Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Off Topic Thread...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭rocksteady36

If anyone is using iherb..When you use a referral code (mine is OGA522) you get $5 off your first order at iherb.....Sweet

Actually some good deals on organic vitamins from New Chapter etc..

https://www.iherb.com

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

I've advised the other half to have me committed if I ever decide to do a part time masters again.

Thanks, now I know what i'm letting myself in for !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭rocky

Hello!!! End of August, it's going sooo slowly, and it would really help if every second paper didn't contradict the one before. I'm learning a lot about leptin, but that might not even turn out to be relevant now. :/Science is so damn inconclusive, I laugh at myself of 3 years ago, ah to be that sure of anything again!

I've advised the other half to have me committed if I ever decide to do a part time masters again.

Physics or Mathematics, no inconclusiveness there ;)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

rocky wrote: »

I dunno, have you seen two statisticians argue? It's vicious!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

shaved today to discover I only have 1.5 chins instead of 2, progress!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Red Cortina

rocky wrote: »
    You're back!

just driving by... carry on :cool:

I have such a huge girl crush on Denise Minger
    denise_september.jpeg?w=400&h=301

I'm just gonna link to this talk next time a crazy vegan posts on the forum:

http://vimeo.com/27792352

she's very funny, luckily she's on 'our' side :)

'soybean cow, sugar hippopotamus'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Ice.

I'm just gonna link to this talk next time a crazy vegan posts on the forum:

http://vimeo.com/27792352

Ah, Denise Minger. The gift that keeps on giving. What a load of waffle. She talks alot but says very little TBH. The gist of her argument seems to be that vegan-promoting doctors are taking part in a big conspiracy to hide the fact that as well as eating a plant based diet they get their patients to cut out junk food and exercise a bit more. I don't know about you but that's shocking stuff altogether!

• Advertisement

Ice. wrote: »
    Ah, Denise Minger. The gift that keeps on giving. What a load of waffle. She talks alot but says very little TBH. The gist of her argument seems to be that vegan-promoting doctors are taking part in a big conspiracy to hide the fact that as well as eating a plant based diet they get their patients to cut out junk food and exercise a bit more. I don't know about you but that's shocking stuff altogether!

Ah Ice, your cognitive dissonance knows no bounds, she said nothing about conspiracy whatsoever. In fact the only people I hear talk of conspiracy are people looking to discredit her. Sad really.

Ah Ice, your cognitive dissonance knows no bounds, she said nothing about conspiracy whatsoever. In fact the only people I hear talk of conspiracy are people looking to discredit her. Sad really.

She was trying to make out that these doctors were somehow trying to conceal the fact that they had their patients give up junk food and exercise a bit more in addition to a plant based diet. However, I'm not the one who has a "huge girl crush" on Denise and hoisted her up on a pedestal so I would check my impartiality if I were you and I don't need to discredit her as she does a great job of it herself.

She was trying to make out that these doctors were somehow trying to conceal the fact that they had their patients give up junk food and exercise a bit more in addition to a plant based diet. However, I'm not the one who has a "huge girl crush" on Denise and hoisted her up on a pedestal so I would check my impartiality if I were you and I don't need to discredit her as she does a great job of it herself.

Nope, she pointed out that the doctors failed to account for the other factors in their multi-factorial interventions. That's just science.

Nope, she pointed out that the doctors failed to account for the other factors in their multi-factorial interventions. That's just science.

But they didn't. Minger is very selective with the truth and likes to lead her audience.

But they didn't.

Yes they did. You account for other variables by controlling for them. They did not do this.

Yes they did. You account for other variables by controlling for them. They did not do this.

Sigh.

Take off your Minger-tinted glasses.

Sigh.

Take off your Minger-tinted glasses.

Nice ignoring of my point there.

Nice ignoring of my point there.

Because your "point" is without merit.

Because your "point" is without merit.

If it is without merit, then it should be easy to disprove. In which case show me how they controlled for multiple variables. But you can't, because they didn't.

If it is without merit, then it should be easy to disprove. In which case show me how they controlled for multiple variables. But you can't, because they didn't.

Just read their literature.

• Advertisement

Just read their literature.

I've read their papers. They didn't control for multiple interventions.

I've read their papers. They didn't control for multiple interventions.

Of course you have.

Of course you have.

I have, have you?

I have, have you?

Absolutely.

Absolutely.

Great, so point out where they controlled the multiple interventions then.

Great, so point out where they controlled the multiple interventions then.

I see what you did there. Very clever, however I'm not going to read the literature for you I'm afraid.

I see what you did there. Very clever, however I'm not going to read the literature for you I'm afraid.

Hahaha, you can't point out the controls because there weren't any. Actually do you even know the Titles of their papers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Oh Ice.

Why don't you post more often, you're great entertainment:pac:

Blatter wrote: »
    Why don't you post more often

I would but I seem to anger the hive mind and then get told by mods not to post in threads again or I will be banned. They don't like the paleo/low carb doctrine being challenged around here I guess.

• Advertisement

I would but I seem to anger the hive mind and then get told by mods not to post in threads again or I will be banned. They don't like the paleo/low carb doctrine being challenged around here I guess.

Still waiting for you to point out where they controlled for multiple interventions though. Any update on that?

Advertisement