50pm Phil Taylor v Colin Monk
    10.55pm Robert Thornton v Laursen/Perez

Priestley v McDine will probably be the closest match of the night but I'm hoping Priestley gives McDine an almighty hammering :)

All the others will be one sided affairs unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

Looking forward to the start of the World Championship tonight. Can't see anyone other than Taylor winning the tournament so went to the opposite half of the draw for an each way bet and picked out Ronnie Baxter @ 80/1. He should have beat Barney last year in the last 16 but with him been in a great position to win a place in the Premier League i think Ronnie could go all the way to the final this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Priestley v McDine will probably be the closest match of the night but I'm hoping Priestley gives McDine an almighty hammering :)

What's wrong with McDine??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Frank Spencer

Mardle is in serious trouble here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 554 ✭✭✭spongeman

If Mardle gets out of this he will be doing well. He is not playing at all.

Can the German hold it together. Great double top there.

Mardle currently 4/1 to win on PP after the second set.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭shockframe

Looks like the end if mardle here.

• Advertisement

Mardle looks like he has not played for a year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭Richard Noggin

Artut really bottled it there .Missed nine doubles for the match.

Mardle looks a mess though.

Nine doubles.............

Game over. Mardle out!

Mardle looks like he doesn't care!

Bookies will be rubbing their hands. Many a man's accumulator ruined by that result.

What were the odds pre-game?

German played well. In a short match such as that the way Mardle played he had no chance.

Mardle looked a bit casual.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Buck_Naked wrote: »
    Game over. Mardle out!

Bookies will be rubbing their hands. Many a man's accumulator ruined by that result.

What were the odds pre-game?

1/6

Mardle should retire, hes disgracefully bad the last couple of years.

Altho he did beat Taylor a few years ago in this ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭force eleven

I didn't know Brendan Gleeson played darts...oh it's Per Laursen....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Not really a surprising result as all year Mardle was below par and never firing, I remember last year after a world championship match Mardle was preaching how hard you have to work to be a top 10 player like him, pretty much a condensing attitude to other players and I was thinking I hope it keeps fine for him. But it's been a disaster all year for him including the premier league.

He'll be a bit of a loss for the entertainment factor but unless you play to your potential it could happen to anyone. He also had £22,500 to defend so this could knock him back from 8th in the world at the start of the year to outside of the top 20 depending on how other players play.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

I didn't know Brendan Gleeson played darts...oh it's Per Laursen....:)

haha not bad, i see where you're comin from. :D

• Advertisement

Always young hungry guys on the rise.

So this is a qualifying round ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Buck_Naked wrote: »
    Game over. Mardle out!

It ruined my accumilator alright, very surprised by the results but Devastator had said he was playing rubbish.

I'll listen to him next time :o

Another scrunched up docket on the bookies floor......

Priestley can never be accused of throwing quickly, thats for sure.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Mardle was pathetically bad tonight. He never really tried and just gave up early doors. Beginning of the end I think.

Great game between Laursen and Perez. The Phillipino looks like a very good player and could give Thornton some problems later.

Very disappointed that Priestley is out. In fairness though McDine played very well, he actually played better after he got the leg injury. If he can keep that form up he will do well.

One way traffic between Taylor and Monk so far....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭shockframe

At least we wont have mardle in the premier league now.

taylor mentioning half a dozen celebrities or so in every interview now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

reckon taylor and the monk had words or the monk did anyway.

perez is a nice player ,very confident. thornton i just cant warm to

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭sc86

what odds is gary anderson goin out to jamie cavern?
    id love to see him do well but always seams to dissapoint

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

EKRIUQ wrote: »
    Not really a surprising result as all year Mardle was below par and never firing, I remember last year after a world championship match Mardle was preaching how hard you have to work to be a top 10 player like him, pretty much a condensing attitude to other players and I was thinking I hope it keeps fine for him. But it's been a disaster all year for him including the premier league.

He'll be a bit of a loss for the entertainment factor but unless you play to your potential it could happen to anyone. He also had £22,500 to defend so this could knock him back from 8th in the world at the start of the year to outside of the top 20 depending on how other players play.

He is currently world no. 17 so i'd imagine that he will definately be outside the tp 20 after the tournament.

I was watching sky sports news before the event started and they had an interview with mardle. He said that he didn't know who he was playing but that he was german....that really sums it up for me. He reckoned that he could go up on stage and beat this guy no problem - because he was a qualifier - well wayne, i'm sorry to say that you will soon be a qualifier with that kind of attitude. I'm actually delighted that he was beaten. It shows him up to being one of the most overrated players on the circuit.

Advertisement