Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Off Topic Thread...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Has anyone here ever given up dairy to ease allergies/ hayfever, and did they have any luck with it? My symptoms have been so bad this year that I'm seriously considering giving up my beloved Wensleydale with cranberry and Lidl Greek yoghurt *sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

Yahoo answers diet and fitness, dear god I don't know what to think sometimes; here's some questions

Does this ringtone really make your boobs grow?
    How can I up my weight loss for 25 days?
    What level of active am I?
    Does a motorised treadmill need to work on a mains plug?
    I am 157.5 pounds, and 5ft6 .. am i overweight? (asking for trouble)
    Get my boobs bigger without gaining excess fat?
    How much weight will I lose at the end of a ten day water fast?
    In the morning ill be 154 and after eatingdrinking 1 thing it'll go up to 159, what the heck is wrong w/me?

I really shouldn't go on that site.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

Dolorous wrote: »
    Has anyone here ever given up dairy to ease allergies/ hayfever, and did they have any luck with it? My symptoms have been so bad this year that I'm seriosuly considering giving up my beloved Wensleydale with cranberry and Lidl Greek yoghurt *sigh*

Hmm, I dunno, if I was a betting woman I'd doubt it. Maybe try 5,000IU/day vitamin D first? That seems to modulate the abnormal immune response that is the cause of hayfever. Then of course you'd have to eat high quality cheese for the K2 to balance it.:P
    Orla K wrote: »
    Yahoo answers diet and fitness, dear god I don't know what to think sometimes here's some questions

Does this ringtone really make your boobs grow?
    How can I up my weight loss for 25 days?
    What level of active am I?
    Does a motorised treadmill need to work on a mains plug?
    I am 157.5 pounds, and 5ft6 .. am i overweight? (asking for trouble)
    Get my boobs bigger without gaining excess fat?
    How much weight will I lose at the end of a ten day water fast?
    In the morning ill be 154 and after eatingdrinking 1 thing it'll go up to 159, what the heck is wrong w/me?

I really shouldn't go on that site.

Oh god I stumbled on there once, there is not enough anti-stupid in the world. Every question and answer makes me do this:

005.png

• Registered Users Posts: 14,237 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

kate.m wrote: »
    I don't suppose you have a good recipe for oat pancakes? I'd love to try them, but some of the ones I've flicked through online don't sound too healthy!

60g oat
    1 egg
    150ml milk

mix together, leave in the fridge over night.
    Mellor wrote: »
    I use 70g oats, 2 small eggs and 100ml milk.

Something that I do that I don't see anybody else doing is oat flour.
    Take the dry oats, and give tham about 20 seconds in a blender. Turns the flakey oats into a course flour. Mix in a bowl with milk and eggs.

It gives a much smoother batter.

Just back from the shop, was all geared up to make a batch of oat pancakes for the day, turns out theres gluten in Odlams oats?

i'm gutted!

Just back from the shop, was all geared up to make a batch of oat pancakes for the day, turns out theres gluten in Odlams oats?

i'm gutted!

Yes there's gluten in there, I have seen gluten free oats but it's a tiny half full/empty box for a fiver. More than twice the price of normal oats.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

You could try Nairn's Gluten free porridge oats.

You can buy them on everygreen.ie but I'm sure there's other stockists.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,237 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Flahavans dont mention gluten on their oats, am I hoping for too much?

Flahavans dont mention gluten on their oats, am I hoping for too much?

Yes you are :( I hate all this talk of porridge and oats, I actually miss it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I ate MyProtein beef jerky today and my gums hurt now. It's like I flossed too much.

It tasted nice though

I had Jalapeno jerky awhile ago. Fook me it was spicy but delicious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Da Za

Rachel Allen's chocolate croissant bread and butter pudding looked immense last week.

Prob put me in the next weight class, not like that'll be difficult or anything ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Decent offer on Whole Chicken,bacon etc starting next week.

http://www.lidl-pageflip.com/ie.html?kid=8peqFG

I just ate my weight in sushi, so full... why is it that tiny roe is so much nicer than large salmon roe, seriously salmon roe tastes exactly like chewing a cod liver oil capsule

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Red Cortina

I looovvveee sushi:)

I looovvveee sushi:)

I was put off sushi the first time I tried it. I ordered some sushi and was enjoying it with soy sauce when I noticed this ball of what looked like mashed pickle.

Yes.. I put a big lump of wasabi in my mouth and chowed down :mad:

Oh you silly goose. I used to have sushi everyday for lunch in my old job. Really miss it.

Now Foods Super Enzymes is good stuff. I ate some bad foods over the last two days which would normally bloat the hell out of me but these seems to be relieving any issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭rocky

Yesterday I had 530g carbs.
    brb diabetes :(

Anyone read/experiment with CT - Cold Thermogenesis? Seems to be lots of talk on the 'health' blogs about it, too bad the latest proponent, Jack Kruse, is an inarticulate baxtard in his confusing writing

rocky wrote: »

Snickers easter eggs? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭rocky

Surprisingly, no.

Dates, figs, oats (with salmon, then with maple syrup), fruit salad, more maple syrup, canned pineapple...

• Advertisement

That'll learn you. I got one tiny cute real chicken's egg shell filled with praline. It looked adorable with a little lavender ribbon around it, but it tasted like shite :)

I made up with it by having an epic portion of paella. I got some acorn-fed chorizo for it and all, I am such a food-ponce.:cool:
    Anyone read/experiment with CT - Cold Thermogenesis? Seems to be lots of talk on the 'health' blogs about it, too bad the latest proponent, Jack Kruse, is an inarticulate baxtard in his confusing writing

He's a lunatic, but he's good at stealing other people's ideas and passing them off as his own. I was in the changing rooms on a tour of the nou camp in barcalona and they had an ice plunge pool, that was years ago. I do love a good sauna and then freezing cold shower. NOTHING wakes you up quicker!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭meijin

I do love a good sauna and then freezing cold shower. NOTHING wakes you up quicker!
    I love cold showers, every morning finishing with the cold one. Very refreshing! :D
    Also used to do ice baths after long weekend runs.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Red Cortina

Inarticulate is right.
    He comes across as absolutely bonkers:pac:
    He's a lunatic, but he's good at stealing other people's ideas and passing them off as his own. I was in the changing rooms on a tour of the nou camp in barcalona and they had an ice plunge pool, that was years ago. I do love a good sauna and then freezing cold shower. NOTHING wakes you up quicker!
    I am such a wuss when it comes to going into cold water. I've been known to have the opinion that if it qualifies for the statement 'it's lovely once you get down' then it is too cold for me.

My sister swims with the sea swim group in Galway and even did a lake swim at home one Christmas while I stood watching and sipping my hot whiskey!

My sister swims with the sea swim group in Galway and even did a lake swim at home one Christmas while I stood watching and sipping my hot whiskey!

I'd only be up for a cold shower mind! Nothing worse than brain freeze from something beside ice-cream!

My brother does the Christmas day swim down home each year. Good luck to him..

I can't sleep and for some reason only thought of comparing my thyroid test results now tsh down .18mU/L and free t4 up .9pmol/L they didn't test t3 again but I'm slowly getting my tsh down through diet alone so I'm happy. t4 was at the lower end of normal.

That's awesome! How are you doing it?

Also how are you not sleeping, I'm sort of obsessed with sleep. When I get to sleep I'm fine but it's slowing my brain down at night is the problem! I find a combo of magnesium spray, collagen (gelatine would work too) and choline does wonders. Though I suspect choline can cause weight gain, but it's just a suspicion.

That's awesome! How are you doing it?

Also how are you not sleeping, I'm sort of obsessed with sleep. When I get to sleep I'm fine but it's slowing my brain down at night is the problem! I find a combo of magnesium spray, collagen (gelatine would work too) and choline does wonders. Though I suspect choline can cause weight gain, but it's just a suspicion.

No gluten, trying to keep stress levels down, eating meat, fat, fish & veg. I'm still eating goitrogenic food but have added brazil nuts for selenium (after reading this)
    My numbers weren't really that off t4 in low normal and tsh just a little high at 4.54(now) but I want that closer to 2. I suppect that if I had gotten a blood test a year ago it would have been alot higher than 4.54 I've been eating fairly well for since last year although it's only lately that I've completely stopped eating gluten.

As for not sleeping, it's not really caused by anything interesting except, not working and sleeping in in the morning and getting into a bad cycle of that, makes me tired most the day then at night I'm wide awake. Really need to fix it but when there's major need to get up in the morning it's really difficult. I've an alarm set on my phone which I put in a different room and I woke up on top of my phone a few hours after the alarm went off.

I was thinking about doing a bone broth for soups and stuff but I'd need to buy a stock pot, all my pots are too small

Wow, well done, great to see real-life results!

My last TSH was 0.75, but Paul Jaminet says under 0.50 is optimal :eek:

Lately I'm tired all day and then wake up at about 10:30pm, bright eyed and bushy tailed at the wrong time of the day! I do find being on the aul' computer late does not help but I'm working on that one.. :/

Wow, well done, great to see real-life results!

My last TSH was 0.75, but Paul Jaminet says under 0.50 is optimal :eek:

Lately I'm tired all day and then wake up at about 10:30pm, bright eyed and bushy tailed at the wrong time of the day! I do find being on the aul' computer late does not help but I'm working on that one.. :/

I have read of peoples tsh being around 100! I would have thought 0.5 would be getting close to being hyper.

And yes, the laptop is my worst habit too, I climb into bed with the laptop and a film, have the cats curled around me and then sleep with the laptop on the bed.:o My electricty went I think it was in jan, best sleep I got, was going to bed early, no alarm but woke up naturally normally just past sunrise and was wide awake all day.

• Advertisement

I've got a seriously bloated belly.

Going for some sort of procedure next week to determine what the hell is wrong with my strange body. They reckon I could be coeliac so have me eating a serious amount of bread and wheat.

I hate eating bread, I haven't eaten it in over a year.

I've blisters all over my mouth and the thoughts of having another slice is killing me.

UGH!

Advertisement