Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PDC world championship 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,249 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Is this the first year they have a 3rd/4th place playoff before the final?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

ratinakeg wrote: »
    LOL!:D:D I was just gonna post that!!:D

Great minds think alike or so they say.......just a fluke for me though :eek::D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

robbie1977 wrote: »
    Is this the first year they have a 3rd/4th place playoff before the final?

Well they used to a long time ago but this is the first time in a while.

Come on MvG, hurry up and win!

Geez! Im better at doubles than MVG :eek: Funniest Waddellism(just made that up :p) in ages about MVG "His balance is like a stork with a gammy leg!" :D

Wade up next, new walkon music, black eye peas apparently :confused: He tries to blame his ****e taste in music on someone else saying they pick his walk on songs (;) yeah right!)

good god wright had an awlful lot of bounce outs.
    he must need a different weight of dart.

l cant see van gerwen ever winning a world championship.
    Very bad at doubles nd thats when theres no pressure on him.

Hes not a very likeable chap either,misses 4 darts at a double and then when he hits 1 he jumps around the stage like he just hit a nine darter.

james wade is 9/2 to win by 3 sets to 1 in bet365 if any1 has an account with them.
    will probably win 3-0 but 9/2 looks very good value to me for a few euros.

• Advertisement

james wade is 9/2 to win by 3 sets to 1 in bet365 if any1 has an account with them.
    will probably win 3-0 but 9/2 looks very good value to me for a few euros.

only 10/3 on PP for 3-1. I need checkout of over 116.5 for my treble, also put on less than 5.5 180s at 5/6.

The girlfriend just commented that the blonde walk on girl
    has had a boob job done.

My reply was "its a very nice boob job"

Steve Brown showed a good never say die atitude tonight he was unlucky with the draw
    he could be in the next round against a different oponent tonight.

One thing that Ive noticed alot lately is players when they are losing slow walking to take their darts out of the board.
    Players looking at the croud and smiling after a good shot on the way to get their darts or looking around shaking their head after a bad throw.

If a player wants to slow down the amount of time he takes on the oche throwing his 3 darts thats up to him but not taking twice as long to get his darts out while there is a player waiting to throw.

Its bad form in my opinion snooker players miss big shots in finals and they get away from the table quickly and dont hang around , golfers miss big putts to win majors and they move away quickly ,they dont start looking at the line of the roll and what went wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Any Double !

Steve Brown showed a good never say die atitude tonight he was unlucky with the draw
    he could be in the next round against a different oponent tonight.

One thing that Ive noticed alot lately is players when they are losing slow walking to take their darts out of the board.
    Players looking at the croud and smiling after a good shot on the way to get their darts or looking around shaking their head after a bad throw.

If a player wants to slow down the amount of time he takes on the oche throwing his 3 darts thats up to him but not taking twice as long to get his darts out while there is a player waiting to throw.

Its bad form in my opinion snooker players miss big shots in finals and they get away from the table quickly and dont hang around , golfers miss big putts to win majors and they move away quickly ,they dont start looking at the line of the roll and what went wrong.
    Its all about putting the other guy off, a bad habit ''which I've even seen recently creeping in at players champs here at home '' is stopping in front of the board just after taking their darts out to look at the scoreboard. again its just to put the other guy off as they can easily check the scores as they await their next shot. Pulling the darts out very lowly one at a time or "accidently dropping a flight are others but you get used to all of these after a while. A player that also slows an opponent down deliberately more often than not affects their own game and performance more than the other guy anyway as it shows they think they are in trouble.:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Any Double !

The girlfriend just commented that the blonde walk on girl
    has had a boob job done.

My reply was "its a very nice boob job"
    Brave Man :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

22257_221192579726_7469484726_2949997_4322978_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Bit of a surprise to see King go out, but Stompe played better than he did for years.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Great performance from Stompe. Admittedly it tok king a while to get going but even when he did Stompe was still the better player. I have to admit that I didn't think he had it in him. I really enjoyed that match and Stompe is much better craic that sourface King :)

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

Lewis looks in great form again today. Fair play, looks like he could give Taylor a game if he keeps this up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭dotsflan

anyone think that 11/8 tabern to score more 180's then dunbridge tonight is good value? tabern got 5 in his first round match whereas i dont think dudbridge got one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭501darts

Knowing both men fairly well I can tell you that Mark is more than capable of hitting 180 after 180 ... hes confidence is fairly low at the moment but even though iv Alan backed to win it, id fancy Mark on the 180 front, Alans strong point is consistancy and grittiness ........ but im always wrong when betting so forget all iv just said

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Jackpot is unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,012 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Robert Thorton v Jyhan Artut

what do you think of 4-0 Thorton , odds @13/8 ?

the Alan Tabern v Mark Dudbridge match is pretty class so far

3-3

Headshot wrote: »
    the Alan Tabern v Mark Dudbridge match is pretty class so far

3-3

this is why i love darts

what a game

• Advertisement

What a fantastic match that was. It had everything, plenty of 180's, big finishes, missed doubles, plenty of nerve jangling moments and just all round high quality and high entertainment.

Delighted Dudbridge got through, he is a top class player who is searching for his best form.

Think the next two games will be pretty one sided and will come no where near to matching that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 554 ✭✭✭spongeman

The Power is blowing hot and cold. Just as well for the guy he is playing.

Dudbridge match was amazing, Tabern threw it away at 2-0 up in set 7.

dotsflan wrote: »
    anyone think that 11/8 tabern to score more 180's then dunbridge tonight is good value? tabern got 5 in his first round match whereas i dont think dudbridge got one!

looked at that myself, but then went for Taburn over 4.5 180s at evens. He hit 5 in his 1st round match, so thought this was a cert with longer game.
    Headshot wrote: »
    Robert Thorton v Jyhan Artut

what do you think of 4-0 Thorton , odds @13/8 ?

Did you see that on Bristow's bets? I could have sworn they quoted odds of 10/3 :confused:

I've gone for under 125.5 checkout in Thornton match at 10/11

Devastator wrote: »
    looked at that myself, but then went for Taburn over 4.5 180s at evens. He hit 5 in his 1st round match, so thought this was a cert with longer game.

Did you see that on Bristow's bets? I could have sworn they quoted odds of 10/3 :confused:

I've gone for under 125.5 checkout in Thornton match at 10/11

4-1, glad I stayed away from that. Highest checkout was a 105 from Thornton, so my bet came in :)

Must have picks for tomorrow :-
    John Part v Kirk Shepherd over 126.5 checkout 5/6
    Ronnie Baxter v Gary Anderson over 10.5 180s 8/11

Part's finishing in 1st round was excellant, Shepherd more than capable of picking off a shot.
    Both Baxter and Anderson are more than capable of getting into double figures themselves so between them should comfortably see 11 or more in a game that could go the distance.

Standard in Lloyd vs Ovens has gone shocking.

Lloyd cant score to save his life and Ovens cant hit a double, comical stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭briany

Part vs. Shepherd! Good god this is one of the worst darts matches I've ever seen in my life!!!:eek:

Awful stuff so far today, Part couldnt miss a thing in round 1, what a difference.

briany wrote: »
    Part vs. Shepherd! Good god this is one of the worst darts matches I've ever seen in my life!!!:eek:
    mdwexford wrote: »
    Awful stuff so far today, Part couldnt miss a thing in round 1, what a difference.

C'mon Part!

Not that I really like him, but Shepherd's a cock! How can Part's game fall apart so much from Rd1? :eek: Anyone know if he flew back home over Christmas or did he stay in England?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

Yeah, he flew home.... Even if he upped his average 10 points to only 86 he could beat Shepard easily. Shocking stuff from Part.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭briany

Devastator wrote: »
    C'mon Part!

Not that I really like him, but Shepherd's a cock! How can Part's game fall apart so much from Rd1? :eek: Anyone know if he flew back home over Christmas or did he stay in England?:confused:

Well I really like Part myself and Shepherd seems like the kind of chap who has a great big spoiler on the back of his car. Did you see the way he was staring Part out of it as he Part walked off the stage after Shepherd winning the first set???

Judging from Part's form on the 19's, he'd be better off staying on the 20's.........

Advertisement