Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Off Topic Thread...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Ice. wrote: »
    I would but I seem to anger the hive mind and then get told by mods not to post in threads again or I will be banned. They don't like the paleo/low carb doctrine being challenged around here I guess.

I'd say it's more got to do with the fact you troll the shít out of the forum.

And I'd say it's you that's angry tbh. Head firmly in the sand with your low fat/high carb ideology. I'm sure you know you're wrong deep down but you're gone too far to ever admit it:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Ice.

Blatter wrote: »
    I'd say it's more got to do with the fact you troll the shít out of the forum.

So having a different opinion is trolling now? Interesting..

And I'd say it's you that's angry tbh.

I assure you I am perfectly calm.
    Head firmly in the sand with your low fat/high carb ideology.

Oh the irony..

I'm sure you know you're wrong deep down but you're gone too far to ever admit it:)

LOL. Time to stop projecting and dial back the fat and then you might understand more clearly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

So having a different opinion is trolling now? Interesting..

No, posting pictures of fat guys eating bread with the intention of winding people up is trolling

I assure you I
    am perfectly calm.

I believe you:)

Oh the irony..

LOL. Time to stop projecting and dial back the fat and then you might understand more clearly.

You keep on telling yourself that:)

No, posting pictures of fat guys eating bread with the intention of winding people up is trolling

With a sneaky burger wedged between those slices of bread because let's be honest...He didn't get his formidable physique eating just fruits and vegetables.

I believe you:)

Nice to know.

You keep on telling yourself that:)

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

I would but I seem to anger the hive mind and then get told by mods not to post in threads again or I will be banned. They don't like the paleo/low carb doctrine being challenged around here I guess.

I don't eat 'paleo' .. or low carb.

If you and El - D met in real life, it would be a hot bed of sexual desire

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

I don't eat 'paleo' .. or low carb.

Nah, trolls are impotent, everyone knows that :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

I resemble that remark.

I resemble that remark.

Nobody could ever love you anyway

Good thing I'm not a troll then.

However the BO and bad breath from a high-fat animal-foods eater would put me off. *gag* :pac:

Good thing I'm not a troll then.

And not self-delusional either. What a catch!:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Frogdog

Had mashed broccolli with butter as part of my dinner tonight, never tried it before.

My God, it was like heaven in my mouth!!! :D

If you like that, you'll love broccolli soup:

Broccolli, real bone stock, salt, blob of creme fraiche, dash of paprika. Heaven.

Frogdog wrote: »
    Had mashed broccolli with butter as part of my dinner tonight, never tried it before.

My God, it was like heaven in my mouth!!! :D

Be honest, you likened it to sex didn't you? Cats out of the bag now man.

What a catch!:pac:

Thank you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Frogdog

If you like that, you'll love broccolli soup:

Broccolli, real bone stock, salt, blob of creme fraiche, dash of paprika. Heaven.

You can make that for me anytime and I'll gladly try it! :D
    Be honest, you likened it to sex didn't you? Cats out of the bag now man.

Who would do something like that?! Not me anyway....:o

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Roger Marbles

Great talk by Minger.

Witty, great presence as a speaker and spot on about the lack of control of variables and confounders in the various diets.

Looking forward to her first book next year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

lost about half a stone in the last... period of time. not sure exactly when i was last at my parents to weigh myself, a month or a little more maybe but I'm down about 8 pounds. slow and steady wins the race :)

--edit, i forgot there are 14 lb's in a stone, so i'm down around 12 pounds, the guts of a stone. I guess the time was closer to 2 months then, a stone in a month is a bit much if I wasn't exercising.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭rocky

If anyone has an Argos reservation code for a HP Touchpad in Galway... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭rocky

Nevermind, I got one off Elara...

Now, how do you turn it on :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Animord

She looks pretty damn well on it to be fair! I know people half her age that don't look as good :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Saw extra virgin coconut oil in dunnes in sandyford the other day. Can't remember the price but it was far cheaper than health shops. Must be getting more popular.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-15137948
    Denmark introduces world's first food fat tax

Denmark has introduced what is believed to be the world's first fat tax - a surcharge on foods that are high in saturated fat.

Butter, milk, cheese, pizza, meat, oil and processed food are now subject to the tax if they contain more than 2.3% saturated fat.

Some consumers began hoarding to beat the price rise, while some producers call the tax a bureaucratic nightmare.

Others suggest that many Danes will simply start shopping abroad.

Danish officials say they hope the new tax will help limit the population's intake of fatty foods.

However, some scientists think saturated fat may be the wrong target.

They say salt, sugar and refined carbohydrates are more detrimental to health and should be tackled instead.

Oh dear ..

Forgive my French but **** sake! This is the law of unintended consequences in action, food processors are going to turn to more onerous substitutions to get the same mouthfeel as sat fat.

Poor Danish people, if they ever try to introduce that here I'm going to start rioting!

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Red Cortina

Jeez but that tax is not right.

On an other note I saw this retweeted today by Emily Deans and thought it was very good :my observations: #paleo stages: Skeptic, buy-in, low carb, zealot, plateau, potato eater, fruit eater, rational real foodie

Defo true for me!:pac:

food processors are going to turn to more onerous substitutions to get the same mouthfeel as sat fat.
    And customers will turn to sugary snacks.

I can see Danish pastrys made with hydrogenated veg oil :mad:
    The new tax, designed by Denmark’s outgoing government in an effort to limit the population’s intake of fatty foods, will add 16 kroner ($2.87, or 2.15 euros) per kilo (2.2 pounds) of saturated fats in a product.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/10/02/denmark-imposes-fat-tax-in-effort-to-limit-unhealthy-foods/#ixzz1ZeQq7FKI
    So a kilo of coconut oil at 86% would be €1.82 more.

Jeez but that tax is not right.

On an other note I saw this retweeted today by Emily Deans and thought it was very good :my observations: #paleo stages: Skeptic, buy-in, low carb, zealot, plateau, potato eater, fruit eater, rational real foodie

Defo true for me!:pac:

Teehee! Brilliant. I love Emily Deans, she's one of the few bloggers out there that gives you a soundtrack to her posts. Reeeally helps with the heavy biochem bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Red Cortina

Teehee! Brilliant. I love Emily Deans, she's one of the few bloggers out there that gives you a soundtrack to her posts. Reeeally helps with the heavy biochem bits.
    Don't think she wrote that herself, just retweeted it..

WRT the heavy biochem stuff, I for the most part can't take that in. Tis way over my head TBH....

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

was feeling pretty ****ty the last month or so, kept throwing bags of gummi bears into my shopping basket at tesco and six packs of monster munch, as well as take-aways that were getting more and more frequent

somehow I managed to lose half a stone since the end of august despite all this. Guess terrible dinners aren't all that bad when you're eating a healthy breakfast/lunch

Advertisement