Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Off Topic Thread...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

That philadelphia chocolate cream cheese is vile.

Go for Nutella next time :)

It really is, it's really strange I don't know what to put on bagels anymore, I was kinda wondering around all confused until I remembered that I used to put cream cheese on it.

Think I might have a look around google for healthier ideas.

Have you tried Justins nutbutters? There's a chocolate almond one, I love it.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

Could eat the sandwiches and pop NOW digestive enzymes if you have them?

They help me a lot. Yeah margarine is disgusting after being eating Kerry Gold

They had no food at the meeting! So I ate my cheese and fruit and mortadella on the train, grabbed a quick bowl of veg soup and then chowder afterwards. Veg soup did NOT sit well in my stomach at all. Irony!
    rocky wrote: »
    These days I'm only 'skipping' breakfast, not going for 20+ hour fasts. On the other hand, do not have only whey protein and milk as your first meal of the day... I almost died* from hypoglycemia 1 hour after... :o
    I guess it's true, whey + milk elicits a big insulin response...

*slight exaggeration

Whey gives me the wildest blood-sugar readings, I mean I can drink a bottle of lucozade (for science!) and barely tip 6.5, but a whey shake hits 7.5 no problem, followed by ravenous hunger. I don't know how this is physically possible but I trust my glucometer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Where can one purchase Justins nutbutters?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭rocky

lizgal wrote: »
    hiya
    can anyone recommend a good hypnotist for digestive problems in galway city:confused:?

hypnotoad.gif

18884834.jpg

Where can one purchase Justins nutbutters?

Online, I got them from iherb before I'm sure you can get them in other places

• Advertisement

For the record eating less and moving more does fuck all for digestive issues. And since there is a well-known connection between stress and digestive flare-ups I don't think it's actually a bad idea..

jlvn773l.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

For the record eating less and moving more does fuck all for digestive issues. And since there is a well-known connection between stress and digestive flare-ups I don't think it's actually a bad idea..

This is true. My IBS was caused by stress. Everywhere was suggesting to avoid foods that flared it rather then deal with the stress that was causing it.

Does L-Glutamine help GI issues?

I though 'digestive issue' is code word for 'I ate too much, again, and can't move'. Fair enough if this is not the case. How can hypnosis help with stress?

I though 'digestive issue' is code word for 'I ate too much, again, and can't move'. Fair enough if this is not the case. How can hypnosis help with stress?

I'd guess by teaching your subconscio (got tired of trying to spell that word) ways to manage stress so you feel more relaxed.

Does L-Glutamine help GI issues?

I have a big bottle of it in the press but was too lazy to try it out. I am a compulsive suppement buyer, have a press full of stuff I keep meaning to try out. But I only take CLO and collagen -amazing sleep! That could be the sugar solution it comes in though.;)- with any regularity and even then it's pretty haphazard.

Temporarily, definitely. It's less clear if the effects are long lasting.

Have you never listened to the relaxation hypnosis vids on youtube?

For some hilarious reason they ALL have northern english accents, I swear that yorkshire, birmingham and manchester have a complete monopoly on hypnosis cds.:D

• Advertisement

For some hilarious reason they ALL have northern english accents, I swear that yorkshire, birmingham and manchester have a complete monopoly on hypnosis cds.:D

I started laughing at relaxAAAshin. I suppose laughing helps you relax.

Ah want yee te relax yer entire body frem heed te toe.

:D:D:D

:D

try this one - I came across it while searching for vacuum cleaner / hair dryer sounds on youtube

What the hell, it doesn't even wor... ALL HAIL THE HYPNOTOAD o-o

I actually bought a binaural beats mp3 for meditation as I'm really crap at slowing my brain down.

It feels really weird..

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I got one of these cheap enough on ebay.
    http://www.amazon.com/Proteus-Light-Machine-System-Mindplace/dp/B00061URFG

must dig it out again, it was relaxing.

Via Melissa MacEwan on twitter

How to read a scientific paper: http://www.bmj.com/about-bmj/resources-readers/publications/how-read-paper

Excellent beginners resource for those who don't know their confidence intervals from their p values.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭meijin

Did some shopping today and noticed the girl behind me had low fat milk :eek:... and then she added a "crunchie" which was conveniently displayed at the till :rolleyes:

^^ and the problem with that is...

meijin wrote: »
    Did some shopping today and noticed the girl behind me had low fat milk :eek:... and then she added a "crunchie" which was conveniently displayed at the till :rolleyes:

Bet ya that was me.

Crunchies are only 185 calories and are gluten free. Yum yum yum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

meijin wrote: »

I buy low fat milk if it's tesco's brand. The whole milk gives stomach issues for some reason.

I prefer premier daries whole milk

• Advertisement

I buy low fat milk if it's tesco's brand. The whole milk gives stomach issues for some reason.

I prefer premier daries whole milk

After switching to skimmed milk I don't think I could go back to full fat milk. It just seems to heavy on my stomach. :confused:

I ending up in a surreal situation today when in the local shop. I walked in and the Chinese lady behind the counter asked me if dairygold contained bacon. I said 'sorry?' assuming I misheard. But no, there was a muslim gentlemen there and he was asking for butter and needed to know if it contained any pork. I ended up spending the next 10 minutes explaining the difference between butter and spread to both of them. It was quite an involved conversation. The gentleman left to go to Dunnes to get some Kerrygold. I consider that a victory.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Red Cortina

At work recently there was an inspection from a Halal certification board and we were all sent around a presentation on Halal etc. It's all very interesting. They really turn up their noses at Kosher.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,081 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

At work recently there was an inspection from a Halal certification board and we were all sent around a presentation on Halal etc. It's all very interesting. They really turn up their noses at Kosher.:)
    Really?
    I was under the impression that Kosher meat, meets the requirements for Halal*, but not the other way around.

*One exception being that some muslins require the name of god to spoken at each slaughter, which doesn;t happen in kosher. But only very strict muslims insist on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I ended up spending the next 10 minutes explaining the difference between butter and spread to both of them.
    If I was muslim I'd probably be asking the same thing in a foreign country, I remember being put off these coconut cakes I liked when I saw they contained pig fat, just sounded wrong to me.

I had thought 'butter' would be a controlled/restricted description/term but there are several spreads with butter in the title which some people might have mistook for being pure butter.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭alexsmith

full fat milk might as well be cream.its disgusting

alexsmith wrote: »
    full fat milk might as well be cream.its disgusting

Sacrilege!:D

Plus cream is not disgusting!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭Katgurl

Has anyone tried Coconut & Cacao slice from Natashalivingfood.ie I bought one in Evergreen today, nearly passed out with ecstascy eating it. I don't have a clue how to gauge the calories (im trying to lose weight so really should have stayed away), anyone have any ideas; it was 100g (couldnt stop myself finishing) and ingredients are - dessicated coconut, raw cacao powder, raw agave nectar, raw coconut butter, vanilla essence, salt. I put it into MFP as 500 calories but i'm basing that estimate on absolutely nothing.

Katgurl wrote: »
    Has anyone tried Coconut & Cacao slice from Natashalivingfood.ie I bought one in Evergreen today, nearly passed out with ecstascy eating it. I don't have a clue how to gauge the calories (im trying to lose weight so really should have stayed away), anyone have any ideas; it was 100g (couldnt stop myself finishing) and ingredients are - dessicated coconut, raw cacao powder, raw agave nectar, raw coconut butter, vanilla essence, salt. I put it into MFP as 500 calories but i'm basing that estimate on absolutely nothing.

I thought they were mank, don't like agave nectar and it would have been much nicer without it or less of it. As for calories I've no idea but you could try email natasha@natashaslivingfood.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

i ****ing loved it - expensive but niiice

Advertisement