Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PDC world championship 2010

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Hopefully Terry can win this one. Really don't like Nicholson.

Fair play to the Japanese lad, he threw some good stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭shockframe

good start by the bull.up 1-zip.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,625 ✭✭✭✭briany

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Hopefully Terry can win this one. Really don't like Nicholson.

Fair play to the Japanese lad, he threw some good stuff.

No way, Ok Nicholson may not be a top player but at least he has bit of a sense of theatre about him which, in a game like darts makes him a draw. Love the big eyed look he shot at the crowd in mock surprise as the cheered his leg win, ahahaha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Eire celticbhoy

Hopefully Terry can win this one. Really don't like Nicholson
    .quote]
    How could ya say that i love Paul Nicholson my favourite player he plays great darts loves a bit of banter anyone notice the ireland band on his arm?Hope he goes all the way

• Registered Users Posts: 54,012 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

ya I noticed that Irish wrist band too

wonder whats up with that ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 554 ✭✭✭spongeman

Very high quality game this.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭itsmine

Headshot wrote: »

Just came on here to see if anyone knew what the story is with that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭butter13222

did chris mason even make it into it this year

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Where did Part get that out of. Wow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Part on fine form tonight even if he arrived just one hour before the match.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

mdwexford wrote: »
    Where did Part get that out of. Wow

:eek:

great form!

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭pad180

Headshot wrote: »

it could be to do with the late tom kirby .
    i remember he done a interveiw when tom died and he said he dressed like him as a memorial and had nothing but praise for him. so hes ok in my book fair play to him .

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

pad180 wrote: »
    it could be to do with the late tom kirby .
    i remember he done a interveiw when tom died and he said he dressed like him as a memorial and had nothing but praise for him. so hes ok in my book fair play to him .

That's the one nice thing that Nicholson has done.

Other that that he spends his time telling the crowd to f-off and not concentrating on his darts. Fair enough he is a pantomine villian but he should keep his mouth shut and just play the game.

I'm certainly not shedding any tears that he is out.

Part looked very good last night, hopefully he is back to his best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

Game of the night tonight should be the battle of the Wizards Colin Osborne v Simon Whitlock. Both very good players and both very likeable. Hard to pick a winner in this game,i reckon it'll be a high quality game and it'll go the 5 sets,maybe Osborne to sneak it. One of my favourite players Andy "The Pieman" Smith is playing tonight against American Darin Young and i reckon the Pieman will be under pressure to beat the American. Steve Beaton and Denis Ovens both have interesting games ahead of them,all in all should be another cracking night of darts.

That's the one nice thing that Nicholson has done.

Other that that he spends his time telling the crowd to f-off and not concentrating on his darts. Fair enough he is a pantomine villian but he should keep his mouth shut and just play the game.

I'm certainly not shedding any tears that he is out.

Part looked very good last night, hopefully he is back to his best.

I like the idea of a villianous player because if the hard time (in fun, really) that Manley has gotten over the last few years is anything to go by, the fans love having someone to hate but it's just a pity that nicholson hasn't got all that much charisma yet or the game to consistantly go far but that may change. Very happy about Part's win last night and hopefully he can carry on that good form through the tournament. Barneveld and Part are the only two players who I can see putting it up to Taylor on anything approaching a consistent basis. Also my ,perhaps shamefully, favourite player (I got into darts during his BDO WC win in '96) Steve Beaton is playing tonight. Every year I hope he can pull out a decent run of form on the big stage. Never happens though!

jebus anybody watching the darts at the moment

dyer stuff

edit

now its turning into a roller coaster

Wow what absolute rubbish from both players for the first 4 sets. It really was awful stuff. Then it exploded into a fantastic last set with loads of 180's and 140's and really high quality and entertaining stuff. Talk about a turn around.

Well done to Darin Young on taking the final set 5-4. Real proper exciting last set that I really enjoyed, pity the previous 4 were so bad :)

briany wrote: »
    Barneveld and Part are the only two players who I can see putting it up to Taylor on anything approaching a consistent basis.

Would hardly consider either Barney or part consistant in recent times.

Last game was really good at end, Had Young to win 3-2, over 115.5 checkout and under 7.5 180s. First 2 came in, there finished with 8(?) 180s after only 2 in the 1st 4 sets :eek: Says it all about the way the game went :D

Beaton to win 3-1 & whoever wins the bull(Whitlock/Osborne) to win 3-2

Devastator wrote: »
    Would hardly consider either Barney or part consistant in recent times.

Last game was really good at end, Had Young to win 3-2, over 115.5 checkout and under 7.5 180s. First 2 came in, there finished with 8(?) 180s after only 2 in the 1st 4 sets :eek: Says it all about the way the game went :D

Beaton to win 3-1 & whoever wins the bull(Whitlock/Osborne) to win 3-2

No well I know what you are saying but put it this way, Barneveld and Part are the only players who do have the game to beat Taylor and can actually rise to the occasion. Other players, while capable of beating Phil as well will invariably, depressingly fluff their lines. When it comes to the World's theres only three who have recently won it: Barneveld, Part and Taylor.

Good first set from Whitlock although Osbourne really should have got that last leg. That's a set against the throw for Whitlock so he has to be favourite from here. Would like to see him have a good run in this tournament as I have liked him for a good while at this stage.

• Advertisement

got to laugh at the poems :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

whitlock is on fire on the doubles and scoring well

You have to hand it to Whitlock, that was a top class performance. He is a real dark horse for the title imo.

A very classy 3-1 win.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

Glad i backed Whitlock now.... he's a genuine contender if he can keep this form up. Really good performance. I'd reckon that his pre tournament odds of 66/1 will at least be halved.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

Possibly the slowest player on circuit on next.... Long night ahead methinks!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,069 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I backed Whitlock myself today..Ill be keeping an eye on him

Impressive stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭sc86

roll on the 2nd round, alot of poor games on each nite so far...
    some very good 2nd round games coming up

Yeah the second round really has a fantastic line up. Some cracking matches in there worthy of semi-finals at least.

Hopefully Van Gerwen can win through tonight. Lloyd should get through and so should Wade.

Francisco "Hankey's not so glum look-a-like" Ruiz is on :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

Devastator wrote: »
    Francisco "Hankey's not so glum look-a-like" Ruiz is on :D

LOL!:D:D I was just gonna post that!!:D

Advertisement